Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Young View Post
    Well I never dreamed the service availability was so non-existent in the heavily populated Los Angeles basin. BRP recommended I try Malcom Smith Motorsports...They at least gave me an appointment 10 days out. They are some 150 miles away, making it a real all day ordeal to have a second person follow and drive me home, plus take me back to pick it up. Had I ever thought this was going to be the drill, I would never have considered the Spyder. When my riding buddy told me the local Harley dealer will pick up your bike via trailer for service, It makes me think...
    There are other dealers - http://can-am.brp.com/content/canam-...oARiECr1D8cEgc

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    As Lou says, I imagine BRP would be, at the very least, "interested" to hear that one of their retailers is refusing to honour warranty items......for WHATEVER reason.

Pete

You need to send an email to BRP....they need to know what bad service some of these Dealers provide. It makes the entire product experience feel bad.
    Craig From Albany Oregon

Spyder Garage

Well I never dreamed the service availability was so non-existent in the heavily populated Los Angeles basin. BRP recommended I try Malcom Smith Motorsports...They at least gave me an appointment 10 days out. They are some 150 miles away, making it a real all day ordeal to have a second person follow and drive me home, plus take me back to pick it up. Had I ever thought this was going to be the drill, I would never have considered the Spyder. When my riding buddy told me the local Harley dealer will pick up your bike via trailer for service, It makes me think...
    see if they can offer you a loaner! brp can afford to pay for it! let them know how disappointed you're!

Spyder Garage

I went 140 miles in beginning until I found great service nearby.
    However even the great service was slammed on google & other avenues.

HD tended to treat me well for years---but not that many years ago not so good.

I wanted the Spyder, not looking around for reason to get out.

HD btw had lots of issues ignored by dealers & headquarters also.
    But I loved my ride

I love R&R put another dime in the jukebox baby!

Active Member Lone Spyder Ryder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Biggest mistake I ever made

Buying fromTemecula MotorSports is one of the worst thing I have ever done when buying my 3rd Spyder. They just suck.
    When you change the way to look at things,
    the things you look at change!
    Dr.Wayne Dyer

Active Member Lone Spyder Ryder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Biggest mistake I ever made

Buying fromTemecula MotorSports is one of the worst thing I have ever done when buying my 3rd Spyder.
    When you change the way to look at things,
    the things you look at change!
    Dr.Wayne Dyer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Av8er View Post
    Even if can am got got them to work on it, would you really want them too after this? Not me!!! There is no telling what they would half do in order to get done. It could compromise safety and reliability in the end. I would make a complaint and find another dealer.
    Whether you would CHOOSE to use them after an investigation is a totally different scenario, Av8er. It may simply be a misunderstanding on what charging model is applied, or it may be an ingrained poor attitude at the dealer, in which case I would definitely go somewhere else. Give Can Am a chance to resolve it first, is all I am saying.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Some of you know me or at least have read my post about my experience with Temecula Motor Sports. While they haven't always seen it my way, the owner Jerry has always listened to my remarks and made an effort to assist me. Jerry is a hands on owners I urge you to call and speak with him. Jerry sponsors our Star touring chapter and just allowed us to use his dealership to launch a memorial ride for the Spyder riders of America - San Diego chapter.
    I have voiced my concerns over his service manager before and Jerry worked out a solution there as well. If you give him a chance to help you, he may just surprise you with a workable solution.
    I hope the statement about "no Spyder tech" was meant as not on duty, not that there wasn't any employed there, my F3-S is due for a service soon.
    If i can be of any assistance please let me know, I only live 7 miles away from TMS.
    Darren
    Last edited by Retired 2012; 12-04-2016 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Spelling
    2015 F3-S Pearl White SM6 with a 7 Jurock custom windshield, Smooth-Spyder backrest, Shad saddle bags, RT sway bar, Elka stage 2 shocks in front and stage 2 with hyd. adjuster in the rear. Lamonster's LED fog lights, TricLed headlights, TricLed Safety LED package.
    2015 F3S , Black & White

