Spyder Garage

Default Extended Warranty in California

So, I am planning to buy a Can-Am Spyder F3-S triple black 2016 for a good deal. However, after reading so many issues with the electronics that I decided to take on the extended 3-year warranty.

1) My question is what is in the warranty covers?

2) Do you really get discounts on service and parts with e 3-year extended warranty? I heard that Elk Grove POWERSPORTS is good.

Can anyone identify the cost of their warranty in California?

Here is a link about warranty:
    Last edited by ussoldier; 11-24-2016 at 02:09 PM.

Spyder Garage

I have a F3-S that came with two year BRP warranty.

I purchased the additional 3 years BRP extended warranty from Bert's Mega Mall in California for $688. They are also a sponsor of this site. They were easy to deal with and the best price from the 8 bids I received.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    I have a F3-S that came with two year BRP warranty.

I purchased the additional 3 years BRP extended warranty from Bert's Mega Mall in California for $688. They are also a sponsor of this site. They were easy to deal with and the best price from the 8 bids I received.
    Wow that is pretty good for a 3 year extended warranty for $688.

1) But do you get discounts on BRP parts and services?

2) Is it only for the dealer or can you do it Nationwide?
    Last edited by ussoldier; 11-24-2016 at 02:55 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ussoldier View Post
    Wow that is pretty good for a 3 year extended warranty for $688.

1) But do you get discounts on BRP parts and services?

2) Is it only for the dealer or can you do it Nationwide?
    Its
    a BRP BEST warranty. Can use it at any dealership nationwide.

Sponsors here on this site offer great discounts on BRP Parts and Accessories.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

I would be careful about the anti BRP propaganda piece concerning the warranty.

IMO--Best is best. Good pricing can be found by shopping around. Berts Mega Mall comes up as one of the low-ballers. You do not have to purchase the BRP warranty from the selling dealer. All BRP dealers have to service your BRP warranty.

This is not the case concerning service contracts--usually only good at the servicing dealer or warranties purchased from non-BRP companies.

The warranty is a dealer add-on that gives them extra $$ on your out the door price. Needed, but suggest shopping around for the best price on BEST.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default How long do you have after purchase?

Newbie here about to pull the trigger on 2016 Spyder RT-S.

How long after you purchase the Spyder, do you have to get the extended warranty?

Thanks!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    I would be careful about the anti BRP propaganda piece concerning the warranty.

IMO--Best is best. Good pricing can be found by shopping around. Berts Mega Mall comes up as one of the low-ballers. You do not have to purchase the BRP warranty from the selling dealer. All BRP dealers have to service your BRP warranty.

This is not the case concerning service contracts--usually only good at the servicing dealer or warranties purchased from non-BRP companies.

The warranty is a dealer add-on that gives them extra $$ on your out the door price. Needed, but suggest shopping around for the best price on BEST.
    1) Do you have to purchase the B.E.S.T. at the time of the buy?
    2) Does it cost more after your purchase your spyder?
    3) What does BEST do? I heard that you can discounts on BRP products and services, is that true?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by airtire View Post
    Newbie here about to pull the trigger on 2016 Spyder RT-S.

How long after you purchase the Spyder, do you have to get the extended warranty?

Thanks!
    You have to purchase the extended warranty (B.E.S.T.) prior to your factory warranty expiring. Give yourself a few months leeway.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Default PowerRev vs BRP Warranty?

I was informed that PowerRev vs BRP warranty mirrors each other. Would that be true? Or what is the difference between them?

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

If that is the one from EGPS I can tell you that I'd covers a lot. We had the strap on our RT trunk luggage break and we got a brand piece of luggage!...and Zero deductible!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Lightbulb Warranty questions and concerns about getting the best deal

Quote Originally Posted by ussoldier View Post
    I was informed that PowerRev vs BRP warranty mirrors each other. Would that be true? Or what is the difference between them?
    Don't know about PowerRev, but years ago this question was asked, to which I responded in,http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-Contract-Corp and to add to that I used my western warranty also in the fifth & 6th year.

Big Picture,

However if I had to do it again, I would lean toward the manufactures extended warranty, when push comes to shove, stroking the builder is easier to do than a third party insurance carrier as they are only looking at #'s.

However my Western warranty paid for itself $1K for 6 years, and I had probably 2Kish in coverage. HOWEVER-

BRP has shown to me a value as a potential repeat customer. I experienced in the first year of production of the RT numerous bugs that were covered under warranty, but still required me having my AAA tow/flat bed the bike into the dealership for repair. Years later, BRP hired a consultant (Amy) who also became a spyderlover member. She initially contacted me via phone, and listened to what I had to say with no judgement, just listened. Then we communicated via PM. (private message) By reaching out to contact us unfortunate Spyder owners and listen to our concerns and suggestions and input afterwards, she choose to handsomely compensates us for our troubles. Lamont the owner of this site was aware of the good intentions, and infact a spyderlover member was going to post and share his wonderful experience which would have undoubtedly created a firestorm of unjustified requests from others, who might not have had the extent of issues that we all had but had, had some stuff occur. So in Lamonts wisdom (because human nature: people are greedy and selfish to some extent) he chose to remove the post from the member who posted his confidential experience.

I know I am giving you confusing answers, life isn't all about the almighty dollar, so choose wisely, and feel free to call me or talk to other spyder owners to get the full picture.

Furthermore,relationships matter, here are a few testaments to that

This was after I had a $12K accident that was covered by the offenders insurance.

ABOVE video ; also received and installed under warranty something for my RT that other CA dealerships did not do, but because of my relationship, i received

why do I share this, because these instances are priceless, and yes, were built over time,

YMMV

I have a few more videos and pictures, but hopefully you and others get the point
    + I am getting tired.

So,

I appreciate your enthusiasm and concern with this very large purchase, and it looks like you have gotten the best deal from a dealership, ps ( i shop the same way after all the research too) Believe it just makes me feel like I didn't give my hard earned inherited money away.

Brings me back to your initial post of where to buy your spyder.
    I purchased my Spyder at Del Amor motorsports,and for the first 3 years was very satisfied as I had a good relationship with the sales mgr and also the certified BRP mechanic

Which,

when I posted where to
    negotiate your purchase you said you had read bad reviews of Berts, (not specific, i.e. price, harassment, lies, from sales or service? ) well I disagree with part of that assertion. Toooo complicated to get into it here as I have no stake in the matter. As far as repair service I always thought Del Amo motor sports was superior. from 2010 thru 2013. However personnel changes/mechanics were made and now (today) believe that Berts Mega Mall is not only superior but GREAT. Last 3 times I brought spyder in for oil changes, exhaust replacement and electrical shorts with aftermarket in added in fender lighting etc. No problems, everything taken care of at competitive prices (always shop that way) ahead of time (Very important to me) So if it were me, I would speak to your local shop owner or person in charge of your bike after the sale and share with them what you expect and create a rapport with them. And if you save a few dollars with them great, but if you save a couple of headaches, even better

Whats that saying "penny wise dollar short", now imagine if you had to pay $500ish dollars to get this free advice from your business manager, accountant or another site.

Finally, whatever you do, just enjoy the ride and take the time to breathe

Best,

TicketBait
    Last edited by TicketBait; 11-30-2016 at 11:40 AM. Reason: corrected name of warranty co.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    If that is the one from EGPS I can tell you that I'd covers a lot. We had the strap on our RT trunk luggage break and we got a brand piece of luggage!...and Zero deductible!

I am not sure if that was EGPS. I've been trying to figure out the the abbreviation for EGPS. All, I know it is PowerRev. As far as the Insurance, they told me for a 3-year extended Warranty for $1000. However, I negotiated to a 4-year extended warranty for the same price. So, I have a 6 year warranty on that bike. I did try to research, but I could not find the status of PowerRev. for reviews. It covers:

1) Engine components
    2) Transmission components, Primary Drive components
    3) Drive Axle components
    4) Steering components
    5) Brake components (Except Rotors and pads)
    6) Anti-lock Brake (ABS) Components
    7) Electrical components: Starter, Alternator & Voltage, Regulator, manually operated switches, cooling fan motor, Wiring harness, ignition control module, magneto, Fuel injector control module, Factory guages (Mechanical and Electronical) and all sensors for electronic instruments.
    8) Fuel System components: Fuel pump, fuel lines, diaphragms, springs, valves and actuating lever
    9) Touring Bike components: Digital Dash, Control cables, factory radio, fairing hardware and brackets, and Saddlebag, trunk latches
    10) Seals and Gaskets:
    11) Rental Reimbursement: Rental coverage for $30 per day for a limit of 5 days not to exceed $150
    12) Emergency Towing
    13) Roadside assistant: Batter Service, fuel, oil, fluid and water delivery.

Here is the link for it: http://www.powerrevracing.com/terms.asp

The Northern Chapter was there to give us a ride. in Fresno, CA. Honestly, this is my first bike. I never rode motorcycles or a roadster before only a scooter.But, I am very happy to finally got the bike that I wanted. I will be posting pictures soon.

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

EGPS=Elk Grove Power Sports
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.