Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Extended warranty

Hello all
    Is a Extended warranty a must have?? I bought mine private seller a2013 which has the 997 rotax. I've never been a extended warranty person with my cars. However Spyders are a different beast. Being new to the model, does the Spyder warrant the "extended" coverage ? Since I bought my private seller, where could one purchase a EW now after the purchase?

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by thepower View Post
    Hello all
    Is a Extended warranty a must have?? I bought mine private seller a2013 which has the 997 rotax. I've never been a extended warranty person with my cars. However Spyders are a different beast. Being new to the model, does the Spyder warrant the "extended" coverage ? Since I bought my private seller, where could one purchase a EW now after the purchase?
    If the original mfr warranty has expired you're pretty out of luck. If it already had a BEST warranty that is still in force it came with the bike. Check with your dealer.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    If the original mfr warranty has expired you're pretty out of luck. If it already had a BEST warranty that is still in force it came with the bike. Check with your dealer.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
    As mentioned above - private owner sale, can't check with dealer. I will call bpm and see if it's past the expiration

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by thepower View Post
    As mentioned above - private owner sale, can't check with dealer. I will call bpm and see if it's past the expiration
    Go to any BRP Spyder dealer. Have proof of ownership with you. They will register in your name with BRP as owning that Spyder. That way any recall letters will come to you. The dealer will inform you of any outstanding Warranty Campaign issues that they will take care of for free. Even if your warranty has expired. They will tell you if you have any outstanding warranty left. If the original warranty has not run out you can buy up to 3 years more. For a 2013 not likely but you never know. There may have been extended warranty bought or as part of a promotion left.

2018 F3 LIMITED