Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

good luck making the deal with the dealer and the boss

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    Too bad for me, the wife does not drink Martinis. Margaritas, on the other hand, are a different story. Should I ply her with Margaritas? -and I make them with fresh squeezed lime juice, Hornitos Tequila, Patron Citronage and a dash of Simple Syrup in a shaker with ice. But she would see right through that and be all over my a** wanting to know what I was up to. "Oh honey, I'm trying to make a deal for a new Spyder that will cost me more than you will let me spend". Domestic life is grand, isn't it?
    I'll Drink To That.jpg
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Here is a different negotiation for you. Your Byke has the Farkles, theirs does not, if you r moving from RT to RT, most, not all will transfer.

the dealer is only going to give you book for yours, Farkles count for nothing on the trade except we see all that money lost.

Soooooooo, negotiate the deal to include the labor to transfer the Farkles to the new Byke. The dealer won't pay you for them, he does not care if they r on the Byke or not, you like them, he needs to move the inventory, let him move the Farkles. It works many times, everyone wins.

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Spyder Garage

Check with IMotorSport they make some great deals, deliver and pick up the trade in too!!!!!
    2015 F3-S Pearl White SM6 with a 7 Jurock custom windshield, Smooth-Spyder backrest, Shad saddle bags, RT sway bar, Elka stage 2 shocks in front and stage 2 with hyd. adjuster in the rear. Lamonster's LED fog lights, TricLed headlights, TricLed Safety LED package.
    2015 F3S , Black & White

Spyder Garage

The wife & I sat down with our dealer yesterday to discuss the deal. The wholesaler that he deals with was only willing to give us $12,500.00 for our Spyder as he felt that he would have to sit on it until Spring before he could sell it, and the net result to buy the 2016 RTS demo after the trade in and rebate was $12,850.00. We have decided not to take on any more large debt, so we declined the offer. Too bad, as we both like the smoothness, torque, and shifting of the 1330 SE6. So, we are going to hang in with our 2013, as our dealer is getting all the stuff botched up by another dealer taken care of, and BRP is graciously paying for all of it. Thanks for all of your replies, good wishes and advice.

Val & Dwight
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

on what is the right decision for you guys...
    After all: your Spyder is a real beauty!!

Spyder Garage

Geez Dwight.
    I thought you meant this

14690889_10154723705224684_3954812172501910933_n.jpg
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

The wife & I sat down with our dealer yesterday to discuss the deal. The wholesaler that he deals with was only willing to give us $12,500.00 for our Spyder as he felt that he would have to sit on it until Spring before he could sell it, and the net result to buy the 2016 RTS demo after the trade in and rebate was $12,850.00. We have decided not to take on any more large debt, so we declined the offer. Too bad, as we both like the smoothness, torque, and shifting of the 1330 SE6. So, we are going to hang in with our 2013, as our dealer is getting all the stuff botched up by another dealer taken care of, and BRP is graciously paying for all of it. Thanks for all of your replies, good wishes and advice.

Val & Dwight
    Good decision! Times are tough selling used Spyders-Thats why they just try to wholesale or farm them out and care zero about what you have invested and you can't really blame them? Wait till Spring and Hopefully get what you deserve? I Have a Great 2012 RT sm5 with Lots of updates and don't even get a call at $11,700?
    I ride it ALL winter so its No big deal to me and I'm not going to give it away!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    Good decision! Times are tough selling used Spyders-Thats why they just try to wholesale or farm them out and care zero about what you have invested and you can't really blame them? Wait till Spring and Hopefully get what you deserve? I Have a Great 2012 RT sm5 with Lots of updates and don't even get a call at $11,700?
    I sold my 2013 RT SE5 with farkles like sway bar and some lights with 25k miles in relatively short order last March for, are you ready, $11,500. I started at $13,000 but got very little response until I dropped it to $11,500. Since the 17's are almost here, and yours is a SM5 approaching 5 model years old, I think you may be about $1000 to $2000 higher than the market wants to pay.

Based on my observations over the past 10 years, most motorcycle owners are convinced their bikes are worth 10 to 15% more than what the market thinks they are worth. I bought my 2005 Goldwing new in 2006 for only about $3000 more than many 'wing owners wanted for their 5 to 10 year old 'wings.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Val & Dwight
    I'm assuming you've elected to dismiss used bikes ?

The 2014 would get you into the 1330 motor. Unlike my 2010, the 2014 seems to be pretty good right out of the crate. There's not a lot of recalls or changes made to subsequent model years. AND, you can get new bluetooth headsets with it..............................
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Didn't like it but took a hit on the trade of my '13 STS with quite a few options, the big saving grace was the discount on the left over '16. (I've just about convinced myself after the fact)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    Geez Dwight.
    I thought you meant this

14690889_10154723705224684_3954812172501910933_n.jpg
    Now that had to take some interesting body contortions to pull this off!
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue