Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Custom fitted sheepskin

Anyone have or tried the custom fitted sheepskin seat covers from the Hartcoseats in FL???

I think this is something that I would like to try...I talked to the company and they do not have the pattern for the BRP upgrade RT comfort seat, only the std RT seat...

THANK YOU, larryd

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

These guys thank you for your patronage...
    After all: those skins were originally custom-fitted for THEM!

Herd of Sheep.jpg
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I would like to hear about the benefits of people that have ridden any bike with sheepskin. I need to do something for comfort and don't really want to spend a grand on a seat.

Now on that being said, we attended a show this year where they were selling different skins and pelts for seats, they had a nice beaver pelt for $80, but my wife said no beaver for me, so I put it back.

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I got mine from Misty Mountain, and LOVE it!
    But when I mentioned riding home from SpyderFest without pants: the rest of the guys threatened to leave on Saturday night without me!

Rudolph 02.jpg

http://www.mistymountainsheepskin.com/

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Bleau View Post
    I would like to hear about the benefits of people that have ridden any bike with sheepskin. I need to do something for comfort and don't really want to spend a grand on a seat.

Now on that being said, we attended a show this year where they were selling different skins and pelts for seats, they had a nice beaver pelt for $80, but my wife said no beaver for me, so I put it back.

Joe
    I put the Gel seat pad kit from "Motorcycle Dave" in my upgrade BRP comfort seat and that was a BIG improvement...But I recently did two trips, a 2200 & 1000 miler, and I need a little more help in the butt area...

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default SHEEPSKIN

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Bleau View Post

Joe
    JMHO, if you get one , get a real one not a " FAUX " sheepskin. They are very different . If you want to save a bunch of money ( like me ) look for garage sales, I bought a pair of genuine sheepskin CAR seat covers for $ 5.00. There was enough skin for 4 RT's ....... Mike .....PS they do add cushion and are naturally " cooling " .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Looks like you shot the family pet, and now you're sitting on it. [emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mark in GA

2014 Cognac Spyder RT Limited - SOLD
    2014 Cognac RT-622 Trailer - SOLD
    2014 RT Limited , Stock Cognac

Spyder Garage

I have an Alaska Leather sheepskin on my stock STS seat, I also used it on my previous bike. I caught a super sale, reg. price was $59.95, I got it on a weekly special for $29.95.
    Anyhoo, I have been using it for about 5 years, I really like it!!! No scorched butt in the summer and no cold butt in cold weather. It is very comfortable in all weather types, except rain.
    It is very easy to take off and put on. Actually the only time I will take it off is if it is raining, it holds a ton of water, best to remove it and toss it in the Frunk.
    Current ride: 2013 Circuit Yellow ST-S SE5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GA_Spyderman View Post
    Looks like you shot the family pet, and now you're sitting on it. [emoji57]
    It's close in color; but way too big!
    006.jpg

So I named it "Rudolph"...

And Tink promptly adopted it!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I got mine from Misty Mountain, and LOVE it!
    But when I mentioned riding home from SpyderFest without pants: the rest of the guys threatened to leave on Saturday night without me!

Rudolph 02.jpg

http://www.mistymountainsheepskin.com/

My wife got her's from Misty Mountain as well. Has a rubber backing so it doesn't slide around. She loves it.

Spyder Garage

Default SHEEPSKINS

I've been riding on sheepskins for thirty five years, I had them on four different Goldwings and now three years on my RT-S, I wouldn't ride without one, they are cooler In summer and warmer In the cold weather. the only time I take It off Is If It rains..
    2013 Viper Red RT S-SE5 All 48 states on a Gold Wing now I'm working on getting all on a

Spyder Garage

I also have an Alaska Leather (I got mine locally ) combination sheepskin/gel cover and have one for each for the RT's. I do not use them all the time, but they are in the trunk for when the bum needs a new position. I also carry an AirHawk for the same reason. Have had mine for almost ten years.

I am a leather merchant from days gone by. Natural sheepskin is the way to go. It acts as an insulator as well as a comfort item. Faux sheepskin will mat down and not give you the comfort or longevity of the real McCoy. The savings in cost will be lost in the benefits you give up.

Back in my leather merchant days we sold both sheepskin car covers as well as having a custom motorcycle seat program. I had a beauty made for my 84 Venture. Burgandy, to match the bike. Got lots of sales, looks, and compliments off that one.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red