Spyder Garage

Default Selling Use 2015 Can Am Spyder Models, why?

I am curious why do people purchase the Can Am Spyder model 2015 and 2016, and then sell it. I just found a Can Am Spyder 2015 F3-S in Bakersfield, Ca 16,995 out the door price.

These are my thoughts:

1) No time to ride it.

2) Many mechanical issues or expensive services especially if you are not mechanically incline. Granted, I heard the BMW bikes are expensive as well.

3) Unable to ride it

4) Selling it for a newer model.

Spyder Garage

's are not for everybody. Their loss will turn out to be somebody's gain. Many get started just this way.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Well in my case i have bought a new one each year for the last 5 years and either traded my old one in to a dealer or sold it outright.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    Well in my case i have bought a new one each year for the last 5 years and either traded my old one in to a dealer or sold it outright.

Cruzr Joe
    Kinda me too. I bought new in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 (leftover 2011), and 2014. Dealer ended up with trades, except for the 2009, when I moved up.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default economics maybe

could be more than one can afford in long run , the initial out lay of money then payments , not too forget insurance , tags ... this is just for one cycle , not to mention living expense ...

Spyder Garage

I bought our 2015 RT thinking totally about my wife being comfortable. Our background is Goldwings. I felt surely that I could adapt, but after only owning it 2 months and 3,000 miles of trying, I threw in the towel and we traded for a F3 Limited. I just could not get comfortable on the RT. I know she lost some comfort but I would never ever go back to the RT. It just never worked for me no matter what I tried. The F3 was like putting on my favorite power of shoes. That was our reason for trading so fast...
    2016 Can-Am Spyder F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    's are not for everybody. Their loss will turn out to be somebody's gain. Many get started just this way.
    This, and how we found a 1400 mile old 2013 ST-S.
    Jim

2013 ST-S (wife's)
    2015 BMW R1200GS (mine)
    1981 Yamaha XS400 Scrambler Custom (mine)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Why do we spend so much time worrying about why other folks do what they do?
    I have enough trouble keeping track of myself...
    Everybody has their own reasons...
    Sometimes that reason simply is: they made a HUGE mistake!
    But why worry about it?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I bought my 2013 ST with 530 miles on it from the first owner. She bought it as her only means of transportation in western Virginia and discovered she didn't like the way the helmet messed her hair up.

Current:
    2016 Honda CTX700 DCT ABS (faring model)
    Kip Moto SherpaX Cargo Trailer

Wife Has:
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited
    2016 Lees-ure Lite Camping Trailer

Previous:
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RS SE5, zoom-zoom!
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE5, Foot Burner - Gasoline Boiling Stinker - Gas Tank Vacuum Puller

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WA5VHU View Post
    I bought my 2013 ST with 530 miles on it from the first owner. She bought it as her only means of transportation in western Virginia and discovered she didn't like the way the helmet messed her hair up.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Having bought my own first used '13 RT Limited (also because I wanted my wife to be comfortable touring with me) and only having 1000 miles under our belts this year, I can say I'm so glad that others like to upgrade so quickly. I plan on trading our '13 RTL for a '17 or '18 F-3 Limited that was broken in by some future routine upgrader!
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

You will find the same thing with almost every vehicle. People just change their mind for an infinite number of reasons. Just take the great deal and never look back. One man's trash can be another man's treasure.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Default Choices choices....

Many the wrong choice or the wrong reason. The illusion of a motorcyle only to find it is not but you will find some even don't know why they bought it in the first place.But as mentioned above one should take advantage of the deal and enjoy the ryde....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

146cb680bf7f3526e96ca4ff06a46841.jpg
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Different reasons for every bike. I bought my last Royal Star venture with 500 miles on it after 4 years. It was the first motorcycle the couple had ever owned. They didn't take any rider courses just laid down the money and rode it home. It scared them to death.They rode it a little more and put it up for sale 4 years later after they got emotionally past the money. $ 20,000 motorcycle for $9000.00
    2012 Spyder RT Limited,bought new over $30,000 owner diagnosed with Dementia sold for $15,000 with only 8500 miles.

The deals are out there, just be glad and put the money you save in the bank

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I just bought a 2012 RTL with 9,000 miles on it. It came with new unused luggage, and an extended warranty til aug 2018. Had to go to Texas to buy it and have it shipped back. Now that I have it, I plan on keeping it until I can talk the wife into a newer F-3. The only things I don't like about my RT are seemingly solved with the f-3....( i.e., the feeling of riding on top of the bike and riding position. Plus the larger engine and 6 speed would be nice.) all and all, I love my 1st spyder and can't wait to upgrade.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Forgot to mention total cost including airline and shipping was 15 grand. Of course rip off calif sales tax added another 1400

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

My squid cousin told me to look at the new F3 but I didn't listen. Won't buy new, but a used F-3 in in the cards.

Spyder Garage

My first was a 2012 RTS-SE5 kept that for 2 years, then traded up to my current which is a 2014RTS-SE6( because of the 1330 triple engine, lower maintance, bigger gas tank, quiter engine, smoother ride, 6 speed, transmission etc. ).

I bought my current spyder brand new( zero miles).

I have 16,000 miles on the it. I am very happy with my current spyder. Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Spyders are not for everyone. Looking at my purchase critically, I find mine to be uncomfortable to ride and it lacks the thrill I get with my motorcycle. They also have a bit of a stigma, that the riders are too old or the bikes are stupid looking. I really like how mine looks and I enjoy riding it with my wife, she won't get on a two wheeler. If someone offered me what I owe on it, it would be a tough choice.
    Last edited by Graptor; 11-27-2016 at 08:59 PM.

Spyder Garage

Live, Love, and Ride! God Bless!