Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Just returned from the Lake of the Ozark Area.....

1. Scoped out a place to stay in Osage Beach, MO
    Econo Lodge Inn and Suites, 5760 Hwy 54, Osage Beach, MO 65065

Our group rate is confirmed for June 12th (Fri) and June 13th ( Sat) if you want to stay together. I got a block of (8) rooms reserved at a two day rate of $169.99. You can contact the hotel under (sorry if this is plagarism Gene..) the name Mid Mo Spyder Group, If you want this rate and a room ( only 7 left, as I have reserved one myself), contact the hotel before JUNE 5TH, 2009.

2. The Econo Lodge is approx 8.5 miles from Junction of Hwy 5 and Hwy 54 east of Camdenton. The morning of the 13th we can ride down to Lebanon, MO from the hotel which is a total of 33 miles to Leabanon.

3. Lots of other places to stay in the Lake of the Ozark area if other riders have points, discount cards, etc... wanting to use for optional lodging.

4. Or....Meet at Shoney's in Lebanon, MO around 9am Saturday 13th. Then around 9:45 we will go to the Harley Davidson Dealership to sign-up for the USO Ride.

5. For those not familiar with Lebanon, MO..... It stradles I-44, main town is on the north side of I-44. There are 3 exits, I will call them A. ( furthest west, B. middle exit and C. furthest east.) Hwy 5 runs north and south through Lebanon and crosses I-44 on exit B. This is also known as Jefferson St in Lebanon. Shoney's is about .2miles north off of exit B. The Harley Davidson Dealership is along the south side service road along side of I-44 between exits A. and B. You can get to the service road at Exit A. fairly easy at the ramp/overpass. At exit B. you have to go down to the second stoplight south of I-44 then turn right and it works back towards the Interstate and eventually turns left going west as the service road on the south side of the interstate. Follow it for about .8 miles to the H.D. dealership.

6. Contacts: Econo Lodge: (573) 348-1781 or gm.mo135@choicehotels.com BE SURE TO SAY GROUP RATE FOR MID MO SPYDER GROUP 169.99 FOR 2 DAYS. It might be more for a single night, but they had more rooms available for Saturday then Fri & Sat together thus I booked 8. If there are more than 8 of us, I'm sorry, but the place still has rooms and Don Neuharth (owner) probably will accomodate. Place is clean and preferably non-smoking.
    SE5 Moon (delivered Aug'08), Cal-Sci windshield, Zumo 550, tank bag, backrest & luggage rack, kurykan Iso grips, and SwingWing pegs, NM's 4" risers, Russell Day Long Seat, Buschtec hitch, Alumna MCT trailer

Spyder Garage

Thanks CR...great information. Looking forward to the ryde!!
    In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God. God looked down upon Ireland and said "Damn, I'm good!"

2009 POW*MIA SE5

Spyder Garage

Default Deadline is June 5th

Sorry to hear that GarytheBadger and SSGBean can't make it. But hoping others will fill their place and make this a great group of Spyders.

Just a quick reminder, see previous posts below, if you want to stay as a group at the Econo-Lodge in Osage Beach, the deadline for confirming a reservation at the 2-day group rate is June 5th (a Friday).

To anyone driving down on Friday 12th from Kansas City, my offer still open to buddy-up about 3pm (earliest I can get away) from North Kansas City or can meet anyone along the way. Should be in Sedalia, MO (junction Hwy 65 and US 50) by 5:30pm or at Preston, MO (junction of Hwy 65 and US 54) by 7:00pm or see you at the Econo-Lodge by 8:00pm.
    SE5 Moon (delivered Aug'08), Cal-Sci windshield, Zumo 550, tank bag, backrest & luggage rack, kurykan Iso grips, and SwingWing pegs, NM's 4" risers, Russell Day Long Seat, Buschtec hitch, Alumna MCT trailer

Spyder Garage

about the chance to meet other ryders. Really looking forward to the event
    In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God. God looked down upon Ireland and said "Damn, I'm good!"

2009 POW*MIA SE5

Spyder Garage

Default Hotel reservations

Great Job Captain... I have made my reservation with the hotel.. Thanks for the info, so I think that leaves 6 rooms available now... I told the young lady that I am only going to spend one night and that will be Saturday the 13th of June.. I'm like you Captain I hope others will tag into this threat and fill there shoes, we'll see.. As for me I plan on riding up on Friday the 12th after work, I should be able to be there around 6:00 PM just to meet everyone and maybe go out to dinner, what ever will be good with me though... Then I will travel back home and meet up with you all on that Saturday Morning Breakfast deal at 9:00AM.. I will try and bring along MO Lee on the Friday night run maybe we will just bring up the Aero and the Valk, are you lisening Lee??? Again,, Great Job Captain and see you soon..

