Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default 1800

1800 cc or MORE.....
    i was blown-away with the Daytona model.... DAYTONA signifies POWER, and the engine isn't any different than any other 1330....
    bore it out to 1800cc's or more... put a turbo or super-charger on it... DO SOMETHING BRP... you lost it for 2017, don't let that happen for the 2018 models....
    bon jour
    Dan P
    Easley, SC
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

You heard it here first ................... don't forget ...........................

2018 F3 will be a leaning reverse trike.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member OverHillAndDale's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

BRP - are you listening? At least some of these ideas should make IMHO.b b
    2020- RT Limited
    Chalk White, Can-Am rear passenger armrests, Comfort Seat, Grip puppies, RAM Cup Holders, Providence RAM Mount
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Aluma MCTXL trailer
    BRP hitch
    Big Bike Parts wiring harness
    Permanent Smile!!!

Spyder Garage

How about a proper frame mounted trailer hitch. The current one is a joke.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    That just means that it's time to trade-up! (Again!)
    Can't do that for quite a while. (Of couse I've said that before)

Spyder Garage

Default Power

Two up, pulling a trailer, on a trip; needs more power! 20% to start, easily accomplished.
    Make the RT longer in the middle; longer saddle, more room. Bigger saddlebags. These do not lean: bags could go almost to the ground, and wider. Top box could grow aft. Add u fit capability to all models. Make LED headlights stock. I could go on and on, but start here!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    You heard it here first ................... don't forget ...........................

2018 F3 will be a leaning reverse trike.

Cruzr Joe

I see granite in your future
    2015 RT Limited Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

Default Noise

Do something to cut down on all the noise from the engine. A 20 year old gold wing is silent in comparison to the 1330.

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Windagetray View Post
    ....the trivial stuff listed just to see better reliability in the stuff my 2014 RT-S already has.

1- Rear tires that last as long at the fronts
    2-Get the quirks out of the existing computer software
    3- Upgrade the compressors and figure out how to keep stones from sitting under and rubbing through the air bags
    4- Keep stones out of the belt (or go to shaft drive!)
    5-Increase the frame strength so they don't crack. I've seen at least one posting on here about that and heard first hand of another.
    6-Upgrade front suspension so the frunk bottom is not hitting the road constantly without installing aftermarket items.
    7-Increase dealer presence so we don't have to drive 50+ miles for needed services
    8- Make the $30K machine WORTH $30K!

Sir, if you don't mind me asking, why do you even own one?
    you make a big deal about frames cracking yet you only heard of it happening twice.
    the rear tires, for gosh sakes new auto tires don't last as long as replacements either, my friends on other brands replace theirs too.
    Dealer network, unless you have been on that side you have no idea how difficult that is.
    You purchased a complex mechanical system, they all have issues. If you have these problems and purchased one then you did not do your homework or ignored the obvious.
    this post was constructive until YOU decided to start the negativity.

Life is too short to be this miserable, sell yours and move on to something else, it would be good for you.
    Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Spyder Garage

Default My wish list

First, I have no intentions of purchasing another Can Am, at least not until I get 10,000 or more miles on the one I have. But, the original list....

1. Bluetooth - phone to stereo. Control of phone music from handlebar controls. (Easily handled by doing a Garmin 595LM, Sena 10S).
    2. Enhanced stereo playback control from handlebars. Currently if you select a new playlist it will only play in order of artists. A "Random" option would be nice. (As per No. 1)
    3. Backlit controls for high beam/low beam switch. NICE IDEA
    4. Crisp feedback for turn signal and cruise control switches. They're mushy. It's easy to set a turn signal when you try to cancel one. YUP
    5. Fix the clock. The clock runs fast on almost ALL Spyders. ????
    6. Fob instead of keys like Harley and Indian. FOR SURE, BUT AT WHAT COST?
    7. Stiffer sway bar so we won't all be replacing ours. NOT CERTAIN THIS IS GOOD. BY ALTERING THE FRONT, ONE CHANGES THE GRIP F/R, POTENTIALLY CREATING A LOOSE CONDITION
    8. Built-in belt stabilization so we won't have the vibration at 65-75 mps. YEAH, THIS IS ONE TO GET THROUGH
    9. Built-in TPMS - it would be nice to have a display on the dash or GPS (Garmin has that option on some models). MORE MONEY
    10. Brighter turn-signal indicator on dashboard. The current one is only useful at night. OR LARGER
    11. Better grips. Stock Spyder grips and skinny and feel like bicycle grips to me. AGAIN, NOT CERTAIN I NEED THIS
    12. A better rear-wheel air valve position so that you don't have to have 10 inch fingers with 8 joints to get to the valve stem. GOSH, I NEVER COUNTED

There are some changes I would suggest as well.

