Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Belt tensioner.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by armyspydervet View Post
    How do I change my username to Mr. CanAm Genius.

Oh, IdleUp... I do like what you did with your frame bars.
    If you ask Lamont: he can make it happen!
    Would we have to bow, when in your presence?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Facts are Facts - I exposed BRP for what they are; they forced owners to buy a part that BRP deliberately left off and further burdened them with transporting their bike and paying for labor that should be covered under warranty.

Looks like some BRP loyalist got their feeling hurt - they fail to understand the basis of manufacture warranty and are OK with funding BRP’s warranty service. The definition of warranty is; anything that fails to perform to specification will be covered during the warranty period and the cost for such part(s) and labor will be the responsibility of the manufacture - not the owner!

This "Time Trial" installation diversion - to change the topic and rescue BRP for their illegal actions has failed. If anyone installed the Idler properly, it takes 20 minutes to remove and properly re-torque the bolts to their specs and properly check and align the "Tonka Toy" plastic pulley since its lousy "Quick Fix" design provides no method, template or means to self align the pulley mechanically to the belt.

Getting back to the topic of BRP screwing their Owners - and incurring them to financially pay for their mistakes is nothing new with BRP, like their off road equipment (http://can-am.brp.com/off-road/owner...y-recalls.html) they continually "Cut Corners" (like they do on the Spyder) to save money and fail to acknowledge their faults. BRP knew right well the Spyder was vibrating like hell, and in a scheme to save a few dollars, they did nothing other than come up with a “Band-Aid Fix” then required Spyder owners to pay for their mistake.

These Corporate tactics are nothing new for BRP - beginning in 2008, myself and many other Spyder owners experienced “Accident Prone” steering problems and when reported to our dealers and BRP, our complaints fell of cheap deaf ears. Owners suffered with this problem for years and not until the National Traffic and Motor vehicle got involved and forced BRP to issue a recall, did BRP react and confirm that had defective power steering units that were shutting down during use, putting riders safety and lives in danger - It took BRP 2 years to issue the recall!

In closing - This Spyder vibration “Fix” and burdening their owners to pay for their mistakes during the warranty period shows a continued history of BRP scam tactics and their denial to accept financial responsibility for their mistakes.

Military Drone Designer & Pilot
    www.rotory.com

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'll take some exception to your use of the term "Accident Prone", when discussing the DPS recall...
    Do you have knowledge of ANY accidents that were caused by a DPS failure?

I don't recall any... and there were a lot of folks like you, who were looking for those reports.

Very Active Member armyspydervet's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

IdleUp...you're just angry. The advice you received yesterday was spot on. Sell or trade your Spyder and buy something that will make you happy. Maybe one of those motorcycles you say are half to one third the price of a Spyder.
    Chris

2016 F3-T SE6

Spyder Garage

For all the BRP admirers and loyal supporters who are happy with BRP's "Stick It To You" Idler fix, who just got screwed into paying for another BRP mistake to install the "Tonka Toy" idler and pay for labor cost while under under warranty, here is just a "Few" of the thousands of complaints typical of what I and others sent into BRP in 2008 regarding a serious problem were they failed to accept responsibly for the defective steering units.

Unlike the idler which was just an annoyance, BRP knew the steering motors were shutting down during use, but refused to accept responsibility. Instead of the cheap slobs replacing the steering units, for over a year they elected to use a "Smoke and Mirror" cover up remedy for the problem by installing bogus firmware at dealers which did absolutely nothing, sending riders back on the road jeopardizing their safety.

Not until 2010 for most almost 2 years later, after numerous mishaps and accidents, did the government finally force BRP to comply and accept responsibility and replace the steering units.

Guys, this is typical BRP business as usual, they could care less about their customers safety (or warranty) you guys have to accept the fact you are nothing but a "Vin" number to BRP!

Enjoy - Mike

Military Drone Designer & Pilot
    www.rotory.com

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I saw DPS failures... and not one single accident!
    Some of the language used in those "reports", leads me to believe that there was some "coaxing" done...

Very Active Member armyspydervet's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

These complaints are 8 years old. And in your own words, you have bought several BRP products over the years. As Einstein said, "INSANITY IS DOING THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS."

Who is the "stupid" one? Again, your words not mine.
    Chris

2016 F3-T SE6

Spyder Garage

I think this thread is done.