Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Angry No Mechanics 4 Spyders

Really getting frustrated with trying to get service on my 2016 F3 LTD. Just called Temecula Motorsports (Southern CA. LA area) where I bought the thing. NO BRP Spyder Tech available was the response. My radio is not working and I wanted some basic service. The service manager told me that nobody wants to do warranty work on the Spyder, since they may take 3 hours to fix something, and BRP only pays 1 hour. The warranty and extended warranty by BRP are therefore Useless! Regretfully owning this thing is becoming a pain. Too bad, because I really liked it until any maintenance came due.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Young View Post
    Really getting frustrated with trying to get service on my 2016 F3 LTD. Just called Temecula Motorsports (Southern CA. LA area) where I bought the thing. NO BRP Spyder Tech available was the response. My radio is not working and I wanted some basic service. The service manager told me that nobody wants to do warranty work on the Spyder, since they may take 3 hours to fix something, and BRP only pays 1 hour. The warranty and extended warranty by BRP are therefore Useless! Regretfully owning this thing is becoming a pain. Too bad, because I really liked it until any maintenance came due.
    Waow! That's too bad! I would get in touch with BRP and let them know that, the dealer refuse to honor their warranty! keep us posted!

Spyder Garage

Who runs the place?
    Sounds like twilight zone

I love R&R put another dime in the jukebox baby!

Spyder Garage

As Lou says, I imagine BRP would be, at the very least, "interested" to hear that one of their retailers is refusing to honour warranty items......for WHATEVER reason.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

they sure didnt mind selling you the Spyder but dont have anyone to work on it..It really doesnt take much to figure out how to repair things. BRP is just a phone call away for support.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    they sure didnt mind selling you the Spyder but dont have anyone to work on it..It really doesnt take much to figure out how to repair things. BRP is just a phone call away for support.
    & please make that call There is no reason for lack of service & we can not simply tolerate it because it will only get worse There has to be a certified & reputable somewhere close by heck im off in N Louisiana & got 10 dealers in 200m of these poor roads

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Bad dealer. Mine is the exact opposite...they bend over backwards to give good service.
    Phil

I may be old, but I got to see all the cool bands.

2011 Spyder RT-AC

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    As Lou says, I imagine BRP would be, at the very least, "interested" to hear that one of their retailers is refusing to honour warranty items......for WHATEVER reason.

Pete

You need to send an email to BRP....they need to know what bad service some of these Dealers provide. It makes the entire product experience feel bad.
    Craig From Albany Oregon

Spyder Garage

Default BRP Platinum Certified in California (Dealer, Service, and Parts)

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Young View Post
    Well, I am sorry to hear that. I guess that is why I kept it to the skelton such as the F3-S. The more electronics on a bike the more problems. But that is my opinion.

Here is my recommendation for you, contact California Department of Consumer Affairs http://www.dca.ca.gov/consumer/ Let them know your story. An investigation team will reach out to that department. You may be able to sue that department. Yes, it is going to take a while. But, it is worth it.

I actually created a post on "Extended Warranty in California" http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-in-California You should check it out.

The only place that I am very familiar with and I believe it is the ONLY one in California that is BRP Platinum Certified is in Elk Grove, CA. I understand it is a long drive, but it is worth the drive. I am using PowerRev for my warranty. Some say that Western Warranty is the best. Check out Elk Grove for your issue. Please make a complaint with that dealer through Department of Consumer Affairs.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ussoldier View Post
    Well, I am sorry to hear that. I guess that is why I kept it to the skelton such as the F3-S. The more electronics on a bike the more problems. But that is my opinion.

Here is my recommendation for you, contact California Department of Consumer Affairs http://www.dca.ca.gov/consumer/ Let them know your story. An investigation team will reach out to that department. You may be able to sue that department. Yes, it is going to take a while. But, it is worth it.

I actually created a post on "Extended Warranty in California" http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-in-California You should check it out.

The only place that I am very familiar with and I believe it is the ONLY one in California that is BRP Platinum Certified is in Elk Grove, CA. I understand it is a long drive, but it is worth the drive. I am using PowerRev for my warranty. Some say that Western Warranty is the best. Check out Elk Grove for your issue. Please make a complaint with that dealer through Department of Consumer Affairs.
    Surely you wouldn't take it to a government body before you found out Can Am's take on the issue, ussoldier? It could possibly be resolved with a single phone call from Can Am to the dealer. It may not of course, but to jump down a government rat hole before you have taken at least some basic correctional steps won't do anyone any favours.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Surely you wouldn't take it to a government body before you found out Can Am's take on the issue, ussoldier? It could possibly be resolved with a single phone call from Can Am to the dealer. It may not of course, but to jump down a government rat hole before you have taken at least some basic correctional steps won't do anyone any favours.