Joe

Spyder Garage

I hear you Joe, you realize if we do that we might have to ride back in the dark and there is a lot of Forest Rats on Hwy 7. Let me check my calendar if that is my normal day off, sounds great, however if not I should stay home and clean the Spyder that evening.

Lee

Spyder Garage

Default as luck would have it!!!

Well it don't get much worse then it did today for me as long as this get together is coming along.. About an hour after I made my reservation at the hotel it was announce that we all had to be into work on Sunday the 14th of June, well what the F*&^!!! I only work about 2 week-ends a year and never have to worry about putting in time off on a week-end so therefore I must adjust my schedule with the USO RUN.. Fortunitly I plan on doing all the activities (even coming up Friday night the 12th) for a gathering of spyders (Oh and I think I can get Lee to come along right Lee?), except the overnighter on the 13th and the Sunday's activities,, I am truly sorry about this and I feel really bad but its either get "Firied" and enjoy a 1/2 day event or go to work on that Sunday, so with that being said I plan on being at work on the 14th..... BUT again, I will be there for all other activityes.. Again, Sorry and I am really looking forward to the ride..

Joe

Spyder Garage

Not a problem Joe I plan on being there till Sunday. Working on base myself, I understand these things. As for the run up on Friday evening, that is not my Friday to be off however I do get off at 1500 that day. We'll just leave the evening trip as probably at this point and two wheels would be fine with me.

Spyder Garage

Default Drat!

Hello Everybody,
    Just wanted to thank everyone who put effort into getting this thing off and running. Unfortunately, I am going to have to pass on this trip. I was notified today of a work situation with a leave of abscence from one of my co-workers. I am going to have to step in and cover for them while they are out. I hope to make it on the next gathering of Spyders. I hope the trip goes great for all of you with bright sunny skies. Have a safe trip. Jerry

Previous owner of a 2008 Spyder SM5.
    Current owner of a 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

Spyder Garage

Can we do another check of those who are going? I've lost track

2009 POW*MIA SE5

Spyder Garage

Yah give me till tomorrow though cause I have kind of lost track a bit myself and do not want to give you and other members any false info..

As I do know it off the top of my head to be right now though there is:

Myself xpeschon (except the Sundays activities)
    Mo Lee
    Captainryder
    bmwgene
    irish2themax (and your brother if he is interested in the Sunday deal)
    3 spyders guys from Cuba MO, ( these are a dealership folks,, Not sure if they will do the Sunday thing either but will be there for the ride)

I'm sure I missed a couple people---again these are members that I know off the top of my head... Help a brother out, who else plans on attending please post? I will go through the message board if no response is added to this message but I know there is a couple floaters out there..

Joe

Edited:

Possible: spyderbitten ( Unknown at this time)

So this completes the list as I know it as well.. 8 for sure and 1 possible inless I missed someone and if I did I'm sorry but please post if you are still interested.
    Last edited by xpeschon; 05-30-2009 at 06:13 AM. Reason: add a name

Spyder Garage

Default Lake of the Ozark

Anyone around Lake of the Ozark on Sunday the 31st of May about 4:00 PM? I say a yellow and black one near the Harley dealership as they where entering Lake of the Ozark I was leaving.. My wife had the spyder in the lead and I followed with a Green and Beigh Honda Areo, I had a passenger on the back and who ever it was we EXCHANGED a wave and kept right on going... She (my wife) was on a Black and Gray one..
    Just thought I'd ask

Joe

Spyder Garage

Default Good News

I just received an email They have changed the ending point for the USO ride to on Fort Leonard Wood. I will attach the revised flyer so everyone coming can meet the requirements, I know a few Spyderlovers were hoping for this.

Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear about the " work before pleasure " requirements for you Joe and you also "coolmachine". But I'm glad thay changed the end point to on post.... I think the folks at the post will enjoy seeing a big turnout as well as some real nifty Spyders....

Hope there are still some coming from Kansas, Arkansas, and especially around Kansas City. Just a quick reminder, the deadline for reservations at the contract rate is tommorrow !!!! June 5th.

I won't be down to the hotel till about 8pm on Friday, so if I don't see some of you that evening... ( Joe and Mo Lee ) I'll catch you Saturday morning..... Looking forward to meeting everyone....

Spyder Garage

As the day for departure draws closer, I get more excited about meeting other ryders. For the next week, I plan on ryding as much as I can to develop the necessary butt calluses for the 2 day trip to MO

Am hoping the weather forecast changes (as it usually does) 'cause they're predicting rain on the 11th (my second day on the road)
    Last edited by irish2themax; 06-04-2009 at 07:13 AM.

