Spyder Garage

Default Akrapovic silencer question?

Can anyone tell me the difference between the Akrapovic Sport Touring Silencer (219400443) and the Akrapovic Sport Silencer (219400444)? Looks like both models will fit an RT or an ST.

Thanks

ViperWolf (work ryde & play ryde)
    2014 ST-S SE5 Cognac

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I am thinking that the touring silencer comes with baffles inserted into the silencer from factory. The sport silencer has no baffles in it at all, a little louder.
    My reason for saying this my riding friend has a Akripovic silencer and his came without baffles for his 2014 RT. I ordered the same silencer and mine came with baffles for my 2015 RT.
    I cannot say for sure but we both told the same dealer we wanted an Akripovic exhaust thinking that we were both getting same silencer.

Spyder Garage

The Sport Touring version has a carbon fiber heat shield on the front of it. The Sport does not. They both should come with baffolds but I have been hearing that some do not have them. This video has a photo of both.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Also their is a difference between the one for a V twin and the 1330 triple. Make sure you get the one for the twin.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

The only real difference is size and shape really, the Sport Touring is a similar size and shape to a Stock RT Muffler
    and the Sport is smaller and more round in shape, and maybe a little shorter. Both should come with baffles.
    We now have His and Hers Spyders.
    Current Spyder, 2015 F3 Steel Black, Passenger Backrest, Blue Ridge Screen with Xcreen Extention, Akrapovic Muffler, Attitude Handlebars, Blades front rims, RT Swaybar,
    Her Spyder 2011 Magnesium RSS Sportrack and Backrest, Comfort Seat, Grip Puppies, 3.5 inch Riser Bars, Wespyd Signature Swaybar. Hindle Muffler, Godiva Screen, Hiway Pegs Can Am Panniers

Previous Spyders
    2013 ST SM5
    2011 RSS
    2010 RS
    2015 F3 , Black with Blue Graphics

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Marker View Post
    I am thinking that the touring silencer comes with baffles inserted into the silencer from factory. The sport silencer has no baffles in it at all, a little louder.
    My reason for saying this my riding friend has a Akripovic silencer and his came without baffles for his 2014 RT. I ordered the same silencer and mine came with baffles for my 2015 RT.
    I cannot say for sure but we both told the same dealer we wanted an Akripovic exhaust thinking that we were both getting same silencer.
    You got a PM..Cheers