Even if can am got got them to work on it, would you really want them too after this? Not me!!! There is no telling what they would half do in order to get done. It could compromise safety and reliability in the end. I would make a complaint and find another dealer.

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Service sells

It is very unfortunate that such things happen, but they do in many industries. Service after the sale should always be considered, though we all have difficulty determining this unless we speak with other locals.

Johnny K's has two stores in Ohio, they offer good inventory and outstanding service but one store is 50 miles from me and the other is 60. BRP took on another dealer in my city, they sell most everything but HD. Their prices are lower the Johnny K but thier service is just plain awful. It took them 3.5 weeks to do a 15k mile service last spring, and since then others have told me that they refuse to service anything more than 5 years old, even if they sold it. They claim that if it is that old you need to buy new.

i will not be buying or servicing them in the future.

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Spyder Garage

Default steve

I do not know , but is your cycle brand new ? or are you 2nd hand owner ? and is the cycle shop where you purchased this , do they sell can-am motorcycles and other cycles also ? the 2012 I bought was from a cycle shop other side of the area of where I am now , they would do a warranty but at a crazy price , so we chose not too go that route , but this cycle shop most likely did not have a spyder technician on site either I am willing too bet ! do not get me wrong , I did have a problem that I fixed my self , so I was a bit put off on the cycle , until I got into it and got familiar with it , really like the ride now ! now that it is cold and winter time ... so this was the reason I asked about the 1st or 2nd owner question !

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Av8er View Post
    Even if can am got got them to work on it, would you really want them too after this? Not me!!! There is no telling what they would half do in order to get done. It could compromise safety and reliability in the end. I would make a complaint and find another dealer.
    Current: "Scarlett", 2017 Can Am F3-T, SE6, Intense Red Pearl.
    BRP heated grips, DIY brake light strip and turn signal strips, Chrome/LED brake light tag frame, SpyderPops bumpskid, Baja Ron swaybar and billet links, Lamonster Third Peg, BRP Adjustable Passenger Backrest, SpyderPops Missing Belt Guard, ShowChrome oversize brake pedal, TricLED foglights.

Previous: "Synthia", 2014 Can Am Spyder RT, SM6, Pearl White.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Av8er View Post
    Whether you would CHOOSE to use them after an investigation is a totally different scenario, Av8er. It may simply be a misunderstanding on what charging model is applied, or it may be an ingrained poor attitude at the dealer, in which case I would definitely go somewhere else. Give Can Am a chance to resolve it first, is all I am saying.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Some of you know me or at least have read my post about my experience with Temecula Motor Sports. While they haven't always seen it my way, the owner Jerry has always listened to my remarks and made an effort to assist me. Jerry is a hands on owners I urge you to call and speak with him. Jerry sponsors our Star touring chapter and just allowed us to use his dealership to launch a memorial ride for the Spyder riders of America - San Diego chapter.
    I have voiced my concerns over his service manager before and Jerry worked out a solution there as well. If you give him a chance to help you, he may just surprise you with a workable solution.
    I hope the statement about "no Spyder tech" was meant as not on duty, not that there wasn't any employed there, my F3-S is due for a service soon.
    If i can be of any assistance please let me know, I only live 7 miles away from TMS.
    Darren
    Last edited by Retired 2012; 12-04-2016 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Spelling
    2015 F3-S Pearl White SM6 with a 7 Jurock custom windshield, Smooth-Spyder backrest, Shad saddle bags, RT sway bar, Elka stage 2 shocks in front and stage 2 with hyd. adjuster in the rear. Lamonster's LED fog lights, TricLed headlights, TricLed Safety LED package.
    2015 F3S , Black & White

Spyder Garage

BRP is a good start to begin with; however, notifying Department of Consumer Affairs and National Highway Traffic Safety Administration NHTSA http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/SearchSafetyIssues can help people nationwide for being duped or let consumers be aware of the products.. I have a few friends and family members who worked there.

