Thread: Help please!

Spyder Garage

Lightbulb Help please!

Just installed a Sena SM10 on my 2014 Spyder RT, my helmet headset is a Sena SMH10R bluetooth and the headset is pairing with the SM10 but I'm not hearing anything in my helmet speakers, what am I missing? Do I have to do anything in the Radio control center? I know speakers work because on commucations between husband and I while riding. Any problem shooting help would be greatly appreciated

Spyder Garage

How did you hook up SM10 to the radio? With the cable that comes in the kit from BRP. Make your own custom cable. Get the cable from Motorcycle Dave.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruising RT View Post
    Just installed a Sena SM10 on my 2014 Spyder RT, my helmet headset is a Sena SMH10R bluetooth and the headset is pairing with the SM10 but I'm not hearing anything in my helmet speakers, what am I missing? Do I have to do anything in the Radio control center? I know speakers work because on commucations between husband and I while riding. Any problem shooting help would be greatly appreciated
    May seem obvious, but the SM10 needs to connect to the entertainment center. Hopefully you got this wire from Motorcycle Dave when you purchased your SM10.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder33 View Post
    May seem obvious, but the SM10 needs to connect to the entertainment center. Hopefully you got this wire from Motorcycle Dave when you purchased your SM10.
    Yep! Bought the SM10 & cable from motorcycledave

Spyder Garage

If the radio is muted. That will mute the feed to the SM10. Except for GPS alerts. So make sure it is not muted. Volume has no effect on the headset volume.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    If the radio is muted. That will mute the feed to the SM10. Except for GPS alerts. So make sure it is not muted. Volume has no effect on the headset volume.
    Hearing music thru bike speakers but nothing thru helmet speakers

Very Active Member ottawa-rider's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Have you played with the volume setting of the headset while radio should be playing.

Keep in mind that volume setting while speaking with passenger is different from setting for the radio, each must be adjusted while that function is active.
    2018 RT LTD , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ottawa-rider View Post
    Have you played with the volume setting of the headset while radio should be playing.

Keep in mind that volume setting while speaking with passenger is different from setting for the radio, each must be adjusted while that function is active.
    Spoke with Sena today and they suggested factory reset on headset. Came in did reset, repaired units and Bam! Finally, sound in speakers. Thanks for your suggestion.