Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default ABANDONED BY BRP !!!

Well, folks, we, here in Montana have been left "out in the cold".
    Without any notice to Spyder owners, BRP has removed the Spyder inventory from the only two dealers in this state: Great Falls and Kalispell!
    This information comes second hand, from another Spyder owner:
    BRP/CANAM has picked up all Spyders (demos, used and new) from those two dealers. However, one of them at least, has an agreement to continue Spyder service for two years.
    Having been a Spyder owner for six years, I feel betrayed!
    Our closest dealer is in Spokane, Washington, now.
    I've got to wonder if this is going to be a trend!
    CapNCrunch in Stevensville, MT
    : =( : =(

Spyder Garage

I hate to hear that. I guess I'm lucky where I live as I have 3 dealerships within 30 miles from me. But I only have one dealership that I trust.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I am not sure that BRP would do that unless they had an issue with the Spyder Dealers themselves. Why would they? My guess is that the Spyders are not selling well in your area and the Dealerships have determined that it is not worth having Spyders in their inventory and will no-longer carry them.

Spyder Garage

Very strange....

I can only imagine few scenarios that this would happen:

- Failure to live up to contractual agreements with BRP
    - Owner complaints to BRP regarding service

I am sorry that this is happening to you but there has to be more to the story..

Quote Originally Posted by CapNCrunch View Post
    Without any notice to Spyder owners, BRP has removed the Spyder inventory from the only two dealers in this state: Great Falls and Kalispell!
    BRP/CANAM has picked up all Spyders (demos, used and new) from those two dealers. However, one of them at least, has an agreement to continue Spyder service for two years.
    Johnny
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2015 RT-S (SE6) Special Series

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzel View Post
    I am not sure that BRP would do that unless they had an issue with the Spyder Dealers themselves. Why would they? My guess is that the Spyders are not selling well in your area and the Dealerships have determined that it is not worth having Spyders in their inventory and will no-longer carry them.
    A lot of the "blame" may have to fall upon the dealers that don't actively try to sell the product.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Bummer...

Would be interesting to find out a bit more on this. You could visit your "used to be " dealer and find out for yourself.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

My suggestion is that before you throw stones you get the entire story. BRP did not just pick these up to abandon your area, that does not make good business sense.

Find out and let us know.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Unpaid bills, little to no sales. Who knows what happened behind the scenes. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Default Abandoned

If it helps any there is one in Coeurd'Alene Idaho, Specialty Recreation, or Allsport in the Spokane Valley just accross the WA border.
    Greetings from Idaho

2014 RT-S,
    Barjaron swaybar, chome luggage rack, Ram Mount GPS, 12 volt dash outlet, spyderflap mudflap, Rivco flag mounts, drink2go and custom handlebar drink holders,Driver Backrest,Tri-Axis Handlebars, TRICLed turn signal lights. Custon Dynamic Magic Strobe Brake Modulator, Triple Dash Pouches, "Squared Away" Laser Alignment, Spyderpops Bumpskid, TricLed "Knightrider" LED

2014 RT , White (Mine) Cognac (wifes)

Spyder Garage

I do a lot of touring during the spring and summer. Spyder service is frequently not readily available should I have a serious issue. However, two years ago I had a flat front tire. Couldn't be patched as it was a tear into the sidewall. I was in Libbey, Montana. Local tire dealer no help with replacement. Called dealer in Kalispell and they overnighted a replacement tire. Les Swab changed the tire and I was in my way. Sorry to hear the Kalispell dealer is no more. They gave me great service..if they are gone, closest might be Spokane or Gillette.
    Might have to think more about routes in the future.

Spyder Garage

My local dealer gave up on Spyders too I now have to drive several hours to get service. Fortunately I haven't had any problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I got good service at the Great Falls dealer on my way home from Alaska last year.

Have you you called the dealers to see what they say? I also think there's more to the story.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hi Patti!
    What do you want to bet that they will blame BRP??
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 10-21-2016 at 05:25 PM.

Spyder Garage

I am in Illinois and there are only two dealerships within a reasonable range.
    2019 Rally , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Could you define the term, "reasonable"?

Spyder Garage

When the above happens, there are usually dire circumstances. Failure to pay franchise fees, exceptionally poor service, and customer complaints are usually the drivers. However, it could be as simple of the dealers throwing in the towel and telling BRP to come and pick up their stuff. We are getting the information second hand and this paragraph is speculation at best. We should hear from someone who has actually talked with the dealers and got their side.

