Spyder Garage

Default WTB Pet Trailer for Spyder.

Suitable for 62 pound dog.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default DOG TRAILER

Quote Originally Posted by Blue3 View Post
    Suitable for 62 pound dog.
    They are not in-expensive ...... So un-less you have $ 2000 ++++ , get a Harbor Freight trailer frame w/wheels , lights etc., and either build a box or have one built ........ I built one for My Bully ( see avatar ) .... He loves it ..............Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    They are not in-expensive ...... So un-less you have $ 2000 ++++ , get a Harbor Freight trailer frame w/wheels , lights etc., and either build a box or have one built ........ I built one for My Bully ( see avatar ) .... He loves it ..............Mike
    Do you have a photo of the trailer to share so I would have a better idea of how to adapt the HF trailer? Thanks

Spyder Garage

You could try this route ,bit pricy tho & the 622 is good as it is. But gotta give him credit for finding a way

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Default PET TRAILER

Do you have a photo of the trailer to share so I would have a better idea of how to adapt the HF trailer? Thanks
    Sorry No..... my trailer is DIY ..... the HF trailer is just a platform ( 4' X 4' ?) .... So if you found a really big plastic container ( check Home Depot , Lowe's etc they have some Jumbo sizes ) you could adapt it to your needs. The dog isn't going to give a damn what it looks like -- only you are !!!! ...... the one above which started as a 622 also started at $4000.00 and then got more expensive ............Mine started as an 18 cu ft. clam shell type ( Sears X-cargo roof top carrier ).... I can re-move the upper part - add my windshield and roof section ( takes about 1/2 hr. ) and it's a pet carrier....until I need it for something else ....... My Dad lived through the depression & raised 6 children, He instilled in me the reasons why you don't have to spend money to enjoy life. Plus the satisfaction of creating something from nothing is amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing ......jmho.......Mike

Spyder Garage

Start with this: http://www.harborfreight.com/600-lb-...ler-62644.html

Add one of these:http://www.ebay.com/itm/17-x-25-RV-n...-/231550518226

A couple of louvered vents, and doggie pillow and you are good.
    Jim

2013 ST-S (wife's)
    2015 BMW R1200GS (mine)
    1981 Yamaha XS400 Scrambler Custom (mine)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've been thinking about a dog trailer from time to time, for our two medium sized furkids. My concern would be exhaust fumes from the Spyder blowing into their lungs. I know from messing with wind blockers and leaky Y gaskets that the fumes gives us headaches and don't want that for the dogs. Those that tow with pets, what do you do about exhaust gasses?
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I would not put my dog in any of the above mentioned trailers. The only one I would use is the Wags Trailer, their trailers are designed to carry a pet and have sufficient ventilation, etc. Before you put your dog in a trailer you should ride in it yourself and at the very least put a thermometer and CO2 sensor in it.

http://www.wagstrailers.com/
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default Wags dog trailer

This is my Wags trailer. Has large bidirectional vent and solar fan. two side windows and one rear window all with screens. My three little dogs love riding with us.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Pat "EAGLE27"

2016 F3 Limited
    Ultimate drivers backrest, baja ron sway bar, LED headlights, Wolo horn, highway pegs from Pitfall, trailer hitch and 590 GPS

Spyder Garage

Default EAGLE27

Are you completely satisfied with the WAGS?

Spyder Garage

Default Pet trailer

It all depends on the value you put on your dog, on what trailer you build, or buy. I put a very HIGH value on our dog and wanted the best and safest trailer I could find. I have heard folks on this site talk about fumes entering the trailer and I did wonder if that would be a problem with ours so we kept a very close eye on Trina in the beginning as I had no monitoring system in the trailer. All windows and the top vent open and we keep the ones on the front and exhaust side closed and after over 10,000 miles in the trailer she has shown no ill affects that we can tell. If the trailer would take a direct impact from a vehicle I'm positive the outcome would not be good but that goes the same with the rider also. We were heading over Bear-tooth Pass in Wyoming and we stopped and talked with a Harley Trike rider pulling a home built trailer with two Great Pyrenees that were over 100 lbs each and his home built trailer looked like a stock trailer and he had pulled them several years like that. It just wasn't for me. We have traveled with Trina in all types of weather from the 20's to the 100's with out trouble, it just takes some planing.Buy a trailer and take your pooch with you.
    i phone photos 003.jpg i phone photos 016.jpg i phone photos 030.jpg i phone photos 004.jpg John Day ride in srping 16 007.jpg
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

Are you completely satisfied with the WAGS?

I am completely satisfied, my dogs love riding with me and they never seem distressed by heat or the ride.

Pat "EAGLE27"

2016 F3 Limited
    Ultimate drivers backrest, baja ron sway bar, LED headlights, Wolo horn, highway pegs from Pitfall, trailer hitch and 590 GPS

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    I would not put my dog in any of the above mentioned trailers. The only one I would use is the Wags Trailer, their trailers are designed to carry a pet and have sufficient ventilation, etc. Before you put your dog in a trailer you should ride in it yourself and at the very least put a thermometer and CO2 sensor in it.

http://www.wagstrailers.com/
    I agree my pets are family and would only use a certified purpose built trailer
    WAGS looks awesome and are designed for your pet.
    JMHO

Spyder Garage

Default Dog trailer

IMG_0163.JPG
    This is what I built from the harbor freight trailer. Pretty inexpensive to do. I don't take my dog on the interstate. It's just for around town.
    2014 Spyder RT-L Pearl White

Akrapovic Silencer, BajaRon Sway Bar/Links, BRP 23" Vented Windshield, BRP Adjustable Wind Deflector,
    BRP Heated Seat/Backrest, BRP Sirius, BRP Bluetooth Dongle, BRP Tri Axis Handlebars w/GPS,
    CD Brake Light Modulator, CD Short Antenna, Elka 1+r Shocks, ISCI Brake, JT Dash Mount, Lamonster Cat Bypass, SP Bumpskid, SP Kott Grills, SP Belt Guard, Smooth Spyder Belt Tensioner

Spyder Garage

Here is are pictures of Mike's ( Blueknight911) trailer that he has for his dog( bulldog see his Avatar): Deanna
    Last edited by Deanna777; 01-16-2017 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Corrected post @ 6:31pm 1/16/17

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Default WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna777 View Post
    Here is are pictures of Mike's ( Blueknight911) dog trailer that he has for his dog( bulldog see his Avatar): Deanna
    Now Dee, we both know that is not what Max's trailer looks like !!!! .... Max will get in anything that He thinks will take Him to get some ice cream ......... Mike