Plus, if you did contact BRP. Do you really think you want to go to Temecula motorsports to do your service? They may do half fast job or they would probably make some additional errors. Here is an example: If you go to McDonalds, and you bought a hamburger. You notice there is a bug in your hamburger. So you notified the manager to get a new hamburger. Don't you have the feeling the person who is making the hamburger will spit it on? lol I am just saying.

As for the mean time, fix your radio and let us know what dealer provide a good service. They say Whittier or Bert's Mega Mall is good. Here is a link for you to check out in the Southern California: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?81366-Reputable-dealers-in-southern-California-seeing-horror-stories-on-Yelp&highlight=Grove

Last edited by ussoldier; 12-03-2016 at 02:19 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default responce to #14`

I have dealt with both Johnny K's and Harding Park cycle in Canton. I left Johnny K's when I couldn't get good service there. An example was waiting 3 weeks to have a headlight put in when they were taking their mechanics out of service to train for countless hours on another franchise. Keep in mind I bought my bike there and I still couldn't get the service. This dealership is 11 miles from my house. When HP got a can am dealership at the beginning of the year I moved my service there. I have had 2 warrenty issues, and oil change and a major service done there to great satisfaction with price and workmanship. Two of my friends have also transferred their service work to hp and both are satisfied with both the work and savings. I am sure that there were hiccups when they first started servicing these vehicles but their work is good, the price is right and it worth traveling the additional 34 miles to be treated with respect.

Active Member Lone Spyder Ryder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Biggest mistake I ever made

Buying fromTemecula MotorSports is one of the worst thing I have ever done when buying my 3rd Spyder. They just suck.
    When you change the way to look at things,
    the things you look at change!
    Dr.Wayne Dyer

Active Member Lone Spyder Ryder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Biggest mistake I ever made

Buying fromTemecula MotorSports is one of the worst thing I have ever done when buying my 3rd Spyder.
    When you change the way to look at things,
    the things you look at change!
    Dr.Wayne Dyer

Spyder Garage

Vey's Powersports in El Cajon, CA (San Diego east county) has a BRP master mechanic, Kevin.
    Also, North County House of Motorcycles in Vista, CA (San Diego north county) also has a Spyder mechanic.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Finally Fixed

After being refused Warranty work at Malcolm Smith Motorsports in Riverside, Ca. And Temecula Motorsports with no real Spyder mechanic available, I was left with no other choice but to attempt to just pay for my 2016 F3 LMTD to get fixed by someone that knows what they are doing with the Spyder. Since I had Clearly stated to Malcolm Smith that my stereo problem was PRIOR to any install of LED (Lamonster) fog and headlights, I was very unhappy with BRP and their refusal to even try to help me.
    Alas I reverted to Lou at Pirate Motorsports, Riverside, Ca. and asked for help. As per normal with Lou, he gave me a bill stating the following:
    Checked speakers for proper ground. Found poor connection on speakers. Repaired bad connections. FM Stereo and MP3 checked all ops normal.
    My bike left Pirate Motorsports with my Stereo problem fixed, belt tension checked, tires checked, cleaned and he bought me lunch!
    Thus The so called "tech" at Malcolm Smith was Completly Wrong in refusing Warranty work. Even after I Told him the problem was Pre-LED light install!
    We need BRP to get folks who actually know the Spyder to be Service Centers, and dump the anti-customer service dealers who know little and make it a hassle to own a Spyder.

Thanks Pirate Motorsports for making it nice to own a Spyder👍

Spyder Garage

Cool There Are No Mechanics For Spyders

I too have had the same problem when it comes to service for my 2015 F3. I am approaching the 10,00 mile mark. And had service at the dealer at 9500. Althought having the extened warrenty and all. I still walked out having to drop 200.00 dollars. I like the F3, But I am going to sell it and go back to Harley Davidson Tri-Glide. At least there are dealerships all over Southern Califorina where you can get service. And owing Harleys in the past. They have stood behind there product. BRP is all about making money. That's their goal. Whittier Motorsports has been good so far. But there hands are tied when it comes to items BRP will not cover.

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder RT service

Here in Myrtle Beach, SC the dealer has one trained Spyder mechanic. They will not make appointments so I have been without my RT for as long as 10 days, for nothing major. I've been in there enough that now they usually fit me in as soon as they can. They say they appreciate that I don't come in ranting like most. The service is good once they get to it but very frustrating having to be without my RT. Especially since I don't own a car (my wife does) and it is my primary transportation.

Spyder Garage

No soup 4 you!!!
    2019 Rally , Black