Similar here. Used to be three locations at two separate dealers. One has discontinued the line. The other sells at one location and services at the other. I am an eight year customer and it goes to twelve if you count the Kawasaki's I purchased before the .

I am hoping the current dealer does not bail from the program, because if they do, I and the rest of the owners will be in the same place. One of the reasons I passed on a new this year was because of the above.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 10-21-2016 at 02:53 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Could you define the term, "reasonable"?

This is controlled by how much gas money you have.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

a big MMMMMMMM , heard on the radio , bombardiea , has or is , about too lay off 20,ooo I will look into this article again !

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by youngers View Post
    a big MMMMMMMM , heard on the radio , bombardiea , has or is , about too lay off 20,ooo I will look into this article again !
    An "official" confirmation would be good here. Thanks in advance.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Bombardier is going to layoff 7,500 folks worldwide. So what does that have to do with BRP? Not the same company. Bombardier sold off BRP in 2003.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

o.kay found the story , it is the lear jet side of bombardier , quite a few in Wichita and world wide . machinist , .... but still this pulling spyders , out of the 2 dealers , are these 2 dealers owned buy same owner ? { it is hard too believe can-am would fold up like that , the spyder bike itself is too cool just in its self ! } shoot folks do we need too pull our money together and start a dealer ship ?

Spyder Garage

o.kay found the story , it is the lear jet side of bombardier , quite a few in Wichita and world wide . machinist , .... but still this pulling spyders , out of the 2 dealers , are these 2 dealers owned buy same owner ? { it is hard too believe can-am would fold up like that , the spyder bike itself is too cool just in its self ! } shoot folks do we need too pull our money together and start a dealer ship ?
    The learjet story. Well that's old news. What was the date on the article you read.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Here are a couple of comments I shared last year in this post: www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?86361-Spyder-changes-coming! This might be related to what you are seeing now in Montana.

I had a couple of interesting conversations this past week, one with a Can Am rep and the other with a Boise dealer sales mgr. I ran into the East Idaho, Wyoming, Montana parts and accessories factory rep in Idaho Falls last Tuesday at breakfast at the hotel I was staying at. We talked about several things including Can Am marketing department. He said they sometimes don't have a clue about market realities. The flop of an unveiling at Sturgis showed that.

He said BRP is actively working to bring more dealers on board. A challenge is to keep the marketing folks from forcing dealers to buy and stock more machines than they can reasonably sell. BRP is well aware of customer service issues, but since most dealers are multi-line, multi-brand, sellers Spyder sales and service on its own often doesn't have the clout to force improvements. To us Spyders are all important. To some dealers, like in East Idaho, Spyders are secondary to snowmobiles and/or water craft.

Sales are on the upswing as evidenced by the shrinking inventory of 2015s around the country. The local sales mgr said they sold more Spyders this year than ever and their inventory is pretty much dried up. He also commented the RSS is a 'has been' as far as sales go. They have one orange one that well may end up going to auction. No one seems to want it, even at $14,399. The 2015 RTS Special Edition at the other local dealer I was hoping to make a deal on was sold this past week!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

One of the reasons I moved to a Spyder in 2014 was the shutdown of the only BMW bike dealer in Alabama. I initially wasn't *too* concerned about service for my then-15 year old RT, as I was using an independent BMW-trained mechanic, but that year he too went under. Ooops.

Oddly enough, I was very seriously looking at Urals rigs, as they are throwbacks to a simpler era when the owner could do a good deal of wrenching themselves -- Urals are stupid-simple, like BMWs use to be in the '70s and '80s. BMW forgot all that.

Instead I got a high-tech toy that requires PhD-level of mechanic skills.......

As for Montana, I spent 6 1/2 glorious years there courtesy of Uncle Sam. It's a very thinly populated state. Maybe not enough folks up there to justify a Spyder dealership. After you sell few dozen or so, the market may be saturated.

Spyder Garage

You do that. Maybe then you will get your numbers correct.

It is mainly in the train division that the layoffs will happen.

They are planning to hire over 3000 in the aeronautic division

BRP is a separate company to Bombardier.
    2008 GS SM5, Full Moon Silver
    2007 Piaggio MP3 - 250cc