Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

The F3-S in question that I started the thread with is about 3hrs away from my house. Pretty much anything the sales person says could be a hook to get me up there to see the bike? However, he sounded honest and told me the trike was owned by a Can-Am mechanic and all services were done? Judging by the pics it has been left outside for a while. The tires look like they could ride another 6 thousand miles

To be honest I took a hit on my Honda when I traded it for a shiny new Ducati and now the duc will take an even bigger hit if I buy a new F3. I renegotiated some of the bs fees with one of the dealers but we're still $2500 apart to make a deal. He was honest and told me the manuals sit twice as long as the autos. I see few ducs riding in the streets of South Florida and practically zero Spyders. I've seen only two RS' in the five years I've been riding and I have yet to see a F3 in the street anywhere in the Tri-County where I live.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Corsacreek View Post
    The F3-S in question that I started the thread with is about 3hrs away from my house. Pretty much anything the sales person says could be a hook to get me up there to see the bike? However, he sounded honest and told me the trike was owned by a Can-Am mechanic and all services were done? Judging by the pics it has been left outside for a while. The tires look like they could ride another 6 thousand miles

To be honest I took a hit on my Honda when I traded it for a shiny new Ducati and now the duc will take an even bigger hit if I buy a new F3. I renegotiated some of the bs fees with one of the dealers but we're still $2500 apart to make a deal. He was honest and told me the manuals sit twice as long as the autos. I see few ducs riding in the streets of South Florida and practically zero Spyders. I've seen only two RS' in the five years I've been riding and I have yet to see a F3 in the street anywhere in the Tri-County where I live.
    I think you have learned to Back Off and Take your time and research everything and every possibility to the furthest extent possible? The F3 losses value MUCH more than the RT- And especially if its a Manual because people today want "instant Gratification" Or a SE5 or SE6????

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

i live in Central Florida and i agree 100% on the Florida dealerships(stealerships?)
    i dont buy local...
    i bought my F3S-SE for $15,299.00.
    found it on cycle trader in Oklahoma...dealer fee was $140.00...shipping was $645.00 to my door.
    i paid the tax here in Florida.
    $17,155.00 when all was said and done.
    my local dealership was at $23,000.00,no brainer.
    2015 F3S
    2022 Suzuki Hayabusa
    2022 Kawaski KLX300

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    My 2015 F3 (not S), Manual was
    775 parts & labor (cruise control, heated grips, front auxiliary Led)
    600 freight/prep
    85 office fees

777 tax
    16737 total
    Take off 821 for the extra parts and sales tax on those parts and it comes to:
    15,915 out the door.
    Shop around. You can do better than what they're quoting you.
    Also, I ended up trading in my 2012 RT on this purchase.... otherwise maybe they would have gone a bit lower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Your input is invaluable and thank goodness we can share it here among other things.

Out of state is def the way to go here in Florida, the problem for me is I have a relatively new bike with low miles that's still under warranty for the next 2 years. The local small bike dealers here want to buy your bike at wholesale and re-sell it near retail. The bigger dealers will not give you trade-in value for your bike and they jack up fees to whatever they want. Florida is the state with the highest dealer fees with a no cap rule. Dealer fees in the $1000 to $1200 is common in conjunction with $399 to $599 pre/doc fees.

One salesperson had the gall to say that if I made the deal there wouldn't be any charges for the inspection of my bike otherwise, there would be a 1 hour of labor charge that I would have to pay. I have never in my 40+ years of buying cars and motorcycles ever heard such foolishness. I need to write the canucks about this type of shenanigans of their so-called certified dealers.

Spyder Garage

There is gentlemen here from Georgia selling FS with lots of extras for $15999.00 with a lot less miles

Good deal and close to you

Spyder Garage

Default Finally landed one

So I finally found a 2015 F3-SM6 that was priced reasonably. It had 2500 miles and warranty till 2019 with a Blue Ridge windshield. It was priced at $13,995. I had to ride 4hrs there and back. I think I'm permanently neuter riding 4hrs on my Ducati but It was worth it. This same bike would have been priced $2k more down South and then jacked up with BS fees.

I plan to do a review from a perspective of a super sport/muscle bike guy going to a Spyder..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

nice-looking ride

Spyder Garage

I bought a RS 2012 black, 30,000 miles on her..for 9,040.00 12 after Texas fee's to me this bike is just warming up. We'll maintained with a few mods for me to ride safely. I say buy it a ride...I wish I would have started from day one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Spyder Garage

So I finally found a 2015 F3-SM6 that was priced reasonably. It had 2500 miles and warranty till 2019 with a Blue Ridge windshield. It was priced at $13,995. I had to ride 4hrs there and back. I think I'm permanently neuter riding 4hrs on my Ducati but It was worth it. This same bike would have been priced $2k more down South and then jacked up with BS fees.

I plan to do a review from a perspective of a super sport/muscle bike guy going to a Spyder..
    Happy to hear you were able to find a good deal !

Enjoy!

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Thanks a bunch guys!!! Your input is highly appreciated. The biggest problem here in Florida is overpriced recreational vehicles.

I'm really interested in owning a F3, it is def a good looking trike. I currently own a 2nd gen Ducati Diavel and that bike is also a niche bike just like the Spyder. Really hard to sell and it doesn't hold it's value very well.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    Talk to Albert at Central Florida Powersports in Kissimmee. He treated me right when I bought and a good friend of mine just flew in from Texas and drove his new RT back to Texas. The reason was best price.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wanderingman View Post
    Talk to Albert at Central Florida Powersports in Kissimmee. He treated me right when I bought and a good friend of mine just flew in from Texas and drove his new RT back to Texas. The reason was best price.
    This is where they had the trike for sale, it sold already. I ended up with the price and color I wanted plus 2 years of warranty, can't ask for more. Thanks for all your comments and suggestions.

I plan to mod several things including making adjustable brackets to bring the dreaded Blueridge screen up & down plus adjust angle. I also plan to install foglights with oem wiring & angel eyes for under $50.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Will be curious about how you like it. I have one, love it!!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by meljr View Post
    Will be curious about how you like it. I have one, love it!!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    I'm beginning to think that I may fall under those people that have owned 40 bikes and counting. I had several fast bikes (170+mph type) my last did that with no sweat since I took it that fast but that was that. It was either fast or faster with zero comfort level.

I bought the F3 versus the older RS & ST mainly because of the inline 3 engine. I also wanted something completely different. Just getting her had me riding 300 miles on the first day so I had to get acquainted real fast. It is def a relax comfort ride with zero worries about anything. I will have to sort out the Blue Ridge screen and install the idler pulley to add to the comfort.

Spyder Garage

The biggest problem here in Florida is overpriced recreational vehicles.
    I thought the biggest problem in Florida is nearsighted seniors still driving
    2019 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Hawk View Post
    I thought the biggest problem in Florida is nearsighted seniors still driving
    Yes to both.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red