Spyder Garage

Question F3-S Battery charger

So I have a 2015 F3-S. I would like to put a trickle charge on it. How in the world do you get to the battery? I took the pull tabs off the frunk but apparently I was missing something. It would not just pull up. thoughts?

Thank you!

Spyder Garage

After removing the Tabs for the frunk, you then need to remove the plastic cover that is just
    above the frunk, it is just clipped in, all you need to do is lift it and it should come free. Then
    you can lift the frunk liner out to get at the battery. Replacing the plastic cover is a bit of a
    challenge
    We now have His and Hers Spyders.
    Current Spyder, 2015 F3 Steel Black, Passenger Backrest, Blue Ridge Screen with Xcreen Extention, Akrapovic Muffler, Attitude Handlebars, Blades front rims, RT Swaybar,
    Her Spyder 2011 Magnesium RSS Sportrack and Backrest, Comfort Seat, Grip Puppies, 3.5 inch Riser Bars, Wespyd Signature Swaybar. Hindle Muffler, Godiva Screen, Hiway Pegs Can Am Panniers

Previous Spyders
    2013 ST SM5
    2011 RSS
    2010 RS
    2015 F3 , Black with Blue Graphics

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    After removing the Tabs for the frunk, you then need to remove the plastic cover that is just
    above the frunk, it is just clipped in, all you need to do is lift it and it should come free. Then
    you can lift the frunk liner out to get at the battery. Replacing the plastic cover is a bit of a
    challenge
    Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Jeremy
    2015 F3 Spyder

Spyder Garage

I put the pigtails on the battery then actually ran the connector up through that cover that you will remove. then I reattached the frunk and I always have the connector handy without the need to drill a hole in the frunk to run the wire.

2015 F3 SE6

Spyder Garage

The dealer where we bought ours, installs the chargers on all the spyders. They run the wire under the black plastic trim piece and over the top lip of the frunk with the end hanging down into the frunk. Every time we wash it we get lots of water inside where it runs the charger wire and drips inside. I'm not talking a few drops either. The inside has water standing in it...
    2016 Can-Am Spyder F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Default CHARGER

i made a X-member that attaches to the two windshield mounts, and secured a Power Port to that... i have it connected directly to the battery (with fuse) and i plug my Battery Trickle Charger into it... this Power Port comes with two USB plugs as well.... all in all, very convenient...
    20150309_153119.jpg
    Dan P
    SPYD3R