Spyder Garage

Default heat problems on a 2013 st

Anyone know just what BRP sends out besides the new side panels or vents?
    Have heard they send a air deflector that goes on the right side between the
    engine & outer side panel & heat wrap for the master cylinder. If this is right
    does anyone have pictures or know where I can find pictures? I think the dealer
    is not straight with people about what BRP sends.
    Thanks
    spyder stryder

Spyder Garage

Default Don't know. ..!!

But have been wondering if what was sent to the dealers for the recall and what they send out for good will to other models it not the same. Also don't think what was sent out for the RT is the same as for the other models...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There are two separate things here.

first, the vent panels kit - side panels which easily swap for existing panels.

Second the heat shield for the master cylinder - not part of the side vent kit. This was an earlier Safety Recall, totally separate, and done by the dealer. To my knowledge they do not send out this shielding. A search of old posts for Recall Master Cylinder may give more info, but a vin check at the dealer will show whether this has been done to yours.

the side vents make a big difference, and are an easy diy fit.

Spyder Garage

Default Heat Problems

I let the dealer make the change on my ST, after BRP pays for the swap, and if the deal does it no problems down the road.

Good Luck

Spyder Garage

I got my 2013 ST May 2015, a new leftover. Before I picked it up, the dealer said they installed a recall that was to place heat shielding on the Tupperware around the motor area.
    After I had it for a couple of months the side panels were replaced after I complained about the excessive heat. I did not see where all the heat shielding was placed that was part of the recall, sorry. But, using the VIN you can check recall status on the BRP website, or have your dealer check it. The side panel replacement is just the new panels.
    Current ride: 2013 Circuit Yellow ST-S SE5