Thread: Check DPS

Spyder Garage

Default Check DPS

My '08 GS SM5 gave me a check DPS screen today. It was fine when I went to work but when I started it to come home, the message came up. Yes, it was harder to steer. Don't live to far from work so rode it home. Ran fine. Has anyone had this message and were you able to fix it yourself? I see that the part is available (costly!!) Does anyone have any advice?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ryderlaura View Post
    My '08 GS SM5 gave me a check DPS screen today. It was fine when I went to work but when I started it to come home, the message came up. Yes, it was harder to steer. Don't live to far from work so rode it home. Ran fine. Has anyone had this message and were you able to fix it yourself? I see that the part is available (costly!!) Does anyone have any advice?

I had the same alarm so many times and took my bike back to the dealer, they even changed a brand new DPS for me. Not a big deal. It’s most likely a false alarm.
    If it happens again, you can park on the spare lane and cool down the bike for 5 minz, pull out the key. And restart it again, it’s gonna reset itself.

Spyder Garage

How old's your battery? DPS is a notorious power hog and if your battery is starting to give out it's usually DPS that's the first tell.
    Trb-- (Roger)

2014 Cognac STL:Ultimate Seat, Nelson Rigg Tail Pack, Nelson Rigg RS/ST Half Cover, TL fender lights, Squared Away Laser Alignment, BajaRon sway bar and links, Akropovic Sport Silencer
    2022 White Pearl F3T
    Gone but not forgotten: 2019 F3S Special Series Liquid Titanium

Spyder States Visited