Spyder Garage

Default Still a newbie with questions

Ok...a couple issues (rather small) that I've come across on my first 600 miles with my F3 SM5.
    First, when riding in bright sunlight I can't see the lights on my dash. Some of it may be due to my helmet's sun visor, but I can't see the parking brake light, turn signals etc.
    Second, is there a trick to setting the parking brake and taking it off? Sometimes it seems like it won't go on or I have to press the button a while to get it to release.
    Third, closing the gas cap....hard to close. I try pushing pretty hard and turn the key, but seem to struggle with it. Like I said these are minor issues or quirks....you can stop laughing now. Oh yea...last but it doesn't deal with the F3...I'm finding that 2 wheelers around town aren't very friendly. I wave at everyone...even the 50cc scooter dudes! Dude, I used to ride 2 wheels for years...don't be so snobbish. Thanks everyone!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    2015 F3 SM5
    F4 Customs Windshield
    BRP Backrest
    Foam grips
    Short-reach bars
    MLB Givi side rack
    Givi V35 side cases
    Idler Pulley kit

Spyder Garage

Guess mebbe it depends on how kool your bike is...lol I wave all the time at anyone enjoying (the wind).seems there are lotta Snobbish peeps out there. Little did they consider that the person waving at them Used to be a Two Wheeler Also. Situation for me deemed necessary that I went to 3 wheels. My back didn't appreciate holding a 850# Goldwing from falling over at times.

As as far as the dash not visible worth a damm in the sun: common.

parking brake,never had an issue with that. Yours prolly just quirky

Yes it seems we've all had the issue with Gas Cap closure. I used PB Blaster Silicon Lubricant. Seems to have cured the problem after 3000 miles so far. Clicks shut pretty good now,better than new!
    '15 F3S SE6 Pearly White (Hers)
    '16 F3S SE6 Special Series Triple Black (His)

Spyder Garage

I know about Spyder Dash, and nothing else on a F3. The only thing I can see on my dash is thedigital speedo,
    and the analog gauges. The rest of it is too dim, and too small, to do me any good.
    turnsignal? nope Clock? nope nope nope nope... I see no reason the F3 should be any different.

As far as other riders waving and stuff. I live in a VERY friendly part of the country, and STILL sometimes I think other riders
    are just kind of stunned to silence. and I know your F3 is a looker.
    Flatlander, Navy Veteran, Widower
    Loved my 2014 RTS SE6 Pearl white
    but have a new love now,
    my 2017 RTS SE6 Champagne metallic (Champ)

Spyder Garage

Default Let's see....

As to the guages...if your visor or sunglasses are polarized it can add to the problem. Sunlight hitting the right angle will blank your view out.
    On the brake...can't help mine is manual...just press the pedal four clicks and your set.
    Now the gas cap has a trick. Once open place your thumb or both on the cap not touching the key and press down till the key pops back to the middle or center. Lube will help some...
    I just wave to all and if they wave back its nice if not I don't sweat it....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Heck I still have questions, a bunch!!

Quote Originally Posted by TallyAmNole View Post
    Ok...a couple issues (rather small) that I've come across on my first 600 miles with my F3 SM5.
    First, when riding in bright sunlight I can't see the lights on my dash. Some of it may be due to my helmet's sun visor, but I can't see the parking brake light, turn signals etc.
    Second, is there a trick to setting the parking brake and taking it off? Sometimes it seems like it won't go on or I have to press the button a while to get it to release.
    Third, closing the gas cap....hard to close. I try pushing pretty hard and turn the key, but seem to struggle with it. Like I said these are minor issues or quirks....you can stop laughing now. Oh yea...last but it doesn't deal with the F3...I'm finding that 2 wheelers around town aren't very friendly. I wave at everyone...even the 50cc scooter dudes! Dude, I used to ride 2 wheels for years...don't be so snobbish. Thanks everyone!

Welcome to Spyderlovers you are in the right place to ask questions and get great answers!! Granted some of them may be a little odd but hey we all have opinions just like our bellybuttons .
    Got to get this off my chest as I am traveling 1200 miles to the red rock rally guess what I find lots of Spyder Ryders the don't wave to other people it's OK folks make it a personal thing I love waving I could care less what anybody else does !!!
    No to things that really matter yes on the F3 it seems to be historically true that that stupid gas cap key sticks so get out the silicone cover up your gas cap push that gasket spray the heck out of that spray the key work at in and out I finally did that mine works perfect
    Yep lights turning sunshine ugly mix go visit TricLED Reggy has the lights that'll fix you right up not only will you be able to see what you're doing but so will others .
    You got more questions sure hope so because that's what we're here for again welcome and see you on the road and if I don't way it's OK because I'm looking at something Yep I am a gawker!!
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

Default poor turn signal dash lights

Quote Originally Posted by TallyAmNole View Post

The turn signal indicators on the dash have been poorly visible since there inception. My 2008 GS had the same dim turn signal indicators. I thought my new '16 F3 would have been improved, not.

Chris