Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OverHillAndDale View Post
    Just cancelled my previous order and re-ordered the part from PitBull. They had 30+ in stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just called them and one on is way.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Humphreys View Post
    Just talked to Pitbull Powersports at 418-863-1418 and they still have several of the BRP kits available.
    Ok call me a moron, I went to the Pit Bull Powersports site, typed in 219800412 into the search window, 219800412 not found, went to oem parts search, selected CAN-AM (Bombardier) no model number and went to the part number window and typed 219800412. Still not found.

???????

Can someone give a direct link to the exact page I can order from? Please?

I think the area code is 417 not 418.
    2018 White F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TheCajun1957 View Post
    Ok call me a moron, I went to the Pit Bull Powersports site, typed in 219800412 into the search window, 219800412 not found, went to oem parts search, selected CAN-AM (Bombardier) no model number and went to the part number window and typed 219800412. Still not found.

???????

Can someone give a direct link to the exact page I can order from? Please?

I think the area code is 417 not 418.

He told me they removed the part from online ordering. So give pitbull a call. I did and he is sending me one.
    Last edited by Papahoosh; 12-28-2016 at 07:47 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Biggdogg22 View Post
    Just ordered mine tonight. I got the Idler from Florida Power Sports via Amazon and the bracket and bolt kit from Doc Humphrey. Hope I get them before the end of the year 2016.

Reggie
    Received both parts today 12/28/2016. I will install Saturday or Sunday.

Spyder Garage

On the way !!

Got em!!! 1/2/2017
    Last edited by TheCajun1957; 01-02-2017 at 08:58 PM.
    2018 White F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

I installed mine on Friday. Too much rain to go for a ride, though.
    The installation video is a must-see. The actual installation is a breeze, but the video shows the way the parts go together.
    Myron Wooley

USMC 1975 - 1979

2nd Spyder: Pearl White 2016 Spyder RT Limited, purchased December 18, 2016 with 1 mile
    First Spyder: Pearl White 2012 Spyder RT Limited, gone to a good home

Spyder Garage

Default Installed mine - 2012 RT SE5

STill cold here in Indiana, good time to install the Doc Humphries belt tensioner. It was easy. View the video.
    I am not comfortable working on the bike, but every time I do, I feel better and better.
    Can't wait for warm weather to try out.

Spyder Garage

Default I'm pleased with it!

I rode my Spyder into work this morning and forgot to check how well the new tensioner is working! It must be working well, 'cuz I hit 75 mph and it was not vibrating at all!I
    Myron Wooley

USMC 1975 - 1979

2nd Spyder: Pearl White 2016 Spyder RT Limited, purchased December 18, 2016 with 1 mile
    First Spyder: Pearl White 2012 Spyder RT Limited, gone to a good home

Spyder Garage

Default Getting harder to find

Tried to get the idler pulley from Amazon - NLA.
    Tried to get it from local dealer - NLA (backorder until...?).
    Tried online search - NLA. (found some suppliers, but part not in stock)

Called PIT BULL. Yea! Available! Ordered it today and it's on the way. $49.99 shipped to anywhere USA to arrive in 2 to 3 days. They said mine was the 5th one going out the door today. They still have some left - better hurry!
    2011 RT-S , Silver

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Thanks, Doc!

Having installed mine at the beginning of the week: today was the chance I needed to break the bike out of storage, and give it a try!
    It performed BETTER than my wildest expectations!
    I used to have buzz from 75 to 77 mph, and then a hard buzz from 81 to 84 mph...
    That is ALL GONE!
    And the bike even feels smoother around Town; at more safe and sane speeds too!

Winner, winner: Chicken Dinner!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thanks, Bob! Everyone is saying that they cannot believe the difference. I installed a kit #3 on a 2012 RT yesterday and the ryder was very, very happy. Said it removed 80-90 % of his total vibration. He also didn't notice the little buzz from the outer ribbed belt.

Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Finally got mine today from the post office here in the U.K. Due to customs & the import tax required before they can release it
    i have already have the BRP one with Doc's adapter plate fitted to my RT
    So pleased with it, I decided, I wanted to upgrade to the new one Doc has done because I have no intention of changing my 2015 SE6 RT for some time

As usual with all his products it is excellemt quality
    I have polished the arm, Only shame is that it will be hidden under all that tupperware
    Thanks Doc - Just looking for you next RT upgrade
    Eddie Sheppard
    Poole Dorset UK

Get a Spyder - See the World

Spyder Garage

Default Confused I am

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Once us RT owners found out that they could be adapted to our bikes; BRP was never going to be able to keep up with the demand...
    I traded away my 2011 for a 2017 and trying to relate to this post if I correctly understand it the RT does not have this device but it was used on others in the brand. So this is a new adaptation for Rt owners, am I right? Thanks for setting me straight either way.
    Loving the RYDE

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bzbaeren View Post
    I traded away my 2011 for a 2017 and trying to relate to this post if I correctly understand it the RT does not have this device but it was used on others in the brand. So this is a new adaptation for Rt owners, am I right? Thanks for setting me straight either way.
    It is a rather long and convoluted story that has been adapted and changed multiple times.

