Spyder Garage

Default Twin Big city baffles in lamonster pipe?

Has anyone tried this yet? I have the performance pipe with the baffle installed on the stock muffler. Not convinced I like the sound overall. Was thinking of trying to tone it down slightly with an extra baffle and add a little more back pressure. Just curious if anyone has tried this. And had any thoughts on it.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default BAFFLES

Actually a lot of people ..... some ( like me ) have even made their own ............. Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Actually a lot of people ..... some ( like me ) have even made their own ............. Mike
    Thanks. What was the result of two baffles. I emailed sound and performance? Any negative effects?

Spyder Garage

Default BAFFLE - - - - S

Quote Originally Posted by cajunshredder View Post
    Thanks. What was the result of two baffles. I emailed sound and performance? Any negative effects?
    Sorry I didn't read the entire post , I only have one Baffle and I was Happy with that so I left it that way...... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you do that let us know how it works. I'm going deaf with the bypass with exhaust from Pitbull. One baffle didn't help much at all.

I like the the increased gas mileage but I also like being able to hear.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default ONE BAFFLE

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    If you do that let us know how it works. I'm going deaf with the bypass with exhaust from Pitbull. One baffle didn't help much at all.

Wow, My concern when I did the CAT delete was increased sound .... ( I like my music ).... so I added my own Baffle ...... I really don't notice a difference if my stereo is playing .... I have an RT like yours .....Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Wow, My concern when I did the CAT delete was increased sound .... ( I like my music ).... so I added my own Baffle ...... I really don't notice a difference if my stereo is playing .... I have an RT like yours .....Mike
    I installed a BCT baffle in the Cat delete pipe on my F3T and it did nothing to reduce decibels. The loud roar, especially at highway speed, was more than my wife and I could tolerate. So, I reinstalled the Cat, after first drilling 6 or 7 holes in the honeycomb of the Cat. Now, the sound is still deep, but smooth and mellow.
    However, I am interested in your homemade baffle for the delete pipe - can you give specifics or post pics?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post

I have a second BCT baffle on its way from lamonster. I will install and report back with results.

Spyder Garage

Default BAFFLE

Quote Originally Posted by fritzer1 View Post
    I installed a BCT baffle in the Cat delete pipe on my F3T and it did nothing to reduce decibels. The loud roar, especially at highway speed, was more than my wife and I could tolerate. So, I reinstalled the Cat, after first drilling 6 or 7 holes in the honeycomb of the Cat. Now, the sound is still deep, but smooth and mellow.
    However, I am interested in your homemade baffle for the delete pipe - can you give specifics or post pics?
    One of our members sent me measurements from His Big City Thunder baffle and I had seen numerous pics ... I just made mine based that.................. Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fritzer1 View Post
    Nice info, what size diameter holes did you drill ?
    2016 RT Special & 2017 RTS Pearl
    CATSKILLS SPYDER RIDERS - ADM

www.catskillsspyderryders.com & www.facebook.com/groups/catskillsspyderryders

[/url]

Spyder Garage

just order the cat cancel pipe this morning, i hate the noisy,Will twin baffles help?

The second baffle should set up like this , right?

(Sorry,Jacob i have my pipe on your hand so i have to use your picture)
    b1.jpgb2.jpg
    Last edited by GDA; 09-30-2016 at 09:23 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FieldTester View Post
    Nice info, what size diameter holes did you drill ?
    The holes are 3/8" and the drill bit is about a foot long. If you have seen a cut-away of the converter, the honeycomb baffle is 4-6" deep, if I recall.
    One complaint of the cat, is that it put out a lot of heat. With the drilled out holes, I'm thinking it may run slightly cooler, though hard to tell on a 90-100° day.
    Might be a plus for cold weather riding, however.
    All this is on my F3T. A friend of mine has the cat delete pipe on his RTL and the sound level difference is hardly noticeable.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GDA View Post
    just order the cat cancel pipe this morning, i hate the noisy,Will twin baffles help?

The second baffle should set up like this , right?

(Sorry,Jacob i have my pipe on your hand so i have to use your picture)
    b1.jpgb2.jpg
    I had the same conversation with Jacob and Lamont of Lamonster Garage - if I remember right, they were not convinced two baffles would make an appreciable lowering of noise.
    However, I am interested to learn what your result shows.
    Another possibility - cut out a cross-section of the honeycomb of the cat and stick it down the cat delete pipe??!!

Spyder Garage

twin baffles are set!

Just a bit louder than shock!

Love it!

Not much dirty cat

Spyder Garage

Default Baffles

Quote Originally Posted by GDA View Post
    twin baffles are set!

Just a bit louder than shock!

Love it!

Not much dirty cat
    I'm a little confused by some of the post here, so you installed 2 BCT baffles, if that's the case how did you install them in the cat delete pipe?
    I've got the cat delete and the BCT baffle and could use a little less noise. So where is the second baffle?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cmarsala View Post
    I'm a little confused by some of the post here, so you installed 2 BCT baffles, if that's the case how did you install them in the cat delete pipe?
    I've got the cat delete and the BCT baffle and could use a little less noise. So where is the second baffle?
    yes two of the baffles are in the cat delete pipe .they are installed in front and end of the pipe.

Spyder Garage

Default LOST!

Ok, Why take of the cat if you are not looking for more noise? What is the purpose of the bypass pipe?

Very Active Member SteveLaoyster's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by soupyjr8 View Post
    Ok, Why take of the cat if you are not looking for more noise? What is the purpose of the bypass pipe?

I've been told that by taking out the cat you are removing a lot of heat from under the tryke also.
    AKA Jud Smales, Four Year Spyder Ryder!
    "Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati"

The Critter 2016 RT-S
    Cat Bypass from Lamonster
    BajaRon Sway Bar
    Hella dual horns with relay
    BRP Hitch with trailer module
    Foam Grips
    Adjustable Air Deflectors
    Driver & Passenger Gel Pads in Seat
    Shorty antenna
    Ultraguard half cover
    Gremlin bell from my son
    Break Stripe Kit from Wrap My Spyder
    2016 RT-S , stock not yet Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by soupyjr8 View Post
    my reason for that this the cat getting super dirty and i hate that

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I am running the cat delete pipe with the baffle using the stock muffler on my '14 RTL. It has got louder over time. I like it. Still a lot quieter than my Harley running a 2 into 1 header.

Spyder Garage

Question Mufflers/cat delete pipes

A lot of owners don't like the loud exhaust from cat delete and Pitbull or Two Brothers. Has anyone tried a Gpr muffler? They are an Italian made, remove old, install new,street legal swap. I am curious about how loud with cat on. I have a2015 RT S SE6 with several years left on warranty so want to leave cat ON. I can swap mufflers with my disabilities but cant do cat in case trike has to go in for shop work.. I'm used to running straight pipes on my Harleys, but that was before good sound system's and I pods. Like having music when riding so don't want really loudloud pipes.. Thanks all for u'r replies. niterider,
    Last edited by niterider; 10-07-2016 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Misspelled name of manufacturers.
    2015 RTS , Stock Black Rubber Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I just put in the end going into the muffler the baffle that comes with the Lamonster cat delete pipe. I already had the BCT on the back end that was to loud. Now it’s perfect��

Spyder Garage

I am running the cat delete with the can opener baffle on front of the pipe and the BCT baffle on the other end.
    I also kept the factory muffler. For me it's not too loud or too raspy sounding.
    I tried the delete pipe with no baffle first and it was Not the sound I was looking for.
    Monique,
    2016 F3t pearl white
    Ultimate driver back rest
    12v power outlet for batt. tender
    Doc Humphries' vibration damper
    factory floorboards
    added topcase