1) Built in GPS option....speedo and tach could be on same side, GPS on other
    2) Option of changing the digital dash so as to have the RPM large like the speed, or in place of the speed.
    3) Option of having the heat from radiators come up onto rider.
    4) Race exhaust option....a typical race exhaust is a short glass packed straight through system. Like I haver on mine now.
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-Exhaust-on-F3
    5) Adjustable windshield

That is my thinking at this moment...subject to change at anytime....
    Msmoto
    2016 F3 Limited SS, Garmin 595LM, Sena 10S, Belt Idler Pulley, Custom Cherry Bomb Exhaust
    Previous Spyder No. 003008

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Bleau View Post
    Joe
    I know you didn't direct this to me, but my purpose in this annual list is just to put our ideas forward for BRP to see. Many aren't affordable or practical, others would be easy to implement (good switches with mechanical feedback shouldn't cost more than mushy switches).

I share the fear that some of these items (longer, wider, more powerful) would change the nature of the beast and send prices upwards, but it's still a good exercise to document potential improvements. I am curious about the price of these things - if Kia can build a vehicle with 4 cylinders, A/C and 4 doors for $22k then some of these changes shouldn't send prices of an RT to $35k.
    2020- RT Limited
    Chalk White, Can-Am rear passenger armrests, Comfort Seat, Grip puppies, RAM Cup Holders, Providence RAM Mount
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Aluma MCTXL trailer
    BRP hitch
    Permanent Smile!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Bleau View Post
    ...Life is too short to be this miserable, sell yours and move on to something else, it would be good for you.
    Joe
    I've got to say:
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

My vibration is right at 77mph but gone at 79mph. The list is great. I'd like like to add better gas mileage & a smoother, more powerful & efficient running engine. Perhaps an electronically control throttle as well.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Oh just remebered, heated seat, dash mounted power outlet,

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by modagwood View Post
    Has anyone installed the brp belt tensioner on an RT.using Doc Humphrey's after market parts to make it work. Thank you.
    I have mine ordered...will advise once installed !
    " Fat people are harder to kidnap "

2015 RTS-SE6 Circuit Yellow
    Akrapovic Exhaust - BajaRon Sway bar
    Rivco rear Trunk Rack
    Lamonster LED Head Lights - LED Fog Lights
    Spyder Cuff - Hwy Pegs
    Ultimate Midrider Seat w/ Yellow Trim - Rear Armrests
    Spyderpops Bumpskid with LED - Full view Turn Signal
    R/T Front grill Inserts
    3rd Brake light - Saddle bad LED
    Baker Built Air Wings
    Doc's Spring Stiffeners - Vibration Dampener
    TRICLED underground LED'S

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=arecibo50;1203383]Oh just remembered, heated seats w/hi low seperate controls for passenger & rider, better heated grips for the passenger, dash mounted power outlets, exterior power outlets for the pssenger, built in highway pegs, Bluetooth helmet capabilities for both passnger & rider tied intothe GPS & or sound system & intercom. These could be options as not everyone may want or need these. For me this is an exercise of wanting what I previously had & liked on other owned machines. Price is important but the way I look at it is if I like it & I want it I'll go for it & if I add up the cost of buying & installing many aftermarket products it probably comes very close to having the factory install them. I guess you could loose some of the uniqueness of individually farkling up the ride if many of these are factory installed but that's up to the individual & besides I'm sure one can always find something different to add to the individual look they may seek.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mmcmss View Post
    Do something to cut down on all the noise from the engine. A 20 year old gold wing is silent in comparison to the 1330.
    As an ex GoldWing owner I actually like the little bit of noise the 1330 makes. Harley has made a killing selling noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=arecibo50;1203390]
    Quote Originally Posted by arecibo50 View Post
    Price is important but the way I look at it is if I like it & I want it I'll go for it & if I add up the cost of buying & installing many aftermarket products it probably comes very close to having the factory install them.
    I agree with this. I had an '05 Honda Shadow Sabre - LOVED the bike but it was rather spartan. I added saddlebags, a windshield (then a better pop-off windshield), a rear rack that I put a Kuryakyn trunk on top of, sissy bar, highway bars, highway pegs, amplified speakers, GPS, fog lights, floorboards... and I realized I was trying to build a touring bike. So, I traded it for a Kawasaki Vulcan Voyager touring bike that had most of this built in.

Buying low-end and farkling is expensive and time consuming. I enjoy the process but MOST of the time factory installed options are better done and less expensive.
    2020- RT Limited
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Aluma MCTXL trailer
    BRP hitch
    Permanent Smile!!!

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OverHillAndDale View Post
    I know you didn't direct this to me, but my purpose in this annual list is just to put our ideas forward for BRP to see. Many aren't affordable or practical, others would be easy to implement (good switches with mechanical feedback shouldn't cost more than mushy switches).

I share the fear that some of these items (longer, wider, more powerful) would change the nature of the beast and send prices upwards, but it's still a good exercise to document potential improvements. I am curious about the price of these things - if Kia can build a vehicle with 4 cylinders, A/C and 4 doors for $22k then some of these changes shouldn't send prices of an RT to $35k.
    I know full well the intention of the post and also very much appreciate it, both the intent and content. I find it constructive and helpful, what I have issues with are those that have purposeful intent to exude negativity in such a positive listing.

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Spyder Garage

Hand brake.
    Phil

I may be old, but I got to see all the cool bands.

2011 Spyder RT-AC

Spyder Garage

Cup holder that does not mount to the handlebars so it would stay upright. I've had swivel ones that tilt too much or at the wrong time and spill. Mike
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OverHillAndDale View Post
    Each year I make a post of the top things I'd like to see for the next model year. From what I understand of the 2017, here's my list for Can-Am for 2018.

1. Bluetooth - phone to stereo. Control of phone music from handlebar controls.
    2. Enhanced stereo playback control from handlebars. Currently if you select a new playlist it will only play in order of artists. A "Random" option would be nice.
    3. Backlit controls for high beam/low beam switch.
    4. Crisp feedback for turn signal and cruise control switches. They're mushy. It's easy to set a turn signal when you try to cancel one.
    5. Fix the clock. The clock runs fast on almost ALL Spyders.
    6. Fob instead of keys like Harley and Indian.
    7. Stiffer sway bar so we won't all be replacing ours.
    8. Built-in belt stabilization so we won't have the vibration at 65-75 mps.
    9. Built-in TPMS - it would be nice to have a display on the dash or GPS (Garmin has that option on some models).
    10. Brighter turn-signal indicator on dashboard. The current one is only useful at night.
    11. Better grips. Stock Spyder grips and skinny and feel like bicycle grips to me.
    12. A better rear-wheel air valve position so that you don't have to have 10 inch fingers with 8 joints to get to the valve stem.

Thoughts and additions?
    Nailed it, though I doubt you will see many, if any, of them.
    Jim

2013 ST-S (wife's)
    2015 BMW R1200GS (mine)
    1981 Yamaha XS400 Scrambler Custom (mine)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

While I would agree with some of items on the bucket list posted, I would like to see a Infotainment system similar to the Indian,Harley.
    Also like to see the turn signal buttons independant , one on each side handlebar like Harley uses. Found that type of setup worked well .

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

A spyder that doesn't have the cruiser riding position and isn't an RT. That's what I would like in 2018.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Rodriguez View Post
    A spyder that doesn't have the cruiser riding position and isn't an RT. That's what I would like in 2018.
    Agreed, no boats or cruisers.
    Jim

2013 ST-S (wife's)
    2015 BMW R1200GS (mine)
    1981 Yamaha XS400 Scrambler Custom (mine)