Thread: Arkansas Ridei

Spyder Garage

Default Arkansas Ridei

I am leaving Sunday with some of my firefighter buddies to go to Harrison Arkansas to meet up with a couple of hundred other firefighters for a gathering on the 6th thru the 9th. We are going early so that we can get all the rides done before everyone else shows up. It appears there is a ride the Ozarks rally on the same weekend with about 1000 people showing up. What planning on our part! I don't think I would not enjoy twisties with a couple of hundred other riders. It's a lot of fun with 10 - 12. I sent off for and received a book from the Harrison C of C that describes six or seven rides and list the mileage and time required to complete them and then tells you there are 662 scenic curves in the Osage Moonshine run. The rest are equally curvey! It's a good little brochure with good maps of the area. It's called "Motorcycle Riding Guide of the Ozarks." Then I ordered and got a memory foam gel seat from Motorcycle Dave and did a DIY install so maybe my butt will survive. It's 10 hours from Amarillo to Harrison all in one day then 6 days of riding and then another long day home. If I survive I will give an after action report because I am the only SpYder going that I know of. I hope I can hear when to shift being in the middle of all those Harley's!
    Mike Campbell
    Amarillo, Texas

2015 RTL "intense red pearl"

Spyder Garage

Mike,
    I'm meeting some of my friends there on the 6th. Believe they belong to the other group coming in. Where are you staying in Harrison? Maybe we can meet....