Thread: Reflectors

Spyder Garage

Default Reflectors

Has anyone removed the 2 reflectors on each front fender or the one on each saddlebag on a F3-T? I would like to know if they are attached with adhesive or held on by bolts/screws before I attempt to remove them. I am also wondering if the area behind them is finished or rough. I know that BRP is very safety conscience but these are overkill in my book.
    Thanks,
    Grady

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyGrady View Post
    Has anyone removed the 2 reflectors on each front fender or the one on each saddlebag on a F3-T? I would like to know if they are attached with adhesive or held on by bolts/screws before I attempt to remove them. I am also wondering if the area behind them is finished or rough. I know that BRP is very safety conscience but these are overkill in my book.
    Thanks,
    Grady
    The reflectors on the saddlebags are on with an adhesive. Take a heat-gun, warm them up and they peel right off.

The reflectors on the front fenders are held in place with little metal push washers. Remove the wheel and on the under side of the fender there are five screws you remove to take off the top part of the fender. Once off, you have access to the reflectors.

The only reason to take them off would be to replace them with LED's. It's a very east install (the front ones).
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Thanks Copperman! Exactly the info I was looking for.
    Grady

Spyder Garage

My wife's 2015 F3s had adhesive on the front fender rear reflectors....holy crap,was a pain to remove even with a hair dryer!. Actually cracked one pulling it off. Thought mebbe it had a hardened glue on it. It did have the push washers and it had a glued on grayish colored pad. I got them off of there though...
    '15 F3S SE6 Pearly White (Hers)
    '16 F3S SE6 Special Series Triple Black (His)

Spyder Garage

I have a 2015 F3 with the red reflectors on the back of the front fenders. I'm extremely puzzled as to why anyone would want to remove them and why there is even a thread here about it. But that's just me.
    John F.
    Tallahassee, FL

2015 Spyder F3 SE6, black
    BRP Driver/passenger Footboards
    BRP Adjustable Passenger Backrest
    Blue Ridge Windshield
    MRA X-Creen Tour, clear, clamp-on
    H4 LED Headlights
    F3 LED Fog Light Kit, LED Amber Halo Ring Kit, LED Tail Lights, F3 Rear run/brake/turn LEDs
    Easy Brackets
    Leatherworks, Inc. 120 Special Slight Angle Saddlebags
    Custom Dynamics Front Mud Flap LED lights, Street Magic Front Fender Tips, Double Feature Lens
    2-up rear shock
    Idler pulley kit

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by deer30084 View Post
    I have a 2015 F3 with the red reflectors on the back of the front fenders. I'm extremely puzzled as to why anyone would want to remove them and why there is even a thread here about it. But that's just me.

We we tend to wanna add L.E.D. lighting where those reflectors are...so they gotta be removed.
    '15 F3S SE6 Pearly White (Hers)
    '16 F3S SE6 Special Series Triple Black (His)

Spyder Garage

Default Replaced mine with TricLED lights

But I did it the easy way...had TricLED guys do mine....but soooo worth the extra lighting for safety reasons....
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5