Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Texas Trike Reunion

The 2017 Texas Trike Reunion will be held April 20-22, 2017 in Kerrville, TX. More information will be posted later. Make you plans early. All trikes are welcome.

Last edited by Mr. White; 10-26-2016 at 05:06 PM.

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.

Spyder Garage

4 Days before Spyderfest??? cutting it kind of close

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yes, Joe. We have found there are no "good" dates in the April, early May time frame.....as there are many events. I post here to inform my Spyder friends, but most of the attendees are Gold Wing trikes.....this is open to all trikes and we hope it gives the people a nice rally and we also will get the "hard core" who will attend both events. Hope to see you.....

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Received from John Bourg.

Hey George,

Here's what we have so far.

The 2017 Texas Trike Reunion will be April 20th-22nd in Kerrville Texas.

With a lot of help from my friends we've blocked out rooms at the Super8 in Kerrville call 830-896-1511 to make your reservations, mention "TTR" to get our group rate, $75/per night.We'll be on the other side of the hotel this year so make sure you get your room on the back corner closest to the Dairy Queen.

George, I'm putting the daily events together, they are looking pretty much like last year. I'll have them to you tomorrow.
    Thanks for all your help.
    John

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thursday April 20th 2017

Lunch in Llano at Cooper’s, from Jim Bourg.

We’ll meet in the back parking lot of the YO Ranch, about a quarter of a mile West of the Super 8 on Highway 16. We’ll leave from the YO Ranch at 9:00AM and ride to Luckenbach for a short stop. We’ll make a short comfort stop on the way to Luckenbach in Comfort. From Comfort we’ll head to the Old Tunnel State Park for another brief stop then on to Luckenbach. We should reach Luckenbach around 11:00AM. From Luckenbach we’ll head on to lunch at Cooper’s in Llano arriving around 1:30PM. After lunch it’s an open ride to where ever you’d like to go. Join up with some old friends or new ones and have a great afternoon.

More information to follow on Friday’s lunch ride.

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA

Spyder Garage

We made reservations to attend this year. Looking forward to it.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cognac View Post
    The 2017 Texas Trike Reunion will be held April 20-22, 2017 in Kerrville, TX. More information will be posted later. Make you plans early. All trikes are welcome.

Would like to be there, George, but wife and I will be in Ireland at that time.
    I also have a cognac 2014 RTL which I rode in 2015 Rolling thunder with a group from Boerne led by someone you may know: Mike Godwin of Hill Country H.O.G.
    If you know him, say hi to Mike for me. We are still just youngsters at about 73-74 years of age and are retired Navy guys.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2017 TEXAS TRIKE REUNION
    The Texas Trike Reunion will be held April 20-22 in Kerrville, TX. Kerrville is 75 miles northwest of San Antonio on IH10W, at the northeastern edge of the "hill country". We have some of the nicest roads to ride and we get a lot of compliments. Many will stay at the Super 8 Motel (830-896-1511). The Super 8 is on Hwy 16, ¼ mile south of IH10W, exit 508. Other motels are the Holiday Inn Express and the Best Western. Contact them at 830-895-9500. Tell them you are with the TTR for a possible better rate. On Wednesday afternoon (April 19), we sit around and visit with friends. There are no strangers

This is not a rally. It is a trike reunion and is open to all trikers (and a couple of two wheelers). We have no vendors or sales booths. No money is required....it is a loose group. We meet, ride and eat. Each person is responsible for their own expenses and safety. This is not a sponsored event. CB Ch. 14 for this reunion.

Schedule of events: Not really...however those who come in on Wednesday can ride with us on Thursday morning to Llano to meet the folks who come in on Thursday, the 20th. We will meet those coming in from the north at Cooper's BBQ in Llano @ 1:30 for lunch and then on to K'ville. (Cooper’s is four blocks west of Hwy 16 on Hwy 29)
    Most plans are made in the parking lot of the motel or at the continental breakfast in the lobby
    On Thursday morning, we will depart at 0900 from the Y O Ranch Resort Motel parking lot. (one block south of the Motel 8, north west corner) and go to Luckenbach, the Willow City Loop and then to Llano for BBQ.

On Friday @ 0900 let’s meet at Mansfield Park, 2 miles north of Bandera on Hwy. 16. After some photos, we head for the hills via Hwy 337, west of Medina. We will stop in Leakey at the Frio Canyon Motorcycle Stop for PR and then to Concan and lunch at Neal's Cafe. After lunch, an open ride in the hills with whomever you wish. We will email you Neal’s menu and collect your order in mid April. We will call in the orders so they have enough food on hand for our group. The reason we use Neal’s is it is large enough to accommodate our large group, they have good food and it is a great ride.
    Saturday, the 22th, there will be a BBQ.

Last edited by Mr. White; 04-05-2017 at 09:50 AM.

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA

Spyder Garage

Default Ditto....

I answered the other post....haven't changed my mind....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Gene had posted on another site that the Texas Trike Reunion was a "no nothing" rally. I respond here so he better understands we are just a bunch of trikers who enjoy a small gathering, riding and eating. George

Gene, We started out about eight years ago with five or six of local trikers riding in the hill country southwest of Kerrville. We made it as simple as possible. No vendors, no money, just ride and eat. Several years ago we had 70+ trikers attend. With the increase in rallies and more trikes/Spyders on the road folks have several to pick from during April. I guess we are a "no nothing" rally (gathering) but many return each year and we do have good time "in the hills". We ride the same routes each year and we always see new sights that we missed last year. Stopping at Luckenbach is popular and well known. We are low key and just a good group of folks visiting old friends and welcoming new ones. Ya'all come down, hear.

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA

Spyder Garage

Default Newbie

Hi, I just bought my Spyder yesterday, but live in the Leon Springs area so the trip to Kerrville might be a fun trip. Would it be cool to attend just part of this event and maybe join in on one of the rides?

Thanks

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Spider-man;1233962]Hi, I just bought my Spyder yesterday, but live in the Leon Springs area so the trip to Kerrville might be a fun trip. Would it be cool to attend just part of this event and maybe join in on one of the rides?

Thanks[/QUOTE

Sure. I live just outside of Boerne and meet the group on Thursday at the Y.O. Ranch motel and ride with them to Llano. We leave there at 0900 sharp so come a little early and visit with the other Spyders. Again, I meet the group on Friday at Bandera Mansfield park and ride with them to Concan. We meet there at 0900 for photos and visiting, then depart at 0930. I don't stay at the motel in Kerrville at night as I am only 30 miles from the Y.O. Email me if you have more questions.

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Mr. Cognac;1233973]
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-man View Post
    Hi, I just bought my Spyder yesterday, but live in the Leon Springs area so the trip to Kerrville might be a fun trip. Would it be cool to attend just part of this event and maybe join in on one of the rides?

Thanks[/QUOTE

Sure. I live just outside of Boerne and meet the group on Thursday at the Y.O. Ranch motel and ride with them to Llano. We leave there at 0900 sharp so come a little early and visit with the other Spyders. Again, I meet the group on Friday at Bandera Mansfield park and ride with them to Concan. We meet there at 0900 for photos and visiting, then depart at 0930. I don't stay at the motel in Kerrville at night as I am only 30 miles from the Y.O. Email me if you have more questions.

Cool, thanks! I'll let you know what I work out. I'm not sure about Thursday, but Coopers (the Llano location) is one of my favorite places!
    Last edited by Spider-man; 03-12-2017 at 08:32 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Spider-man;1234144]

Cool, thanks! I'll let you know what I work out. I'm not sure about Thursday, but Coopers (the Llano location) is one of my favorite places!

Send me an email with your name and phone number. I may have some Spyder info you might be interested in. Send to: scoot62@aol.com Put Spyder in the subject. I don't open emails I don't know something about.

Last edited by Mr. White; 03-16-2017 at 10:48 AM.

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Mr. Cognac;1235388]

Send me an email with your name and phone number. I may have some Spyder info you might be interested in. Send to: scoot62@aol.com Put Spyder in the subject. I don't open emails I don't know something about.

Email sent...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Spider-man;1235393]

Email sent...

Doug and I met up and he joined our Hill Country Road Riders group for a ride and is now a member. Good ending.

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Mr. Cognac;1238523]

Doug and I met up and he joined our Hill Country Road Riders group for a ride and is now a member. Good ending.

Yes! Had a great ride with these guys and I hear some other members are getting into Spyders as well! Many good miles ahead.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Spider-man;1238538][QUOTE=Mr. Cognac;1238523]

Yes! Had a great ride with these guys and I hear some other members are getting into Spyders as well! Many good miles ahead.[/QUOTE

Doug, one member got his F3 this week and another will get his Tuesday. That will be six Spyders in our group. See ya next Saturday.

Apr. 1: Lakehills, La Cabana Mexican Café. Depart Hwy. 281 Exxon Station @ 0830. (six miles north of Loop 1604 on Hwy. 281)

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Mr. Cognac;1238861][QUOTE=Spider-man;1238538]

Yes! Had a great ride with these guys and I hear some other members are getting into Spyders as well! Many good miles ahead.[/QUOTE

Doug, one member got his F3 this week and another will get his Tuesday. That will be six Spyders in our group. See ya next Saturday.

