Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Fog light recommendations - 2016 F3T

Good evening! I am looking for LED fog light recommendations on our 2016 F3T. Thanks in advance.
    ~Laurie

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Mark & Laurie - we have crabs and a Spyder - 2016 F3T-SE6

Very Active Member armyspydervet's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Lamonster Garage...second to none
    Chris

2016 F3-T SE6

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by crabbylady66 View Post
    Good evening! I am looking for LED fog light recommendations on our 2016 F3T. Thanks in advance.
    ~Laurie

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I, too, have to say Lamonsters Garage.

If you're going to get his LED fog lights, do yourself a favor and change out your headlights to LED's too. You'll kick yourself in the butt if you don't.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Another vote for Lamonster's flame-throwers!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Lamonster LED headlights and Foglights....nothing better IMHO !
    " Fat people are harder to kidnap "

2015 RTS-SE6 Circuit Yellow
    Akrapovic Exhaust - BajaRon Sway bar
    Rivco rear Trunk Rack
    Lamonster LED Head Lights - LED Fog Lights
    Spyder Cuff - Hwy Pegs
    Ultimate Midrider Seat w/ Yellow Trim - Rear Armrests
    Spyderpops Bumpskid with LED - Full view Turn Signal
    R/T Front grill Inserts
    3rd Brake light - Saddle bad LED
    Baker Built Air Wings
    Doc's Spring Stiffeners - Vibration Dampener
    TRICLED underground LED'S

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

You can't have too many lights. And if you do, they should be the good stuff. These are them.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Have both the LED foglights and the LED headlights from Lamonster! Awesome!
    Last edited by reissooz; 10-28-2016 at 06:16 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Combination

If you are going with the Lamonster lights, add the Fog Rings and the BRP heat shields. The Rings add a lot of light and visual effect and the heat shields give a nice finished appearance for an additional twenty bucks. The combination of the fog lights and rings pretty much fill the holes in the heat shields. You might as well do it all at the same time since you will have the tupperware off anyway. I left the factory headlights in place, since the two colors of light seem to be more visible than four lights of the same color during the day. I may change out the headlights when one burns out.

Spyder Garage

Here is another option: Tricled LED Halo Fog Lights. Dual function: White LED running lights and amber turn signals. Had these installed at Red Rock Rally recently and very pleased.

Spyder Garage

Default Heat shields

Quote Originally Posted by CA Railwhale View Post
    If you are going with the Lamonster lights, add the Fog Rings and the BRP heat shields. The Rings add a lot of light and visual effect and the heat shields give a nice finished appearance for an additional twenty bucks. The combination of the fog lights and rings pretty much fill the holes in the heat shields. You might as well do it all at the same time since you will have the tupperware off anyway. I left the factory headlights in place, since the two colors of light seem to be more visible than four lights of the same color during the day. I may change out the headlights when one burns out.

Where re would we find the heat shields? Do they come in the kit with led fog lights?

Spyder Garage

Default Heat Shields

Quote Originally Posted by Gsebring View Post
    Where re would we find the heat shields? Do they come in the kit with led fog lights?
    Just order them from your Spyder dealer, they are less than ten bucks each including tax in California. They replace the blanks for the fog light installation. Some people have cut out the blanks, but for twenty bucks I liked the factory finish better. (I tried the other route using a hole saw, but wasn't happy with the holes and sanpped one of the blanks in half when the hole saw grabbed).
    Last edited by CA Railwhale; 10-28-2016 at 02:48 PM. Reason: spelling correction

Spyder Garage

Just order them from your Spyder dealer, they are less than ten bucks each including tax in California. They replace the blanks for the fog light installation. Some people have cut out the blanks, but for twenty bucks I liked the factory finish better. (I tried the other route using a hole saw, but wasn't happy with the holes and sanpped one of the blanks in half when the hole saw grabbed).
    Will the heat shields work with Lamaonts LED fog lights?

Also, I just looked in the 2016 accessories catalog and could not find the heat shields. Any idea of the part number?
    Last edited by Copperman; 10-28-2016 at 03:27 PM.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Default Heat shields

Quote Originally Posted by Copperman View Post
    Will the heat shields work with Lamaonts LED fog lights?

Also, I just looked in the 2016 accessories catalog and could not find the heat shields. Any idea of the part number?
    I have both the Lamonster Fog Lights and Fog Rings and together they just about perfectly fill the holes in the heat shields. The Fog Lights alone will leave about a 3/8s inch gap in the holes of the heat shields. I looked up the parts number for the heat shields for you, in the 2016 model, they are under Body and Accessories-general. They are item 119, the parts numbers are 705008995 (Left Hand) and 705008996 (Right Hand) They are easier to find in the 2015 drawing, since they are listed under faring parts. The parts number is the same for 2015 and 2016 models. Good luck with your mods.
    Last edited by CA Railwhale; 10-28-2016 at 04:07 PM.

Spyder Garage

I have both the Lamonster Fog Lights and Fog Rings and together they just about perfectly fill the holes in the heat shields. The Fog Lights alone will leave about a 3/8s inch gap in the holes of the heat shields. I looked up the parts number for the heat shields for you, in the 2016 model, they are under Body and Accessories-general. They are item 119, the parts numbers are 705008995 (Left Hand) and 705008996 (Right Hand) They are easier to find in the 2015 drawing, since they are listed under faring parts. The parts number is the same for 2015 and 2016 models. Good luck with your mods.
    Here some photos
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Thanks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Default Lights

Pics don't do then justic, just installed the fog lights with halo ring and headlights. They are blinding bright. Lamonster shipped fast and had them in 3 day. Very happy with there products.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by reissooz View Post
    Have both the LED foglights and the LED headlights from Lamonster! Awesome!

Ditto for me....They are the best, I have both too.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Lamonster Garage is the best place for all of your spyder needs.
    Bought Lamonster LED fog light and Amber blinking turn signal rings that mount on the fog light bezels. and LED headlight kit and Jacob installed them for me while I was at Lamonster Garage,
    Awesome product and the amount of light produced is way better than stock headlights and fog light kit.