Spyder Garage

Question heated jacket instalation

i want to install wiring for a heated jacket in my 2009 rs . my dealer is suggesting it might be to much of a load for the electical system. has anybody had any experience with adding devices to this year of Spyder

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by butterspy View Post
    i want to install wiring for a heated jacket in my 2009 rs . my dealer is suggesting it might be to much of a load for the electical system. has anybody had any experience with adding devices to this year of Spyder
    I ran a heated jacket last winter and will again this winter. I have 2014 RS-S. I use the Battery Tender as Honda Can Am of Winston-Salem installs on all new Spyders. Yup I ryde in the Winter here in NC. Good luck.
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it. Sypder Loco!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by butterspy View Post
    I have a full heated suit vest gloves socks pant liners 2009 rs runs it all no problem we used a tank bag to put the controller in
    2 happy happy spyders

Spyder Garage

Default Relax...go for it.

We haveca 2012 RS sm5 and run two heated liners and two heated gloves with no problems. I connected direct to the battery with an inline fuse....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default heated jacket

Quote Originally Posted by r1100rider View Post
    I have a full heated suit vest gloves socks pant liners 2009 rs runs it all no problem we used a tank bag to put the controller in
    thanks not sure what a tank bag is and we dont have a controller on the jacket but we put on heated grips as well so i think we will be fine with your experience being positive. thanks to all for the info.
    Last edited by butterspy; 09-25-2016 at 04:00 PM.