2009 POW*MIA SE5

Spyder Garage

I am so much looking forward to this one.. MO Lee I contacted Cowtown and they are coming with 3 for sure spyders and maybe a forth one, no word on how much they will get involved as far as the activities goes however they will do the actually ride so thats cool.. Link-up time for them is 8:30 here in Waynesville at Kum and Go, we can talk about this on Friday.. Yah I had an american legion meeting last night and they mentioned this but by the time I got home from the meeting and did some things around the house I kind of forgot about it but this is really good news guys, the Commanding General did the right thing to allow everyone on Fort Leanard Wood since it is a Fort Wood Ride!! Seems as though everything is coming together on this one, just wish there was a few more spyders but thats alright, we still have a lot of riding left and maybe after this one we can put together a "RUN TO THE STATE LINES" ride that would consist of picking up other members from the AR, IL, IA, KS (did I leave any other bordering states out?) we can talk about this one on the 14th... I am looking forward to this..

See ya all soon oh and as the Captain said, make you reservation if you plan on spending the night today is the dead line!

PS: irish2themax I hope the weather holds out for ya brother!!

Joe

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the heads up Captainryder I'll check with Joe and see if he still wants to come up Friday night. I believe we have one more local guy coming on the ride at least. I did read something yesterday saying the route of travel will be the outer road instead of the interstate, which is pretty much all historic Rt 66. I hope everyone reads the clothing requirements for entering the Fort sounds like those of us with stickers still have to wear the hot gear.
    Irish you be careful on your trip, when I bought the silver spyder I really wanted a red one so it would be easier to be seen. Since that time I've decided the spyder is different enough that cage drivers see it so well they are dangerous to us and every other vehicle around.

Spyder Garage

Default One more week

Only one more week before the Mid-Missouri Spyder invasion! Looking back thru previous posts it still sounds like we will muster more than 10 Spyders. I'm working on contacting a couple more local local riders that don't seem to be on this web site. Joe do you have a way to contact the lady with the yellow Spyder? Hope to see meet a lot of Spyder folks lets hope as the time draws near more will decide to join in the fun.

Lee

Spyder Garage

TEN Spders

That's a really good first showing for Mid-Missouri meet. Hope there are a few more surprises !

Irish...ride safe !!

AS for the post requirements for clothing, I'm just glad they didn't say knee-high boots ! But it's great we will be getting this show on the post. By the way is this the first year driving onto post? HOpe the stop point is a place were post residences can come by and mingle.

See you all next Friday night or Saturday morning. That parking lot at HD Lebanon is not real big, so there will be alot of us out on the driveway or service road. In any event, I think the Spyders should take up the rear of this group, unless someone has enough pull for the leaders of the pack

Spyder Garage

That's what I was thinking, a Spyder grand final. I'm not sure but I believe 3-4 years ago they finished on post. of course the Post Commander was a Biker and lead the runs then.

Spyder Garage

Default The ride

I mentioned our USO ride to my good friend Lewis.
    He is a Harley driver but as a redeeming quality he is also a past Dust off Pilot. So now we are heading up Thursday to spend some time riding around the lake.
    On Friday night we will be waiting for you.
    smilingene

Spyder Garage

I don't care if he rides a unicycle, I would be honored to have any Dusty driver join the group!

2009 POW*MIA SE5

Spyder Garage

Okay...packing up the tomorrow so I can get an early start Wednesday morning. I put all of the Spyder dealers/phone numbers along the way into my GPS just to be safe. I asked my dealer if I had to do anything special to use the BEST Plus since I have no documentation yet. They said dealer only needs to enter my VIN number into the computer to get confirmation.

So I guess I'll see you all Saturday at Shoneys. My brother and a friend are going to join on their Harleys.

2009 POW*MIA SE5

Spyder Garage

Wow this is coming together really nice,, Glad to hear that may are bringing along other riders.. irish2themax be careful and we will link up Saturday Morning for sure... Hey ya Captain,, No need for any of you folks to worry about the required gear to ride on post, this was all waivered by the Commanding General,,, HOWEVER IF you are a soldier in the ride or a DOD Civilian you MUST have on the proper gear,, So therefore it will put MO Lee for sure in the gear and as for me,,, I'm really not sure,, Lee I am a contractor, I don't think I need to wear that stuff do I?? I will figure it out though.... Now as for the Lady with the spyder,, I have emailed her but it says she is "out of the office",, This is the only way I know how to get a hold of her,, I will continue.. Any word from the guy at TMP??

K boys, ride careful as this started to develop and see you soon..

xpeschon

Spyder Garage

Wow it does sound good, hearing the Harleys makes me want to drag out the Valkyries, but thats alright I dusted a few of them last Saturday with the Spyder. I havn't heard from TMP, the gentleman on 28 said he would love to go however his wife has been sick so he can't make it this time. As for the gear I would say it will be a matter of if you have a sticker you need the gear. My plan is to have the gear with me and if they check I will put it on however I've been pretty good a blending in with the crowd before.