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Retired 2012 View Post
    Some of you know me or at least have read my post about my experience with Temecula Motor Sports. While they haven't always seen it my way, the owner Jerry has always listened to my remarks and made an effort to assist me. Jerry is a hands on owners I urge you to call and speak with him. Jerry sponsors our Star touring chapter and just allowed us to use his dealership to launch a memorial ride for the Spyder riders of America - San Diego chapter.
    I have voiced my concerns over his service manager before and Jerry worked out a solution there as well. If you give him a chance to help you, he may just surprise you with a workable solution.
    I hope the statement about "no Spyder tech" was meant as not on duty, not that there wasn't any employed there, my F3-S is due for a service soon.
    If i can be of any assistance please let me know, I only live 7 miles away from TMS.
    Darren
    For the record, "No Spyder Tech" means NONE. I was told the Only Spyder Tech Quit. Again the reason was, " BRP does not pay well enough when doing Warranty work and the Spyder is complicated with computers and all- where the tech may take 3 hours to do a job, but BRP will only pay him 1 hour". I was told they are looking to get a replacement Spyder Tech., but for now they Do Not have one.

Update: 12/4/ Bill Haus -Service Manager called out of the blue- I had Not called him. He said they do not have a specific Spyder Tech., but can address my radio problems and to now bring it in. I asked if they had a person that knew what they were doing with the Spyder, and he said they had people that worked on them before, but could Not handle anything Major like big engine problems.
    Last edited by Steven Young; 12-04-2016 at 06:47 PM.

Spyder Garage

Really getting frustrated with trying to get service on my 2016 F3 LTD. Just called Temecula Motorsports (Southern CA. LA area) where I bought the thing. NO BRP Spyder Tech available was the response. My radio is not working and I wanted some basic service. The service manager told me that nobody wants to do warranty work on the Spyder, since they may take 3 hours to fix something, and BRP only pays 1 hour. The warranty and extended warranty by BRP are therefore Useless! Regretfully owning this thing is becoming a pain. Too bad, because I really liked it until any maintenance came due.
    I have had 4 spyders and service has been a real problem. when I bought my last one I asked the dealer some very pointed questions. I asked them if they had a mechanic who would take of it. I also talked to the mechanic. I used them to replace a tire on my previous tire and they are excellent. I will pay more at a dealership for a new spyder if the assure me they will and can service it. my dealer is Ollies out of Alexandria, mn

Spyder Garage

Default Bad and sad---

I will say stuff like this story will do more harm then good. I just wanted to say that there are dealers closer to where I live but I don't use them. One is similar to to this story, they sell them but not too keen on servicing. When you find a blessing keep using them even if it is far away. I drive 3 hours to go to my dealer, it's worth it. We make a day of it, and if it can't be done in a day, well, we try to stay overnight but so far have only had to do that once and that was with our old 2012 RTS and Brp OVERNIGHTED a part and it got put on the very next morning and we were on our way home again. Hang in there---there has got to be a better dealer out there near you. Like others commented though, I'd sure let BRP know so they can make some hopefully good corporate decisions to keep their product and name out there.
    2015 RT-Limited SE6-TricLED Fender LED's (Red and Amber), 3rd LED Brake Light/Tail Light, ISCI Handbrake with black small hands handle,Spyderpops Rock Guard. ,Can-Am Adjustable Wing Vents, Bumpskid, Bajaron's Sway-Bar with metal Heim Joints. Elkas Stage 2 Plus., TricLED Wide-VU Mirrors, TricLED Jumper Port, Laser Aligned!

Spyder Garage

Default Dealer quick list

Not to hijack thread but hope this will help others & if you can offer any additional info please pm me.
    So FYI here is. A quick list I've compiled:

👍👎 dealers quick list of comments stated already this year

👎Fun bike center Mesa AZ:
    👍Veys powersports
    El Cajon AZ: By same person with tire problem.

👍Birds of prey Caldwell IA:
    Towing assistance for someone with key/DESS problem

👍Sierra cycles Sierra Vista AZ:
    Someone with damaged low tire got a helping hand, loner bike & repair wrk.

👍 Motorsports inc
    Hanover PA: somebody had multiple issues p-brake & windshield & were instructed how to move spyder by helpful dealer (communicated tie dow instructions to tow truck over phone)

👍 Ride Now Chandler AZ: someone glad with fast service.

👍RideNow in Chandler, AZ:
    Someone that had previous bad experience with sales dept had a great report for the service dept

👍Arctic adventures Rosendale NY: Recommended by someone to another having dealer trust issues

👍Rivco had express delivery complications (not sure where fault was)& the refunded & made sure customer was satisfied

👎Maxium Powersports Merrillville, IN : service dept failure to communicate times of repair person left w/o bike & no information for a week.

👍Baja Ron for service & parts all around
    👍Spyderpops for service & parts all around
    ⚡️👍Lamonster all around

Corbin
    👍good looking stuff
    👎long wait on orders
    👎multiple complaints of service when there is a question on paid for expensive parts.
    👎for warranty issues when bought with dealer assistance

👍
    Lou the guy who owns Pirate Motorsports on Center St in Riverside CA:
    He has customers bringing their bikes from 150 miles away--just for an oil change (really)!

👍Vey's Powersports in El Cajon in San Diego CA: reports of fast service & good price from someone had parts already.

👍CASWELL CYCLE Mora, MN: Group on tour had good reports for service dept

👍Eddie Chance aka WildTexasRanger with Little Loyd's Engine Repair in Palestine, Tx:
    Eddie has a satellite garage in Shreveport, LA.

👎Mancuso's Houston TX: Bad service request , leave bike for a simple mirror repair, not, just fix & go

Person had hot gas tank & spewing gas,
    👎pikes peak Motorsports Colo. springs, CO: was no help & dismissive of the problem
    👍RPM Motorsports Littleton Littleton, CO: was helpful same bike

👍Elk Grove Powersports. North CA: general compliment of timely service wrk

👍 Pro Caliber PowerSports Bend, OR: person was out on trip had mishap with transmission & was towed & fixed quickly

👍Alcoa Good Times Knoxville, TN : report if fast service

👍GSS Powersports in East Haven, CT.: fast second opinion & repairs for a desperate owner looking for better dealer. Found & fixed number of problems in time for an event, previous dealer failed & may be source of some of the problems found.

👍ELK GROVE POWERSPORTS, CA:
    Report for fast friendly service just in time for Nor Cal rally

👍 Johnny K's in Warren, Ohio and especially in Lodi, Ohio. Great service, sales and all around customer support.

👎 to Hardings Park Cycle in Canton, Ohio. They try to charge for warranty work, believe unmolicious, they don't know what was covered, and it took them over three weeks to do a service

👎Temecula Motorsports (Southern CA. LA area) NO BRP Spyder Tech available was the response. wanted some basic service. ⚠️

👍Central Florida Power Sports, Kissimmee, FL. Happy customer reports with yrs of good service.

Thats what I have for now. Pm me if you can help add to it

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'd like to add:
    Klinger PowerSports, in Walton, NY
    They've got Technicians that have been BRP trained, and they've always done right by me and my bikes!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Fascinating thread. I have to wonder why BRP would put up with dealers like those mentioned unless BRP doesn't care as long as they move product. Not a good way to instill confidence in the product to future customers in my opinion.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Mac View Post
    Fascinating thread. I have to wonder why BRP would put up with dealers like those mentioned unless BRP doesn't care as long as they move product. Not a good way to instill confidence in the product to future customers in my opinion.
    Also makes us wonder why we do not hear from BRP here more often? They & almost every other business will jump on FB in a heartbeat but are few & far between with any comments on this dedicated forum

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default You have to remember

Harley's are used to riding on trailers!IMG_0125.jpg
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Spyder Ryder View Post
    Buying fromTemecula MotorSports is one of the worst thing I have ever done when buying my 3rd Spyder.
    Especially when you have a great dealer in your own backyard!!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Jet World Powersports in Castaic has a very good reputation and is a Platinum dealer. It appears to be not all that far from you.
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6

Spyder Garage

Default Mission Motorsports, Irvine CA

I have a 2013 ST and have all my service done at Mission Motorsports. They have an excellent Spyder Tech. They are only 10 miles from where I live.

Dennis
    2013 ST , Black

Spyder Garage

Vey's Powersports in El Cajon, CA (San Diego east county) has a BRP master mechanic, Kevin.
    Also, North County House of Motorcycles in Vista, CA (San Diego north county) also has a Spyder mechanic.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Angry Lou Help !

Well just for kicks I tried Malcolm Smith Motorsports in Riverside. They refused to do warranty work on my bike. They would Not let me talk to the Spyder Tech. They claimed since I put the LaMonster LED head lights and fog lights in, and also had a cig lighter connected to the aux user circut that it was Not a BRP approved install and therefore they would not help me with the radio. I stressed to them the radio had gone bad BEFORE any Led light or cig lighter install and also to just turn the key on and off while holding the Mode button so No LED lights were powered and Only the radio was powered. No Deal! So NO WARRANTY if you install aftermarket LED Lights! I gave Lou at Pirate a call, and he is going to try and help me where the Dealers will Not. But to be honest, My patience and desire to own this machine has regretfully ended. The dealers wiggle out of any warranty work and I'm fed up with CanAm and BRP junk! I'll hope Lou can help me, and if not- Look for a fair priced 2016 F3 Black LMTD to be available.

Spyder Garage

... So NO WARRANTY if you install aftermarket LED Lights! ...
    Look up the Moss Magnuson Act. They cannot deny warranty just because you installed LED lights. They have to be able to prove that a modification was the cause of the issue. You may want to check to see if your state has any kind of consumer rights office.

Clifford Fargason
    2013 Spyder RTL
    2007 Royal Star Venture

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Ghost View Post
    Look up the Moss Magnuson Act. They cannot deny warranty just because you installed LED lights. They have to be able to prove that a modification was the cause of the issue. You may want to check to see if your state has any kind of consumer rights office.
    The only problem with that is that if you get them to effect the warranty by quoting he act, and they find that the issue WAS caused by the installation of the LEDs, then YOU will be up for the cost.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    The only problem with that is that if you get them to effect the warranty by quoting he act, and they find that the issue WAS caused by the installation of the LEDs, then YOU will be up for the cost.
    That is kind of obvious, but the point is that they can't say that until they prove it.

Installing LED lights can't damage a radio.
    Jim

2013 ST-S (wife's)
    2015 BMW R1200GS (mine)
    1981 Yamaha XS400 Scrambler Custom (mine)

Spyder Garage

Well just for kicks I tried Malcolm Smith Motorsports in Riverside. They refused to do warranty work on my bike. They would Not let me talk to the Spyder Tech. They claimed since I put the LaMonster LED head lights and fog lights in, and also had a cig lighter connected to the aux user circut that it was Not a BRP approved install and therefore they would not help me with the radio. I stressed to them the radio had gone bad BEFORE any Led light or cig lighter install and also to just turn the key on and off while holding the Mode button so No LED lights were powered and Only the radio was powered. No Deal! So NO WARRANTY if you install aftermarket LED Lights! I gave Lou at Pirate a call, and he is going to try and help me where the Dealers will Not. But to be honest, My patience and desire to own this machine has regretfully ended. The dealers wiggle out of any warranty work and I'm fed up with CanAm and BRP junk! I'll hope Lou can help me, and if not- Look for a fair priced 2016 F3 Black LMTD to be available.
    Did you install the LEDs and power adapter yourself?

It may be a bummer to remove, but remove them and then have the radio sorted out.

Shawn Smoake posted a video a long while back on his blog. Owner installed accessories, created a nightmare of electrical problems on a machine. Basically I think it came down to poor workmanship by the installer.

Some shops do not want to deal with contending with customers in regards to if they do find issues or concerns with poor quality installations. Also, it has been posted many times here, one of the first things BRP will have the dealer accomplish is totally disconnecting the accessories to verify the problem. BRP does not pay for this, and I would guess the dealer does not want to fight for their money.

Remove the LEDS and power plug, then take it back in.

I agree with the law saying the installed items must be proven to have caused the failure, the LEDs and power port most likely did not cause the issue, but the entire thing revolves around money and who is paying for the troubleshooting work.

Lou being independent will be easier to work with, however, I doubt he will accomplish the work for free.