Spyder Garage

Default Adjusting the foot position on the F3

We're currently rolling with a 2014 RTS but finally got to ride F3s set up for me (6'2") and my wife (5'2") at Bike, Blues and BBQ. Previously I had only been able to ride an F3 with the footing set up in the "3" position. The ride was preferable enough that we'll be looking to go to the F3 sometime in the future. Can the foot position be changed easily so that we can quickly accommodate whichever of us wishes to ride or is it a bit of an ordeal?
    2011 RTS-SE5

Very Active Member GaryTheBadger's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Mattman, I am in Bentonville and have an F3. I've changed my foot pegs position. For the semi-auto model, it requires tools and perhaps 15 minutes.
    Come on over sometime and I'll be happy to show you what it takes and answer any other F3 questions. I also have a spare brake rod, position 4 as I recall,
    that I don't need, if you get an F3. Gary, 479-544-7220.
    Enjoying now: 2015 Spyder F3 SE6, 1970 Indian MM-5A, 1972 Suzuki RV90J Rover, 2017 Indian Chieftain (wife's)
    Wish-I-had-kept-them: 2008 Spyder GS SE-5, 1967 Shelby GT500 w/Paxton supercharger, 1972 DeTomaso Pantera, 1991, 1992 & 2001 Acura NSX's, 2012 V-Star 950 Tourer, various 2-, 3- and 4-wheelers
    2015 F3 SE6 , White - The fastest color!

Lancaster PA transplant (Southern born and bred)
    Spyder Garage

It's not as simple as it sounds. Moving the pegs forwards and backwards is probably a 15 - 20 minute deal once you know what you're doing, but on the brake side, you have to swap out the linkage for the brake pedal each time.

I just got an F3S SE6 and the previous owner was at the max position. I had to bring it back to the #2 position as well as swapping out the handle bars so that I could reach them. I'm a little over 5'3".

Brake linkage for the semi-auto was $29.99 and I found new handlebars on EBay from a dealer for $220 rather than the $249.99 of most dealers.

2015 F3-S SE6

Spyder Garage

I have the F3 SE6 and found that I needed the max furthest position, I think it is #5. The factory bars were adjusted just a little bit and now its very comfy for me. I am 6'0. I did this myself and I think it took about 15 minutes. Not sure I would want to swap back and forth between two riders of different size. The brake pedal and foot peg location are great now that I adjusted.
    Last edited by Samson; 10-02-2016 at 08:17 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The BRP instructions call for replacement of the two flange nuts securing the brake rod.
    See http://instructions.brp.com/content/...0566,219400571
    2016 F3-L Special Series? Mods: Lamonster IPS end caps w/ Gripper 3rd pegs, GPS mount, Power Plate, Perf. Muffler; Backoff Brake Light Strobe; CD Front (amber/red) Brightsides & Tip Kit; ISCI Flag Holder w/Long Poles; BRP Signature Light, Aux Lights, Saddlebag Liners, Garmin 590 GPS; TricLED foam Grips, LEDs (Aux/headlights); Pitbull Driving Lights; RDL seat; Ultimate backrest

Previous ryde: 2012 RT-L, 26,636 miles on it when traded; 2014 RT-L, 34,147 miles on it when traded

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GaryTheBadger View Post
    Mattman, I am in Bentonville and have an F3. I've changed my foot pegs position. For the semi-auto model, it requires tools and perhaps 15 minutes.
    Come on over sometime and I'll be happy to show you what it takes and answer any other F3 questions. I also have a spare brake rod, position 4 as I recall,
    that I don't need, if you get an F3. Gary, 479-544-7220.
    Thanks Gary...I'll be sure to reach out!
    2011 RTS-SE5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mattman View Post
    We're currently rolling with a 2014 RTS but finally got to ride F3s set up for me (6'2") and my wife (5'2") at Bike, Blues and BBQ. Previously I had only been able to ride an F3 with the footing set up in the "3" position. The ride was preferable enough that we'll be looking to go to the F3 sometime in the future. Can the foot position be changed easily so that we can quickly accommodate whichever of us wishes to ride or is it a bit of an ordeal?
    Its NOT easy Going Back and forth-Get Her another bike!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Default Would you consider floorboards?

Ever considered Lamonster RIP or Seal floorboards? They are both very long, and while your brake pedal stays in a fixed position, your feet can roam all over the place. It all comes down to whether you can find an agreeable position for the brake pedal that works for both of you.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

My vote is for the RIP boards. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL