Very Active Member sealfloorboards's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default NEW KEYLESS HELMET LOCK

HI GANG,

SEAL CREATIVE CONCEPTS (me) is proud to introduce the SEAL KEYLESS HELMET5 LOCK. This is the easiest, fastest Helmet Lock available today. It is specifically designed for the CAN AM RT Spyder. The other Spyder models will follow soon. The lock is based on the shape of the handle bar. Simply place the leg of the lock thru the jaw of your full face helmet, turn your handle bars to the lock position and lock the bars in place. That's it. Made of Powder Coated Billited aluminum, it's super strong and great looking. Your helmet sits on the gas tank and cannot be removed until your handle bars are unlocked. Easy, easy! As with all my SEAL products, you never have to drill holes or alter your Spyder in any way. BUT WAIT!!!, theres more. The helmet lock is drilled and tapped to accept a Ram Ball unit so you can mount your Phone or GPS on it. It's truly a multitasking Farkle. I will be at Spyders At Red Rock next week to introduce it, install my Seal Floorboards and introduce a couple of other new products. I only have 20 KEYLESS HELMET LOCKS ready so if you want one, let me know and I'll save one out for you. At $75. this multipurpose unit will go fast. Now....
    Ride and Secure in Comfort.
    20160921_141140.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sealfloorboards; 09-23-2016 at 11:22 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Very nice...

But I do have a question...you can lock your bars in either side. This looks to work only to the one side. It is a nice feature to add to your RT...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Looks interesting. Hope you do well with them. Kind of hard to get the perspective of how these work looking at sideways pictures though.

John, feel free to use these links in your OP, if you want. (Right click and choose "copy image address".) Then I'll delete this message.
    Last edited by robmorg; 09-23-2016 at 02:23 PM.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

Nice product..
    Live, Love, and Ride! God Bless!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by robmorg View Post
    Looks interesting. Hope you do well with them. Kind of hard to get the perspective of how these work looking at sideways pictures though.

John, feel free to use these links in your OP, if you want. (Right click and choose "copy image address".) Then I'll delete this message.
    It looks like you lock the handlebars which is locking the helmet at the same time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by M109Dreamer View Post
    It looks like you lock the handlebars which is locking the helmet at the same time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    That's correct! Once your handle bars are locked, your helmet is also locked and can't be removed. Looking forward to showing (selling) them at Spyders at Red Rock this week. Check out my website for our new LUMBAR STABILITY BALL. It's fantastic support for both rider and passenger. We ALL want to ......

Ride in comfort.

Spyder Garage

Appears to work with full face helmets only.
    Happy owner of 2014 White RTS - SE6

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjuice View Post
    Appears to work with full face helmets only.
    Yes, unfortunately, that is correct. I'm working on how to secure 3/4 and 1/2 shell.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    But I do have a question...you can lock your bars in either side. This looks to work only to the one side. It is a nice feature to add to your RT...
    I guess I didn't realize that the handle bars locked in either direction. If they do, I see no reason why you can't mount the KEYLESS HELMET LOCK on either side.

Spyders at Red Rock starts this morning. Beautiful weather, location and tons of awesome Spyders.

Spyder Garage

Not to be negative, I like the concept but what is to stop someone from cutting it? Aluminum cuts easy. Also I cannot tell in the photos but can someone just loosen a bolt and rotate it to get the helmet off? Or just muscle it around? It seems to be only a deterrent and wont stop someone who is determined.
    2010 RTSM5 , stock Stock Silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Zip View Post
    It seems to be only a deterrent and wont stop someone who is determined.
    Very good observation! Nothing will stop someone who is determined. And your point is?
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Not to be negative, I like the concept but what is to stop someone from cutting it? Aluminum cuts easy. Also I cannot tell in the photos but can someone just loosen a bolt and rotate it to get the helmet off? Or just muscle it around? It seems to be only a deterrent and wont stop someone who is determined.
    That's the nature of all helmet locks. I'm sure a good yank would put my helmet in the hands of anyone who wanted to remove it from one of my Lidlox locks, but I like them anyway. (Except that they may cause some passers by to see my helmet as a trash receptacle, or some birds to view it as an outhouse. )

I think that the appeal of this new Seal Floorboards lock for some will be that it is both easy to use, and also acts as a reminder to lock your front wheels when not with the bike.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by robmorg View Post
    That's the nature of all helmet locks. ... (Except that they may cause some passers by to see my helmet as a trash receptacle, or some birds to view it as an outhouse. )
    Amen, bro. I returned to my bike once to find my helmet full of bleach and soap powder. Only good part of the experience was that it gave me an excuse to buy a new one!!!

the hawk
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice ... in practice, however, that's just a theory.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by thehawk View Post
    Amen, bro. I returned to my bike once to find my helmet full of bleach and soap powder. Only good part of the experience was that it gave me an excuse to buy a new one!!!

the hawk
    That is AWFUL. Some butthead was targeting you because of the Spyder. Unfortunately, it happens.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link

Spyder Garage

If someone wants your helmet, they will destroy it and your Spyder to get it. There are just some bad guys out there. Helmet theft is almost a crime of opportunity. Very few guys walk around with a set of alan wrenches in their pocket. A little locktite blue OR red will discourage someone who wants to snatch and run. I don't advocate anyone leaving it outside overnight, on a busy city street; now that's an invitation. Any lock is there to keep honest people from steeling. The Bad Guys will take whatever they want.

Spyder Garage

It was fun helping install your boards. Nice product and we'll made. Hope all continues to go well....gene

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sealfloorboards View Post
    That's correct! Once your handle bars are locked, your helmet is also locked and can't be removed. Looking forward to showing (selling) them at Spyders at Red Rock this week. Check out my website for our new LUMBAR STABILITY BALL. It's fantastic support for both rider and passenger. We ALL want to ......

Ride in comfort.
    Can you get a lo k setup for 2 helmets?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk