Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Default Belt Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderCruiser View Post
    David,
    Why did you take the smoothspyder off? I intend On installing Doc's kit but plan on keeping the smoothspyder on as well. Is the smoothspyder in the way?

My theory is that the smoothspyder will keep tension when letting off the throttle, and the BRP tensioner will reduce vibes while accelerating/cruising.

Take Care,
    Louie
    Hi, I have the aftermarket tenisoner and it works okay. This is the first time I have heard of the BRP model. But as reducing the vibration on deceleration, it is the top of the belt that tends to vibrate because the wheel works against the engine. I guess the REAL ANSWER would be to install an idler wheel somewhere between the front and rear sprocket. This way the vibration on both acceleration and deceleration could be addressed. Ron

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by zbunker View Post
    Hi, I have the aftermarket tenisoner and it works okay. This is the first time I have heard of the BRP model. But as reducing the vibration on deceleration, it is the top of the belt that tends to vibrate because the wheel works against the engine. I guess the REAL ANSWER would be to install an idler wheel somewhere between the front and rear sprocket. This way the vibration on both acceleration and deceleration could be addressed. Ron
    Actually, the location for the BRP unit (with our adapter) and the one we sell are in the exact position they need to be. I don't jnow why the vibration is centered there, but it is. In fact, owning both an RT and F3, and having the damper on both I can tell you it works good at all speeds, accelerating or decelerating, and is even more effective on the RT. In our initial design we were going to move it closer to the center of the belt, but after testing, it was not necessary.