Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Newbie to Spyder and group

My name is Marc & wife is Kay we live in Brooklyn Center & Hope to ride with some of you next spring Got a pearl white 2014 RTL a couple months back had some time to ride had a storage set up & have it stashed already for the season but got a few good rides in with my Goldwing club this fall look forward to riding with some of you in the springtime. may have left similar note in here (different spot) this thread looked better hehe.

Spyder Garage

Default SUPER

Welcome!! I just joined today also. I live in Eagan and I will pick up my bike in Arkansas on the 25th. I am hoping for decent weather for the ride home!!
    Last edited by PapaHotel; 10-14-2016 at 08:57 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Was price better down there?

Hope you have a safe trip take your time getting used to it on your way home especially the cornering at first it is very different than a regular motorcycle. But just stick with it and enjoy, the more you ride it the more you will like it. Are you getting a new or a used one?

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome welcome....

To both thends spyder world and this strangely awesome site...great choice.. if you get antsy come on down its like spring here all winter long...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Consider on it to SpyderFest end of April.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

and
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KayMarc View Post
    My name is Marc & wife is Kay we live in Brooklyn Center & Hope to ride with some of you next spring Got a pearl white 2014 RTL a couple months back had some time to ride had a storage set up & have it stashed already for the season but got a few good rides in with my Goldwing club this fall look forward to riding with some of you in the springtime. may have left similar note in here (different spot) this thread looked better hehe.
    Hi Marc and Kay! Welcome to the group! I'm relatively new to the group, too! I have just over 1000 miles on my 2016 RT-S and am enjoying it more and more every day! I live in IL but my cousin lives in Burlington MN. I try and get up there as often as I can. Maybe we can hook up some time next season.......

Bill

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PapaHotel View Post
    Welcome!! I just joined today also. I live in Eagan and I will pick up my bike in Alabama on the 25th. I am hoping for decent weather for the ride home!!

PapaHotel ...................... your new Spyder is not in Alabama, it is in Arkansas, if you go to Alabama you will have a long walk to my house in Arkansas.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

and on your new . The MN people are a great group to ride with. They do some great rides all over the State.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Price better down south?

Well yes and no. You have to be looking for a time before one smacks you with "I gotta by this." This is what made me willing to purchase long distance. I bought this machine because it is a tremendous value, however I missed one in Wisconsin that was as good of a value, but I delayed too long. This particular machine has more miles than some, but the current owner added so much value, I consider it a blessing to be the one first in line on this bike. You have to do a lot of comparing comparing model, equipment, mileage and price. I feel pretty blessed with this purchase.
    Last edited by PapaHotel; 10-14-2016 at 09:21 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PapaHotel View Post
    Well yes and no. You have to be looking for a time before one smacks you with "I gotta by this." This is what made me willing to purchase long distance. I bought this machine because it is a tremendous value, however I missed one in Wisconsin that was as good of a value, but I delayed too long. This particular machine has more miles than some, but the current owner added so much value, I consider it a blessing to be the one first in line on this bike. You have to do a lot of comparing comparing model, equipment, mileage and price. I feel pretty blessed with this purchase.
    Congrats on purchasing Joes RT. Joe is a great guy and maintains his Spyders, so you did well picking up his.
    Look forward to riding with you.

Les
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Marc and Kay! on your Spyder RT....you will really enjoy it.

We live in Woodbury and hope to see you on a future ride!
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 Spyder RT Limited - January 2014, Cognac/Black Seat, #958, born on 1-8-14
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Welcome to the wonderous world of Spyders. I live in Rockford so I'm only 25 minutes from ya. We do have some phenomenal rides during spring, summer, and fall. (even winter) for us crazy Finlander's...... Check out Minnesota Spyder Riders for more details on our rydes...Hope to cya in spring for some rides. CYA L8R

Grandpa Pete
    Grandpa Pete
    Peter & Kim Pontinen
    2020 RTL Dark Marsala

Spyder Garage

and

Ride safe! Glad you could join us.

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD

Spyder Garage

Welcome to the forum and Spyder ownership. You'll really enjoy the MN chapter, great people and great rides.

Mark & Kathleen
    2016 Spyder F3-L Special Series
    2016 Spyder RT Special Series