Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default RS rider finally test rides an F3

Okay I finally hit my dealer up for a test ride on a F3. I resisted it until now, I didn't like the seating position and didn't think it would be as good my RS. Boy was I wrong, I really liked it except for the semi-auto transmission, definitely would go with the manual like my RS. The seating position did turn out to be comfortable and didn't feel that much like a cruiser to me. The lower center of gravity made it corner excellent and the ride was smoother than my RS. Now for the engine, wow the low end torque is awesome, I drove it on wet roads and I had to be careful because it broke the rear wheel loose easy at any speed. Overall it's probably not faster than my RS, but boy that low end torque is fun! So my dealer has a brand new 2015 black/chrome F3s in the crate for $18,000. There's basically no difference between the 2015 and 2016 F3 SM6 correct? Waiting to hear what he will give me on a trade for my RS. Might be an F3 rider in the near future!
    Last edited by 3 wheeler; 10-22-2016 at 08:26 PM.
    2020 CAN-AM Spyder F3-S Special Series (sold)

2022 CAN-AM Ryker Rally 900

Spyder Garage

Default SAME

your reactions are the same as mine were in Feb. of 2015.....
    i now have over 28,000 miles of smiles on my F3-S and still get a thrill every time i jump on her....
    that $18K is a gr8 price, many thousands under what i paid....
    best of luck, and if you do buy, enjoy every minute on her as i do....
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    your reactions are the same as mine were in Feb. of 2015.....
    i now have over 28,000 miles of smiles on my F3-S and still get a thrill every time i jump on her....
    that $18K is a gr8 price, many thousands under what i paid....
    best of luck, and if you do buy, enjoy every minute on her as i do....
    SPYD3R
    Thanks SPYD3R that's great to hear!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 3 wheeler View Post
    Okay I finally hit my dealer up for a test ride on a F3. I resisted it until now, I didn't like the seating position and didn't think it would be as good my RS. Boy was I wrong, I really liked it except for the semi-auto transmission, definitely would go with the manual like my RS. The seating position did turn out to be comfortable and didn't feel that much like a cruiser to me. The lower center of gravity made it corner excellent and the ride was smoother than my RS. Now for the engine, wow the low end torque is awesome, I drove it on wet roads and I had to be careful because it broke the rear wheel loose easy at any speed. Overall it's probably not faster than my RS, but boy that low end torque is fun! So my dealer has a brand new 2015 black/chrome F3s in the crate for $18,000. There's basically no difference between the 2015 and 2016 F3 SM6 correct? Waiting to hear what he will give me on a trade for my RS. Might be an F3 rider in the near future!
    If you do make them fit you Perfectly for the machine before you buy and Have them Put the Vacuum assist Clutch on before because the 2015 Clutch was a Pain In the Knee to pull and they put the vacuum assist on mine under warranty and its Great. I had 35,000 on my GS when I traded and the F3 is Superb and Grows on you over time!!!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    If you do make them fit you Perfectly for the machine before you buy and Have them Put the Vacuum assist Clutch on before because the 2015 Clutch was a Pain In the Knee to pull and they put the vacuum assist on mine under warranty and its Great. I had 35,000 on my GS when I traded and the F3 is Superb and Grows on you over time!!!
    Thanks for the info! Glad to hear another former RS rider is happy with the F3.

Spyder Garage

Default Me 2

Had a 2011 RSS put 13500 miles on. Now a 2015 F3s, bit less than 3000 miles yet but couldn't be happier :-)

Spyder Garage

Default Turn coats.....

Glad you found that it fit you so well. Looks like you will be joining the ranks here soon.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Thanks everyone, as long as he calls me back and gives me a fair trade in price for my 2011 RS, it will be mine soon!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good luck with the negotiations!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Good luck with the negotiations!
    Thanks!

Spyder Garage

This time of Year is tough on trade-ins because there Not Selling like Hotcakes? My dealer gave me $7,000 for my 09 GS with 35,000 (Sep 2015) which was KBB trade-in at the time BUT he Sold it quickly for the Same price to someone in Virginia who Traveled up to CT to pick it up? He wasn,t interested in keeping it on the lot and making more $$ His goal was dump it as Quick as Possible for Cash to offset my New purchase . Spyder sales are Not Great in New England so don,t expect Top Dollar trade in this time of Year???

