Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default 2016 F3 Handlebar Bolt Question for Mounting "Perfect Squeeze" iPhone Holder

I plan to mount the "Perfect Squeeze" Phone holder on my F3. I need to remove one of the handle bolts and replace with a slightly longer one so it will allow for the mount. My questions are:
    What is the bolt hex size so I can remove?
    What are the dimensions of the exsiting bolt as I want to ensure I am replacing with the correct thread size?
    Are the bolts sizes on the Spyder standard like other motorcycles? I think the standard is M8.
    When I put the new bolt back what are the ft lbs of torque needed?
    Do I need to uses any Locktite?

Thank you all for your assistance

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I just happen to be looking at brp handlebar instructions, giving bolt sizes etc.

go to www.instructions.brp.com and search for part number 219400547 (or 545, 548, 550 all the same) and it should answer everything ...

Spyder Garage

I had to get a longer bolt to fit my F3-L power plate. Just on the off chance, JT not hopeful, I took it to a nuts and bolts guy in my little local town and asked "do you have one of these but a half inch longer? " he took one look and said "yep"......disappeared out the back and returned with a couple in stainless, high tensile black and galvanised....you could have knocked me over with a feather. Sorry, but I don't have a clue what size, but they obviously aren't that uncommon
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Default Try this..

Allen head wrenches come in sets and you can get some very inexpensive . pull out the bolt you are replacing, most likely 8x1.50 mm and run down to the hardware store and have them match you up a bolt a bit longer to compensate for the added space. Loctite if you have it you'll be fine if you don't remove the rest of the bolts. torque you can look up but snugged up plus 1/4 to 1/2 turn more will do..just the way I would do this...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Toolguy View Post
    I plan to mount the "Perfect Squeeze" Phone holder on my F3. I need to remove one of the handle bolts and replace with a slightly longer one so it will allow for the mount. My questions are:
    What is the bolt hex size so I can remove?
    What are the dimensions of the exsiting bolt as I want to ensure I am replacing with the correct thread size?
    Are the bolts sizes on the Spyder standard like other motorcycles? I think the standard is M8.
    When I put the new bolt back what are the ft lbs of torque needed?
    Do I need to uses any Locktite?

Thank you all for your assistance
    The hex key you need is 7mm.
    From memory, I think the bolt size is M10X40mm, just take the bolt out and measure it.
    The torque is 28Nm or 21ft-lb
    You don't need to use Locktite, but you should clean the bolt and the hole of the old Locktite with a tap and die so you can apply the correct torque.

You can also get RamMount conversion kit like this: http://www.motogps.com.au/ultimatead...lamp-bolt-kit/