Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Aracknoid View Post
    Jim, I just bought a 2013 ST in Sept. low miles and an extended warranty, great machine. I have changed a few things.e.g., Seat(Ultimate, ebay 1/3 cost of new), front and rear tires. The front tires are Federal and the rear is a Kuhmo. The difference is night and day, runnin 20 psi front and 26 psi in the rear.

I rode to eastern Tenneesee about 1100 miles, used about 3/4 qt of oil averaged around 35mpg, great ride.

Items added: BRP fog lights, custom dynamics led package and BRP did the "Good Will" heat deversion, at no costs.

I am sure you will like the unit.

Good Luck
    Cool, I'll take a look at those tires.

My wife is loving it so far, especially as I keep adding farkles. Still on the list are a set of driving lights. I already have the comfort seat, which is very good.

Thanks,
    Jim

2013 ST-S (wife's)
    2015 BMW R1200GS (mine)
    1981 Yamaha XS400 Scrambler Custom (mine)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by youngers View Post
    holy cow ! look at all the stuff hanging , and inside the machine !!! any parts left over ...
    Two screws, but the kit came sith some, so I figure I am good.
    Jim

2013 ST-S (wife's)
    2015 BMW R1200GS (mine)

Spyder Garage

Default 2013 ST

Quote Originally Posted by JimVonBaden View Post
    Cool, I'll take a look at those tires.

My wife is loving it so far, especially as I keep adding farkles. Still on the list are a set of driving lights. I already have the comfort seat, which is very good.

Thanks,
    Note, if you have not added the heat reducing panels, do it. This is a "Good Will" move on BRP part. The panels make the 2013 look like a 2014. Your dealer can request the panels, time line about two weeks. Costs: $0.00.

Good Luck

Spyder Garage

Note, if you have not added the heat reducing panels, do it. This is a "Good Will" move on BRP part. The panels make the 2013 look like a 2014. Your dealer can request the panels, time line about two weeks. Costs: $0.00.

Good Luck
    Thanks, they have already been done by the PO.
    Jim

2013 ST-S (wife's)
    2015 BMW R1200GS (mine)

Spyder Garage

Another question. Who sells nose protection for the ST? My wife's leading edge catches the driveway nearly every time. A metal skid plate would solve it. Does anyone make this, or do I need to do it myself?
    Jim

2013 ST-S (wife's)
    2015 BMW R1200GS (mine)

Spyder Garage

Another question. Who sells nose protection for the ST? My wife's leading edge catches the driveway nearly every time. A metal skid plate would solve it. Does anyone make this, or do I need to do it myself?
    Spyderpops (a sponsor here) sells a better bumpskid.
    Trb-- (Roger)

2014 Cognac STL:Ultimate Seat, Nelson Rigg Tail Pack, Nelson Rigg RS/ST Half Cover, TL fender lights, Squared Away Laser Alignment, BajaRon sway bar and links, Akropovic Sport Silencer
    2022 White Pearl F3T
    Gone but not forgotten: 2019 F3S Special Series Liquid Titanium

Spyder States Visited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Trbayth View Post
    Spyderpops (a sponsor here) sells a better bumpskid.
    Thanks, I didn't see them in the Supporting Vendor section!
    Jim

2013 ST-S (wife's)
    2015 BMW R1200GS (mine)

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thanks, I didn't see them in the Supporting Vendor section!

http://spyderpops.com/
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

My wife's leading edge catches the driveway nearly every time.
    Remember, the bumpskid will lower the front end at least an inch. Try approaching the driveway/road at an angle, both coming and going. This way you won't mess up your new bumpskid.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Copperman View Post
    Remember, the bumpskid will lower the front end at least an inch. Try approaching the driveway/road at an angle, both coming and going. This way you won't mess up your new bumpskid.
    That is one of my fears. I may have to look at a different option, maybe home brewed.

This is our driveway:

It doesn't look steep, but my car touches too. As you can see it is on a 4 lane road that has heavy traffic at times, so often you are turning left not only going faster than you might want, but the angle isn't the best.
    Jim

2013 ST-S (wife's)
    2015 BMW R1200GS (mine)

Spyder Garage

That is one of my fears. I may have to look at a different option, maybe home brewed. It doesn't look steep, but my car touches too. As you can see it is on a 4 lane road that has heavy traffic at times, so often you are turning left not only going faster than you might want, but the angle isn't the best.
    Your driveway is plenty wide to pull in on an angle. It also appears to be wide enough to turn around so you're pulling out in traffic (on an angle). Try it, you'll like it.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Copperman View Post
    Your driveway is plenty wide to pull in on an angle. It also appears to be wide enough to turn around so you're pulling out in traffic (on an angle). Try it, you'll like it.
    Pulling out is not the problem, pulling in is. If there is no traffic, very rare, it is fine, but usually we have to move quickly while watching our back. It isn't easy living on a busy 4 lane street. There are literally accidents in front of my house every week.

Anyhow, do you have actual suggestions on protection for the front lip?
    Jim

2013 ST-S (wife's)
    2015 BMW R1200GS (mine)

Spyder Garage

Default 2013 sts

Hey Jim
    I have the same machine. Lots of fun, you definitely need the bajaron swaybar. Will cut down on the wandering from cross winds and semis plus big difference on cornering. Mine didn't run well until after the second computer upgrade. Enjoy
    Paul

Spyder Garage

That is one of my fears. I may have to look at a different option, maybe home brewed.

