Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default New Tires to Mount - Is Walmart Automotive qualified - anyone use them?

Hi all,

I am planning on installing new tires on my 2014 RT Limited – it has just over 21,000 miles and will be the first change for the fronts and the 2nd for the rear.

I see that Walmart has both brands of tires needed. Their location is very close to me and would like to have them mount the tires.

Have any of you used Walmart Automotive to mount your tires – I am a little concerned about them, but don’t know what to base that on. I would prefer a “real” tire dealer to mount them. However, I am open to comments from you on your opinion on IF you had Walmart do it or to stay away from Walmart doing it!

This is NOT a tire post (again). I’ve decided my combo I will utilize is:
    Rear: General Altimax RT43 215/60-15
    Fronts: Kumho Solus KH16 155/60-15

Thanks, in advance, for your helpful input!

UPDATE:
    I placed my order for the tires from Walmart! They'll be here in a day or two. I talked with the "tire tech" and he stated they have a lot of "new" people working there. The first person I talked to I could not understand and then got to talk to the tech. He was very helpful and got my tire order placed accurately and quickly. I then asked him if they protect the chrome rims when mounting the tires - he said it's a 50/50 chance they may scratch them....................so, I am deciding to take them somewhere else (tbd) to be mounted
    Last edited by Jim&Teresa; 08-06-2015 at 11:19 AM.
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 Spyder RT Limited - January 2014, Cognac/Black Seat, #958, born on 1-8-14
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac