Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hillrad View Post
    Just installed the Honda Y gaskets at 11K. During 30 mile test run, estimate heat on right leg reduced 50%. Refused to believe gaskets could be gone beginning at 5K miles. Right gasket had entire piece, about the size of one pipe tab, missing and left gasket was complete but about half worn out. Those OEM gaskets must cost BRP 10 cents a pair.
    The BRP gaskets are crap. I installed Honda gaskets at 17k, the right OEM was mostly gone, the left one not as bad. I have over 40k on the new ones and no heat problems yet.

Wish more people understood what an easy fix it is...

I also have all Spyderpops heat management add ons too.
    Last edited by Yazz; 07-15-2017 at 11:11 AM. Reason: more info...
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome from Texas

1. Make certain GS/RS model suits your riding style. My wife bought one, I'm now making changes that equate to an ST conversion. Handlebars, foot controls, windshield, saddle bags.
    2. Heat is an issue. I've installed additional insulation under body panels. Removed under side panels, installed Spyderpop management system & added 2010 side pod fillers. Original complaint was on the left knee, now right foot.
    3. Check mfg date of the tires. Our 2009 was assembled in Oct 2008, with tires manufacted in March 2008. I immediately replaced them, as I've had bad experience with old tires. They harden, get flat spots from lack of use. Poor traction, vibration are problems we faced. Now it's smooth.