Apr. 1: Lakehills, La Cabana Mexican Café. Depart Hwy. 281 Exxon Station @ 0830. (six miles north of Loop 1604 on Hwy. 281)

That's great! See you then.

Spyder Garage

We plan to meet up with you in Luckenbach and having awesome BBQ at Cooper's. Thanks for planning this!
    Thursday April 20th 2017

Lunch in Llano at Cooper’s, from Jim Bourg.

We’ll meet in the back parking lot of the YO Ranch, about a quarter of a mile West of the Super 8 on Highway 16. We’ll leave from the YO Ranch at 9:00AM and ride to Luckenbach for a short stop. We’ll make a short comfort stop on the way to Luckenbach in Comfort. From Comfort we’ll head to the Old Tunnel State Park for another brief stop then on to Luckenbach. We should reach Luckenbach around 11:00AM. From Luckenbach we’ll head on to lunch at Cooper’s in Llano arriving around 1:30PM. After lunch it’s an open ride to where ever you’d like to go. Join up with some old friends or new ones and have a great afternoon.

More information to follow on Friday’s lunch ride.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dlsmith View Post
    We plan to meet up with you in Luckenbach and having awesome BBQ at Cooper's. Thanks for planning this!
    ​Real good. We should be there around 1015-1030 or so.

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Here is the Friday lunch menu. Please send me your selections NLT Tuesday, April 18.

Hey George,
    Here's what I just posted on the FB page.
    Time to place our Lunch orders for Neal's on Friday.
    Here's the menu:
    Post back how many of what. Please keep the chatter down on this thread I have to go back and count ;-}
    Fried Fish is 11.95
    Burger 8.99 or 9.49 cheese burger with French fries
    Salads 10.95 grilled or crispy
    5oz Chicken Fried Steak 10.99
    7oz Chicken Fried Steak 12.99.

Have a Great Day!
    John

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA

Spyder Garage

Here is the Friday lunch menu. Please send me your selections NLT Tuesday, April 18.

Hey George,
    Here's the menu:
    Post back how many of what. Please keep the chatter down on this thread I have to go back and count ;-}
    Fried Fish is 11.95

Have a Great Day!
    John

Put
    Louise and I down for 2 grilled chicken salads.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Default lets ride

2017 TEXAS TRIKE REUNION
    The Texas Trike Reunion will be held April 20-22 in Kerrville, TX. Kerrville is 75 miles northwest of San Antonio on IH10W, at the northeastern edge of the "hill country". We have some of the nicest roads to ride and we get a lot of compliments. Many will stay at the Super 8 Motel (830-896-1511). The Super 8 is on Hwy 16, ¼ mile south of IH10W, exit 508. Other motels are the Holiday Inn Express and the Best Western. Contact them at 830-895-9500. Tell them you are with the TTR for a possible better rate. On Wednesday afternoon (April 19), we sit around and visit with friends. There are no strangers

This is not a rally. It is a trike reunion and is open to all trikers (and a couple of two wheelers). We have no vendors or sales booths. No money is required....it is a loose group. We meet, ride and eat. Each person is responsible for their own expenses and safety. This is not a sponsored event. CB Ch. 14 for this reunion.

Schedule of events: Not really...however those who come in on Wednesday can ride with us on Thursday morning to Llano to meet the folks who come in on Thursday, the 20th. We will meet those coming in from the north at Cooper's BBQ in Llano @ 1:30 for lunch and then on to K'ville. (Cooper’s is four blocks west of Hwy 16 on Hwy 29)
    Most plans are made in the parking lot of the motel or at the continental breakfast in the lobby
    On Thursday morning, we will depart at 0900 from the Y O Ranch Resort Motel parking lot. (one block south of the Motel 8, north west corner) and go to Luckenbach, the Willow City Loop and then to Llano for BBQ.

On Friday @ 0900 let’s meet at Mansfield Park, 2 miles north of Bandera on Hwy. 16. After some photos, we head for the hills via Hwy 337, west of Medina. We will stop in Leakey at the Frio Canyon Motorcycle Stop for PR and then to Concan and lunch at Neal's Cafe. After lunch, an open ride in the hills with whomever you wish. We will email you Neal’s menu and collect your order in mid April. We will call in the orders so they have enough food on hand for our group. The reason we use Neal’s is it is large enough to accommodate our large group, they have good food and it is a great ride.
    Saturday, the 22th, there will be a BBQ.

see you at yo ranch ,coming in from Galveston Paul @ Donna

Spyder Garage

Grilled salad for me.

Hey George,
    Here's the menu:
    Fried Fish is 11.95

Have a Great Day!
    John