Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Angry No Mechanics 4 Spyders

Really getting frustrated with trying to get service on my 2016 F3 LTD. Just called Temecula Motorsports (Southern CA. LA area) where I bought the thing. NO BRP Spyder Tech available was the response. My radio is not working and I wanted some basic service. The service manager told me that nobody wants to do warranty work on the Spyder, since they may take 3 hours to fix something, and BRP only pays 1 hour. The warranty and extended warranty by BRP are therefore Useless! Regretfully owning this thing is becoming a pain. Too bad, because I really liked it until any maintenance came due.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Young View Post
    Really getting frustrated with trying to get service on my 2016 F3 LTD. Just called Temecula Motorsports (Southern CA. LA area) where I bought the thing. NO BRP Spyder Tech available was the response. My radio is not working and I wanted some basic service. The service manager told me that nobody wants to do warranty work on the Spyder, since they may take 3 hours to fix something, and BRP only pays 1 hour. The warranty and extended warranty by BRP are therefore Useless! Regretfully owning this thing is becoming a pain. Too bad, because I really liked it until any maintenance came due.
    Waow! That's too bad! I would get in touch with BRP and let them know that, the dealer refuse to honor their warranty! keep us posted!

Spyder Garage

Who runs the place?
    Sounds like twilight zone

I love R&R put another dime in the jukebox baby!

Spyder Garage

As Lou says, I imagine BRP would be, at the very least, "interested" to hear that one of their retailers is refusing to honour warranty items......for WHATEVER reason.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

they sure didnt mind selling you the Spyder but dont have anyone to work on it..It really doesnt take much to figure out how to repair things. BRP is just a phone call away for support.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    they sure didnt mind selling you the Spyder but dont have anyone to work on it..It really doesnt take much to figure out how to repair things. BRP is just a phone call away for support.
    & please make that call There is no reason for lack of service & we can not simply tolerate it because it will only get worse There has to be a certified & reputable somewhere close by heck im off in N Louisiana & got 10 dealers in 200m of these poor roads

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Bad dealer. Mine is the exact opposite...they bend over backwards to give good service.
    Phil

I may be old, but I got to see all the cool bands.

2011 Spyder RT-AC

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flaggerphil View Post
    Bad dealer. Mine is the exact opposite...they bend over backwards to give good service.
    Well I never dreamed the service availability was so non-existent in the heavily populated Los Angeles basin. BRP recommended I try Malcom Smith Motorsports...They at least gave me an appointment 10 days out. They are some 150 miles away, making it a real all day ordeal to have a second person follow and drive me home, plus take me back to pick it up. Had I ever thought this was going to be the drill, I would never have considered the Spyder. When my riding buddy told me the local Harley dealer will pick up your bike via trailer for service, It makes me think...

Spyder Garage

Default BRP Platinum Certified in California (Dealer, Service, and Parts)

Well, I am sorry to hear that. I guess that is why I kept it to the skelton such as the F3-S. The more electronics on a bike the more problems. But that is my opinion.

Here is my recommendation for you, contact California Department of Consumer Affairs http://www.dca.ca.gov/consumer/ Let them know your story. An investigation team will reach out to that department. You may be able to sue that department. Yes, it is going to take a while. But, it is worth it.

I actually created a post on "Extended Warranty in California" http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-in-California You should check it out.

The only place that I am very familiar with and I believe it is the ONLY one in California that is BRP Platinum Certified is in Elk Grove, CA. I understand it is a long drive, but it is worth the drive. I am using PowerRev for my warranty. Some say that Western Warranty is the best. Check out Elk Grove for your issue. Please make a complaint with that dealer through Department of Consumer Affairs.

Spyder Garage

I have a real problem with dealers who will take your $30 thousand dollars and then don't have any mechanics to do service on them. I would start by contacting BRP.
    Try: brp.care@brp.com

Let us know what Steve has to say about it.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Part of the dealer franchise agreement is that they MUST service the brand. If they refuse service they will loose the franchise.

Do reach out to BRP and your state consumer affairs office.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ussoldier View Post
    Well, I am sorry to hear that. I guess that is why I kept it to the skelton such as the F3-S. The more electronics on a bike the more problems. But that is my opinion.

Here is my recommendation for you, contact California Department of Consumer Affairs http://www.dca.ca.gov/consumer/ Let them know your story. An investigation team will reach out to that department. You may be able to sue that department. Yes, it is going to take a while. But, it is worth it.

I actually created a post on "Extended Warranty in California" http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-in-California You should check it out.

The only place that I am very familiar with and I believe it is the ONLY one in California that is BRP Platinum Certified is in Elk Grove, CA. I understand it is a long drive, but it is worth the drive. I am using PowerRev for my warranty. Some say that Western Warranty is the best. Check out Elk Grove for your issue. Please make a complaint with that dealer through Department of Consumer Affairs.
    Surely you wouldn't take it to a government body before you found out Can Am's take on the issue, ussoldier? It could possibly be resolved with a single phone call from Can Am to the dealer. It may not of course, but to jump down a government rat hole before you have taken at least some basic correctional steps won't do anyone any favours.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Surely you wouldn't take it to a government body before you found out Can Am's take on the issue, ussoldier? It could possibly be resolved with a single phone call from Can Am to the dealer. It may not of course, but to jump down a government rat hole before you have taken at least some basic correctional steps won't do anyone any favours.