I started by installing the F3 idler on my 2017 F3S Daytona. I got to thinking about it and wondered if it could be adapted to our 2014 RT. I did some tests and finally came up with a prototype and gave it a try using the BRP kit. I couldn't believe the lack of vibration on the RT. In fact, having both the F3 and RT I could tell that the F3 idler actually worked better on the RT than the F3. I was concerned about clearance of the gas tank and the tensioner (which was the reason BRP did not would not use it on the RT. By removing all the air out of the airbag, and with the tupperwear off, I simulated a complete rear suspension failure and with the tire setting on the inner fender, we still had 3/4" of play from the pulley to the tank.
    I then started to work on a vibration damper that would be more durable that the idler kit for the F3. We have finally got it dialed in with a total of 5 different kits and the original adaptor kit. This works for any aspect that someone wishes to do. Most everyone has this link already, but I will post it for those just getting up to speed.
    In everything we do at Roadster renovations, we have tried to use the best quality items available so that everything we make makes our bykes perform better and work better than original.
    Here's the link: http://dochumphreys.wixsite.com/road...amper-products

Spyder Garage

It is a rather long and convoluted story that has been adapted and changed multiple times.

I started by installing the F3 idler on my 2017 F3S Daytona. I got to thinking about it and wondered if it could be adapted to our 2014 RT. I did some tests and finally came up with a prototype and gave it a try using the BRP kit. I couldn't believe the lack of vibration on the RT. In fact, having both the F3 and RT I could tell that the F3 idler actually worked better on the RT than the F3. I was concerned about clearance of the gas tank and the tensioner (which was the reason BRP did not would not use it on the RT. By removing all the air out of the airbag, and with the tupperwear off, I simulated a complete rear suspension failure and with the tire setting on the inner fender, we still had 3/4" of play from the pulley to the tank.
    I then started to work on a vibration damper that would be more durable that the idler kit for the F3. We have finally got it dialed in with a total of 5 different kits and the original adaptor kit. This works for any aspect that someone wishes to do. Most everyone has this link already, but I will post it for those just getting up to speed.
    In everything we do at Roadster renovations, we have tried to use the best quality items available so that everything we make makes our bykes perform better and work better than original.
    Here's the link: http://dochumphreys.wixsite.com/road...amper-products
    Doc that link only had 2 not 5

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
    14 RT-S , Stock Large brake pedal White Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NM Wrench View Post
    Doc that link only had 2 not 5

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
    Can't use a smart phone. Sorry. Big 'puter works fine.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Can't use a smart phone. Sorry. Big 'puter works fine.
    Hey Doc!

If you need one: I've got a spare "Smart-Enough" phone that you can use!

maxresdefault.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Hey Doc!

If you need one: I've got a spare "Smart-Enough" phone that you can use!

maxresdefault.jpg
    What I need is to figure out how to display the site on the smartphone. I will eventually call the site people and hopefully they will figure it out.

Very Active Member OverHillAndDale's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Installed mine about a month ago. Took a ride a couple of days later, forgetting that I'd installed it and it didn't cross my mind until I got back. The fact that I forgot about the mod is the best advertising I can supply in that I normally would grind my teeth between 62-75 depending on the grade.

This fix is a LOT cheaper than dental work!
    2020- RT Limited
    Chalk White, Can-Am rear passenger armrests, Comfort Seat, Grip puppies, RAM Cup Holders, Providence RAM Mount
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Aluma MCTXL trailer
    BRP hitch
    Big Bike Parts wiring harness
    Permanent Smile!!!

Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Doc's upgraded RT Belt Vibration Kit

Fitted my upgraded one from Doc for my RT

i managed to remove the BRP one by taking it off Doc's RT adapter plate (leaving the adapter plate in place) so only the 2 bolts to remove
    I found it was easier to fit the new one on - do the bolts up enough to hold it to the adapter plate then connect the spring through the arm and then tighten the bolt once I was happy with the alignment

Because the arm is fitted below the adapter plate and it is metal to metal I decided to put some rubber to help add a dampening effect from the arm to the adapter plate
    The rubber is only 2mm thick and does not effect the clearance between the arm and frame

IMG_0722.jpgIMG_0723.jpg

Only went for a test ride but I could not detect any vibration in fact it is even better than the BRP one it replaced
    Last edited by eddieshep999; 02-25-2017 at 05:10 PM.
    Eddie Sheppard
    Poole Dorset UK

Get a Spyder - See the World

Spyder Garage

Is it going to do any harm not "fixing" the vibration? I went on my longest ride on the interstate the other day while I found it annoying when it did happen it I usually just had to slow down or speed up to make it go away...mind you I didn't even know this was actually known issue until today when I happened to see a thread on the vibration issue. I was going to call my dealer and ask about it. I think that since I was able to kind of work around it I'd just let it go...but if it's going to cause issues letting it vibrate I want to fix/remedy the issue.
    Also...will the fix cause any premature wear on the belt or any other unwanted side effects?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Not at all...
    I used to use the vibration as an indication that I was starting to speed up a bit...
    (My 2010 RT would start buzzing at 75mph...)
    So I'd just drop back down a bit, and be happy!
    My 2014 started buzzing at speeds that I normally do not see...
    But I was curious about what these vibration dampers would do, so I pulled the trigger! Gunner 5.gif
    I'm glad that I did, but the bike also ran fine without it!

Spyder Garage

Doc, I had your tensioner installed on my 2013 RT LTD - picked it up from the dealer on 28 April and had a 65 mile ride home to check it out. Yesterday, I rode with the Maryland Spyder Web, and got to give it a real workout - I have to ride 65 miles, each direction, to and from the meetup location, mostly on highways. I was running between 55 and 80 MPH and never had any perceptible belt vibration at any speed. It works great. I'm a believer!

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

Best thing i ever put on my bike the dampner what a difference

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The best thing that I ever put on MY bike...

...is me!