This is our driveway:

It doesn't look steep, but my car touches too. As you can see it is on a 4 lane road that has heavy traffic at times, so often you are turning left not only going faster than you might want, but the angle isn't the best.
    NICE HOUSE!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
    Hey Jim
    I have the same machine. Lots of fun, you definitely need the bajaron swaybar. Will cut down on the wandering from cross winds and semis plus big difference on cornering. Mine didn't run well until after the second computer upgrade. Enjoy
    Paul
    Hi Paul,

What computer upgrade are you referring to?

Thanks,
    Jim

2013 ST-S (wife's)
    2015 BMW R1200GS (mine)

Spyder Garage

I don't know about an ECM upgrade, I picked my 2013 ST-S up in May 2015. It was new, just a left over, I have not had any dealer shop work done since I picked mine up.
    But, I have no complaints about how my Spyder runs, it runs great!!! Oops, I forgot, I did have the BajaRon sway bar and billet links installed and a laser alignment done at a dealer's shop nearby home. Dealer I purchased from is 105 miles from home, the other one is 35 miles away. Oh, I also had the 2014 vented side panels installed.
    Jim, If your Spyder does not have the BajaRon sway bar and links installed, you may want to consider it. This vastly improves the handling of the Spyder, it feels like a different machine!!! The factory links are plastic, the BajaRon links are billet aluminum, much better!!!!
    Current ride: 2013 Circuit Yellow ST-S SE5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ingramwc View Post
    I don't know about an ECM upgrade, I picked my 2013 ST-S up in May 2015. It was new, just a left over, I have not had any dealer shop work done since I picked mine up.
    But, I have no complaints about how my Spyder runs, it runs great!!! Oops, I forgot, I did have the BajaRon sway bar and billet links installed and a laser alignment done at a dealer's shop nearby home. Dealer I purchased from is 105 miles from home, the other one is 35 miles away. Oh, I also had the 2014 vented side panels installed.
    Jim, If your Spyder does not have the BajaRon sway bar and links installed, you may want to consider it. This vastly improves the handling of the Spyder, it feels like a different machine!!! The factory links are plastic, the BajaRon links are billet aluminum, much better!!!!
    Thanks. I have the Fox adjustable shocks and sway bar. How much better is the Baja Rod Sway bar?

I do have the updated side panels.

Jim

2013 ST-S (wife's)
    2015 BMW R1200GS (mine)

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=JimVonBaden;1203589 Anyhow, do you have actual suggestions on protection for the front lip?[/QUOTE]

Other than the bumpskid, no.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Default wear bar

http://www.bigbikeparts.com/template...9&GroupGuid=78

might help.. make sure to get correct one for your year spyder

Spyder Garage

Default front protection

Pulling out is not the problem, pulling in is. If there is no traffic, very rare, it is fine, but usually we have to move quickly while watching our back. It isn't easy living on a busy 4 lane street. There are literally accidents in front of my house every week.

Anyhow, do you have actual suggestions on protection for the front lip?
    Jim, I have had very good luck with UHMW poly, cheap, easy to work with. Mount the poly under the lip and secure with a couple of small screws,(wood screws work well due to the large thread form). the ploy will move if it is struck with the drive way paving and slide over it. Works for me, does no good if you run intp a parking lot bumpers, don't ask how I know.

Good Luck

Spyder Garage

Jim, I have had very good luck with UHMW poly, cheap, easy to work with. Mount the poly under the lip and secure with a couple of small screws,(wood screws work well due to the large thread form). the ploy will move if it is struck with the drive way paving and slide over it. Works for me, does no good if you run intp a parking lot bumpers, don't ask how I know.

Good Luck
    Good info. I was thinking something like that. Maybe with some thin SS or Titanium strips as slider attached. Hmmmm, new mod to do !
    Jim

2013 ST-S (wife's)
    2015 BMW R1200GS (mine)

Spyder Garage

Thanks Derk, how do these turn on? Are they light sensored, assuming the batteries are good?
    Hi Jim,

Just passing through and did a search and saw your post from October, Did you ever get a solution for your Glo Ryder wheel lights? If not let me know at sales@gloryder.com and we will take care of you

Will

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GloRyder View Post
    Hi Jim,

Just passing through and did a search and saw your post from October, Did you ever get a solution for your Glo Ryder wheel lights? If not let me know at sales@gloryder.com and we will take care of you

Will
    Hi Will,

I found that I need a remote. The original owner is looking for it, but if he doesn't find it I will give you a shout!

Thanks,
    Jim

2013 ST-S (wife's)
    2015 BMW R1200GS (mine)

Spyder Garage

Default non-Givi ST panniers?

Oh, and I ordered a set of panniers for it, not GIVI, so we shall see how they work.

Would you share what brand panniers you selected and how they're working for you?
    Thanks,
    Pete
    Pete Tamblyn
    Cleveland, GA

2020 F3 Limited (black)

Time Out XL1800 cargo trailer

2019 Royal Enfield 650 Interceptor
    2018 Kawasaki Versys-X 300

2013 ST (sold)
    2015 F3-S SOLD
    2014 RT-Limited (cognac) SOLD

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by motoswami View Post
    Would you share what brand panniers you selected and how they're working for you?
    Thanks,
    Pete
    Hi Pete, I used these, then made custom mounts. The mounts that come with them work, but are universal mounts. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Detachable-H...19.m1438.l2649

Jim

2013 ST-S (wife's)
    2015 BMW R1200GS (mine)