Thread: Rear Shock

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Rear Shock

Hi, I'm new to the site and have a 2014 Can Am Spyder Question. I have a 2014 Sts and the suspension is very stiff. I would like to try a softer rear shock. Has anyone tried a softer shock and how did it effect handling. I have a tender back and after about 50 miles I'm pretty beat up. Just wondering if anyone has a similar problem and what have you tried to correct this problem. Thanks B

Spyder Garage

The 2014 ST models have adjustable front shocks (FOX Podium) I am not sure about the rear being adjustable. Try to reduce the preload tension on the front shocks to see if that may help. It should soften the spring action some. I'm sure someone here will have an idea to help releave your pain.
    Current ride: 2013 Circuit Yellow ST-S SE5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Many riders replace their shocks with Elka's or other brands. I replaced mine with Stage 1 Elka's and felt more of a stiffer more controlled ride compared to the saggy ride I was having. I replaced the OEM front shocks with Fox shocks and after 10k miles they were needing some adjustment. You might want to talk to Lamonster since he knows pretty much anything about these bikes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

If you call Elka they build each shock for the riders preferences. I just got the front shocks but they selected the springs and adjusted them for my heavy weight. I was bottoming out alot with the FOX podium that come standard on the limited. I have not bottomed out since and can ride with more confidence. The rear shock is still standard but when I see a bump or rough railroad track I have learned to raise my butt up some to let the legs absorb the shock.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic