Thread: New Corbin Seat

Spyder Garage

Default New Corbin Seat

Just wanted to share a few pictures of the Corbin seat I installed today. Install was fairly straight forward. Just have to re-locate the seat locking mechnism. Haven't test road it yet but just sitting on it, it does seem to have moved me back a couple inches I think. Will give it some miles and see how it feels. Love the look and the quality seems very good. This seat does have the seat heater option as well.

20160920_152330.jpg20160920_152357.jpg20160920_152403.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cajunshredder; 09-20-2016 at 03:07 PM.

Spyder Garage

I am a fan of Corbin seats. Have over 55,000 miles on two assorted. People either like them or not. I like them.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Have mine on order , have had three other corbins , best Butt rest there is looking forward to the latested Custom seat ..... pics will follow !!

Spyder Garage

Eventhough I found bad reviews here about Corbin it has been the best seat and I had the best service (although a bit of a wait) that I have had on my bike. Love it winter and summer.

Spyder Garage

Very nice!!!

Spyder Garage

If the Corbin moves one back a bit, that would be nice.

I've noticed with the stock seat that I am nearly "on the tank" when sitting on it. And, this puts some unwanted stress on your you know whats. Moving back a bit would work for me.

Nice looking saddle.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bagger View Post

I've noticed with the stock seat that I am nearly "on the tank" when sitting on it. And, this puts some unwanted stress on your you know whats. Moving back a bit would work for me.

Nice looking saddle.
    That's the reason I currently have two BRP Comfort seats installed on the current RT's. The set back is appreciated as well as the lumbar pad.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    That's the reason I currently have two BRP Comfort seats installed on the current RT's. The set back is appreciated as well as the lumbar pad.

You must sit kinda high with two seats on your bike.

Spyder Garage

Nice looking saddle.
    It definitely does move you back at least two or three inches and the lumbar support is awesome. Took it to work today, so far I really like the feel. Feels more like a saddle. Looking forward to a three day trip next month up to the BRP with the wife to see the improvement for her. She complained a bit about the stock seat ride. I also love the fact that the backrests are easily removable. And I know she is going to love the heated seat option

Spyder Garage

Default That's all and good, but ...

Moving me back 2-3 inches would suit "my friends" well, but the bars would be too far forward now.

I think the bars are too high now, too ... but, they need to clear the tank.

I guess there is no free lunch .... sit closer to the bars puts your package near the tank. And, vice versa.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Corbin Customer SErvice

Corbin makes a good seat and one that is comfortable for the long ride. I have owned 5 Corbin seats. But never again. As long as you don't have a problem then all is good. But if you have a problem, they are not responsive. That is why they say there is no refund on any purchase. You have no recourse to either fix or return. They use to be good about making things right, but the company culture has changed and today they are not responsive. Hopefully they will realize that this is bad for business and will improve.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    You must sit kinda high with two seats on your bike.
    Need to adjust that position sometimes. It works, but feels a bit unstable.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Bagger;1184349]Moving me back 2-3 inches would suit "my friends" well, but the bars would be too far forward now.

I guess there is no free lunch .... sit closer to the bars puts your package near the tank. And, vice versa.[/QUOTE

Yep. I had a set of shorter brake/ shifter rods already. Put those on today and it's back to a perfect fit have some shorter reach handlebars on order. Should be just right now. ]

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks again for the photos

I do have a question about seating position relative to OEM. Do you feel that the seat raises you up higher that the OEM. It does not appear to in the photos. I'm on the verge of pulling the trigger on one.
    Mike H. Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by cajunshredder View Post
    Just wanted to share a few pictures of the Corbin seat I installed today. Install was fairly straight forward. Just have to re-locate the seat locking mechnism. Haven't test road it yet but just sitting on it, it does seem to have moved me back a couple inches I think. Will give it some miles and see how it feels. Love the look and the quality seems very good. This seat does have the seat heater option as well.

20160920_152330.jpg20160920_152357.jpg20160920_152403.jpg

Spyder Garage

It raises the passenger a couple inches. I don't think it raises the driver, at least not that I have noticed. I am very happy with the seat. Have 700 miles on it so far.

Spyder Garage

Pretty cool. I also love my Corbin seat.
    2019 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Long Legs View Post
    Corbin makes a good seat and one that is comfortable for the long ride. I have owned 5 Corbin seats. But never again. As long as you don't have a problem then all is good. But if you have a problem, they are not responsive. That is why they say there is no refund on any purchase. You have no recourse to either fix or return. They use to be good about making things right, but the company culture has changed and today they are not responsive. Hopefully they will realize that this is bad for business and will improve.
    Can't agree.

They fixed ours twice and ended up giving us a free standard seat after my redesign did not work as expected.

It took a long time, but did not cost us any extra. I would give them top marks for service.

We were very polite and not at all demanding in conversation. I can't help wondering if the people who have problems don't keep their cool and become impatient?

Anyway, Corbin went far beyond their warranty and sale terms to help us.

Spyder Garage

Very nice!
    Live, Love, and Ride! God Bless!

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

they look great. i'm ordering my corbin's on my new indian but they don't have any black friday sale

Spyder Garage

Moving me back 2-3 inches would suit "my friends" well, but the bars would be too far forward now.

I guess there is no free lunch .... sit closer to the bars puts your package near the tank. And, vice versa.
    Get the 'short reach' bars. I did and I love them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Had Corbin's on both my 2008 GS and my 2012 RT. 100,000 miles between the two of them. Best seats on the market. Ordering my F3 seat with smuggler trunk soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Long Legs View Post
    ^^^
    2015 F3 SE6 Black and Chrome, Smoothspyder Backrest and more to come.