Spyder Garage

Default Battery Location ... ?

Thumbed thru the manual looking for battery location on my F3, but didn't find it. Manual seems to lack an index.

I figure it must be "up front", but looking in there I don't see how that would be accessed.

Could someone tell me where the battery is located and how to access it? I want to hook up a tender pigtail.

Tanks ...

Spyder Garage

Default front

open the front trunk...
    the bucket has 4 plastic PUSH-PINS in the top corners, that hold the bucket in place... with a small flat screw driver, pry up the little head about 1/2 inch, then put the screw driver under the bigger diameter portion... and pop the entire PUSH-PIN out... do that to all 4 PINs.... left the bucket out, and you will see the battery up against the back wall....
    good luck
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

He's got you covered.

In summer of 2015 the North to Alaska group came up here for a trip. They had to take one to the main dealer--they thought. The service people did not even know the location of the battery for the particular machine. They passed on that dealer and we got them fixed up. Sad to say, that dealer no longer sells .
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 09-21-2016 at 03:32 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    open the front trunk...
    the bucket has 4 plastic PUSH-PINS in the top corners, that hold the bucket in place... with a small flat screw driver, pry up the little head about 1/2 inch, then put the screw driver under the bigger diameter portion... and pop the entire PUSH-PIN out... do that to all 4 PINs.... left the bucket out, and you will see the battery up against the back wall....
    good luck
    SPYD3R
    Thanx. I tho't it was under there some where. Now I understand about the push pins and where to locate the battery.

Appreciate you response, SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

Default HAPPY

Quote Originally Posted by Bagger View Post
    Thanx. I tho't it was under there some where. Now I understand about the push pins and where to locate the battery.

Appreciate you response, SPYD3R
    HAPPY I COULD HELP.....
    you can buy the removal 'tool' from AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/Lisle-35260-P...STIC+PUSH+PINS

SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

Strange my F3 only has 2 push pins in the top!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MrBones View Post
    Strange my F3 only has 2 push pins in the top!
    2 at the top ... 2 at the bottom.

Spyder Garage

Rather belatedly---thanks for the question and post! It's cold here in MI and time to snatch the batt out of my F3S. Darned if I could find a how to video on YouTube, excepting the sole awful one posted where the guy does not ID the year or model of Spyder involved, and the video starts after he's done the push pins and removed the trunk liner. You saved my , and a bunch of time and trouble for me (I was assuming [BAD thing to do] the batt was under the L side cover like on my 2012 RSS. Thanks!!

I don't suppose I can talk you into coming over and doing it for me this PM? Free hot coffee/whiskey!
    Last edited by Flanker; 10-18-2018 at 11:37 AM.

2018 F3 S, BRP SS Grill, Spoiler, Attitude Bars, #1 linkage kit, Chopped R Fender, TBR S1R slip On exhaust, Elka Stage 2 R Shock, Shad saddlebags