Even if can am got got them to work on it, would you really want them too after this? Not me!!! There is no telling what they would half do in order to get done. It could compromise safety and reliability in the end. I would make a complaint and find another dealer.

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Service sells

It is very unfortunate that such things happen, but they do in many industries. Service after the sale should always be considered, though we all have difficulty determining this unless we speak with other locals.

Johnny K's has two stores in Ohio, they offer good inventory and outstanding service but one store is 50 miles from me and the other is 60. BRP took on another dealer in my city, they sell most everything but HD. Their prices are lower the Johnny K but thier service is just plain awful. It took them 3.5 weeks to do a 15k mile service last spring, and since then others have told me that they refuse to service anything more than 5 years old, even if they sold it. They claim that if it is that old you need to buy new.

i will not be buying or servicing them in the future.

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Spyder Garage

Default steve

I do not know , but is your cycle brand new ? or are you 2nd hand owner ? and is the cycle shop where you purchased this , do they sell can-am motorcycles and other cycles also ? the 2012 I bought was from a cycle shop other side of the area of where I am now , they would do a warranty but at a crazy price , so we chose not too go that route , but this cycle shop most likely did not have a spyder technician on site either I am willing too bet ! do not get me wrong , I did have a problem that I fixed my self , so I was a bit put off on the cycle , until I got into it and got familiar with it , really like the ride now ! now that it is cold and winter time ... so this was the reason I asked about the 1st or 2nd owner question !

Spyder Garage

I have one dealer the mechanic is terrible will not let them touch my bike. there another dealer that very good I use them all the time great service.

Spyder Garage

...The service manager told me that nobody wants to do warranty work on the Spyder, since they may take 3 hours to fix something, and BRP only pays 1 hour. ...
    You may want to contact the general manager of the dealership as well, the service manager may be making statements without the general manager's knowledge. The "1 hour" statement is BS and I am sure that BRP would want to know about it.

Clifford Fargason
    2013 Spyder RTL
    2007 Royal Star Venture

Spyder Garage

Default Good and bad

As in all purchases there are inferior dealerships and service departments. The dealership I bought mine off in Toronto ( Snow City ) have been great every time I go there either for service or just to see what's new etc ... 30 miles away at Bennett Power Sports they actually walked away from me when I said I was looking for a Spyder but only wanted to spend around $16,000 dollars and left me standing there for 15 minutes until I finally walked out . Had the same problem after buying a new Dodge Caravan , had to get my service done at another dealership because where I bought it they treated customers so poorly

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Dealers who sell and service several brands may not work on Spyders enough for techs to stay proficient on them. That's why I like to use Pitbull (300 miles) and SpyderPops (500 miles). I also try to have things done when I'm at dealer-sponsored events as much as possible.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm sorry that you're in this situation...
    The ability to get your Spyder serviced properly; should be more important than the cheaper price you got...
    Find another dealer!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Bert's Mega Mall

They are in the LA area and have a good reputation. Have you called them? They are also a site sponsor here on Spyderlovers..
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

and maybe try Fun Bike Center in SD. I had a great experience buying from them remotely. I have no FHE with their service tho....

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Av8er View Post
    Even if can am got got them to work on it, would you really want them too after this? Not me!!! There is no telling what they would half do in order to get done. It could compromise safety and reliability in the end. I would make a complaint and find another dealer.
    Current: "Scarlett", 2017 Can Am F3-T, SE6, Intense Red Pearl.
    BRP heated grips, DIY brake light strip and turn signal strips, Chrome/LED brake light tag frame, SpyderPops bumpskid, Baja Ron swaybar and billet links, Lamonster Third Peg, BRP Adjustable Passenger Backrest, SpyderPops Missing Belt Guard, ShowChrome oversize brake pedal, TricLED foglights.

Previous: "Synthia", 2014 Can Am Spyder RT, SM6, Pearl White.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    BRP is a good start to begin with; however, notifying Department of Consumer Affairs and National Highway Traffic Safety Administration NHTSA http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/SearchSafetyIssues can help people nationwide for being duped or let consumers be aware of the products.. I have a few friends and family members who worked there.

Plus, if you did contact BRP. Do you really think you want to go to Temecula motorsports to do your service? They may do half fast job or they would probably make some additional errors. Here is an example: If you go to McDonalds, and you bought a hamburger. You notice there is a bug in your hamburger. So you notified the manager to get a new hamburger. Don't you have the feeling the person who is making the hamburger will spit it on? lol I am just saying.

As for the mean time, fix your radio and let us know what dealer provide a good service. They say Whittier or Bert's Mega Mall is good. Here is a link for you to check out in the Southern California: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?81366-Reputable-dealers-in-southern-California-seeing-horror-stories-on-Yelp&highlight=Grove

Last edited by ussoldier; 12-03-2016 at 02:19 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default responce to #14`

I have dealt with both Johnny K's and Harding Park cycle in Canton. I left Johnny K's when I couldn't get good service there. An example was waiting 3 weeks to have a headlight put in when they were taking their mechanics out of service to train for countless hours on another franchise. Keep in mind I bought my bike there and I still couldn't get the service. This dealership is 11 miles from my house. When HP got a can am dealership at the beginning of the year I moved my service there. I have had 2 warrenty issues, and oil change and a major service done there to great satisfaction with price and workmanship. Two of my friends have also transferred their service work to hp and both are satisfied with both the work and savings. I am sure that there were hiccups when they first started servicing these vehicles but their work is good, the price is right and it worth traveling the additional 34 miles to be treated with respect.