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    This time of Year is tough on trade-ins because there Not Selling like Hotcakes? My dealer gave me $7,000 for my 09 GS with 35,000 (Sep 2015) which was KBB trade-in at the time BUT he Sold it quickly for the Same price to someone in Virginia who Traveled up to CT to pick it up? He wasn,t interested in keeping it on the lot and making more $$ His goal was dump it as Quick as Possible for Cash to offset my New purchase . Spyder sales are Not Great in New England so don,t expect Top Dollar trade in this time of Year???
    Yeah my dealer basically told me the same thing, not a great time of the year to take in a Spyder on trade but he does have leftover 15's that he doesn't want to sit on all winter either. I do have another thing going for me, my wife and I are definitely their best customers over the years and have spent a lot of money there (I'd be embarrassed to tell you the number of machines I've bought there lol ). He already gave me a good price for the F3, hoping he does okay on my trade.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default shopping

I think i would shop around, even in a diff state. I've had my f=3 for almost a year. I paid $16,400
    for mind here in Texas, it was new. Good luck

Spyder Garage

i recommend you check cycletrader. I just checked and there are some F3s less than 14K around the country. they may not be an S but in 2015 the only real difference between the S and non S is cruise control which you could add for $200. I purchased out of state and hired a shipping company for $500.

heres a link for an S that is 14,400 maybe you can at least use it to assist in negotiations. good luck!

http://www.cycletrader.com/dealers/B...-SM6-119390692

2015 F3 SE6

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by siny10309 View Post
    i recommend you check cycletrader. I just checked and there are some F3s less than 14K around the country. they may not be an S but in 2015 the only real difference between the S and non S is cruise control which you could add for $200. I purchased out of state and hired a shipping company for $500.

heres a link for an S that is 14,400 maybe you can at least use it to assist in negotiations. good luck!

http://www.cycletrader.com/dealers/B...-SM6-119390692
    Thank you, that is good info I'll use it.

Spyder Garage

Well the deal is done! My wife and I rode our RS to the dealer and came home with the F3. Can't wait to get some more ride time on it!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Default Impressive

Quote Originally Posted by budsboy View Post
    I think i would shop around, even in a diff state. I've had my f=3 for almost a year. I paid $16,400
    for mind here in Texas, it was new. Good luck
    I am very impress of the deal that you made on your F3-S. It took me a while to get the bike I wanted. I've been reading all the forums. I was told the best time to buy the bike is on December. I tried August, but a dealer offered me $22,700 OTD. I didn't like that price so I waited. This will be my first Can-Am bike. I am in the process in getting a F3-S Special Series Triple Black for $20,000 OTD from another dealer. I did compare prices through cycletrade, but it couldn't beat this price. I though I could just hold it off and wait; since, I am very patient. Plus, it is close to the winter season. Therefore, I may not ride it as much. I am not sure if I should get it now or wait till December. There are many dealers that still have 2015 models on the floor.
    Last edited by ussoldier; 11-20-2016 at 03:40 PM.

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Well the deal is done! My wife and I rode our RS to the dealer and came home with the F3. Can't wait to get some more ride time on it!
    VERY NICE and congratulations. I am at least a little jealous, but really wet in the pants happy for you. (Oops maybe TMI).

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Spyder Garage

Congratulations
    Live, Love, and Ride! God Bless!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ussoldier View Post
    I am very impress of the deal that you made on your F3-S. It took me a while to get the bike I wanted. I've been reading all the forums. I was told the best time to buy the bike is on December. I tried August, but a dealer offered me $22,700 OTD. I didn't like that price so I waited. This will be my first Can-Am bike. I am in the process in getting a F3-S Special Series Triple Black for $20,400 OTD from another dealer. I did compare prices through cycletrade, but it couldn't beat this price. I though I could just hold it off and wait; since, I am very patient. Plus, it is close to the winter season. Therefore, I may not ride it as much. I am not sure if I should get it now or wait till December. There are many dealers that still have 2015 models on the floor.
    If you're a patient person, I would say just wait until you find a deal that you are satisfied with. If you are okay with a 2015 leftover, I'm sure you could get a better deal on one of them. Good luck!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Bleau View Post
    VERY NICE and congratulations. I am at least a little jealous, but really wet in the pants happy for you. (Oops maybe TMI).

Joe
    Lol, thanks....I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron2andia View Post
    Congratulations
    Thank you!

Spyder Garage

Glad you like the F3, but you can do far better on price than $18K for a 2015. That should be around $16 tops.
    Call around there are deals out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Glad you like the F3, but you can do far better on price than $18K for a 2015. That should be around $16 tops.
    Call around there are deals out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Too late, lol...see pictures above.

Spyder Garage

Some nice warm weather for November today, I was able to ride my new F3 to work. Wow I am really loving this thing! It handles the corners so well and rides very smooth. I'm loving the engine too, lots of torque and strong acceleration. I installed the gauge spoiler tonight, looks great. I loved my RS but I think I may love this more!

Spyder Garage

nice you will love it. we love ours.. wish we could ride all year round tho

Stiff
    2011 RT Limited , White