Spyder Garage

Default Voltage meter and clock

I just bought a voltage meter and clock to mount on my 2015 RTS Spyder from Glowshift where my current fuel gauge & temp gauge are. I think the voltage meter only requires a switched 12 Volt and ground (2 wires) but the clock needs a switched and constant 12 volt and a ground (3 wires). Can somebody please tell me if all the wires that I need are behind the dash and if so, what colored wires are what? Thanks

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

the switched wires are behind the dash and they are hooked to the gauges you are about to remove. Finless Bob has a video on installing the volt meter,it is very simple. As to the clock you may have to to bring a constant line up from your battery.
    BTW what closck did you get?

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

I bought the Glowshift Model GS-C718 clock gauge

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ex-Rocket View Post
    I just bought a voltage meter and clock to mount on my 2015 RTS Spyder from Glowshift where my current fuel gauge & temp gauge are. I think the voltage meter only requires a switched 12 Volt and ground (2 wires) but the clock needs a switched and constant 12 volt and a ground (3 wires). Can somebody please tell me if all the wires that I need are behind the dash and if so, what colored wires are what? Thanks
    The orange with red wires, two for each gauge, are switched power. Black with violet is ground. There is no full time power wire connected to the gauges. That is if the 2015 wire colors are the same as 2014, which they probably are.

It would be worth the $25 to $30 to buy a copy of the service manual. It has a wiring diagram in it. Full time power wires are scattered around under the tupperware but they vary in color. Go to canammanuals.com.
    Last edited by IdahoMtnSpyder; 10-25-2016 at 07:12 PM.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Just remember that a wired clock is a constant (although minimal) drain on your battery.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Something to keep in mind with the Glow Shift gauges. They are not water proof or water resistant. After replacing a couple of times because they got rained on, I just went back to the stock gauges.