Very Active Member sealfloorboards's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Wearable Lumbar Stability Ball

Hi Everyone,

This is Via Anderson. I ride pillion (passenger) on John Anderson's Spyder. I thought you might be interested in my new wearable Lumbar Stability Ball. I designed it for general use as a portable, stable environment for my very fragile lower back. I had surgery on my L-5 and S-1 and have had to be very careful since then. I designed this for ME, but based on my experience and those of my yoga/movement students, I am ready to make it available to others, especially my Spyderlovers friends.

The LSB was an invaluable asset when John and I rode to SpyderFest as part of a 9,000 mile trip across the US in 2014. I've been refining it ever since. I will be including a booklet describing various ways to use the LSB, both on and offer your Spyder. You will learn how to move from your Spyder to a restaurant, a car, your home or wherever you need lumbar support, with little or no thought of it. The LSB can be used on the Spyder whether you are a passenger or a driver, as long as you have a backrest. I am attaching several photos that illustrate how to use the LSB.

The LSB, backpack, and booklet are $40 + freight. It will be available on sealcreativeconocepts.com as soon as our webmaster can get it up and running. You can also order directly through seal floorboards.com. Or you can contact me at yogawithvia@gmail.com. The LSB has been a lifesaver for me while riding on the Spyder. Now, I want you all to be able to ....Ride in Comfort. See ya soon as Spydrs at Red Rock.

Move Well and Ride in Comfort, Via Anderson

Spyder Garage

I am happy with your result. I have a 25 year old L4 & L5 fusion, and my Doctor told me to never use any type back brace. He said the brace would weaken the muscle structure and when one did not have it on you could injure ones back. It has worked for me along with 20 lb lift limit. Just my two cents. Wish you well. The main thing is you are still ryding.
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it. Sypder Loco!

Very Active Member sealfloorboards's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Deer Slayer View Post
    I am happy with your result. I have a 25 year old L4 & L5 fusion, and my Doctor told me to never use any type back brace. He said the brace would weaken the muscle structure and when one did not have it on you could injure ones back. It has worked for me along with 20 lb lift limit. Just my two cents. Wish you well. The main thing is you are still ryding.
    Hi, Thanks for your message. I agree with you totally. I would not recommend a back brace for the very same reason you mention. However, the Lumbar Stability Ball is not a brace. It provides support for the lumbar while you are seated without any bracing at all. In fact, the LSB encourages you to use your own muscles and maintain good posture, spinal alignment, and core engagement while you are using it. Thanks again for your two cents.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sealfloorboards View Post
    Hi, Thanks for your message. I agree with you totally. I would not recommend a back brace for the very same reason you mention. However, the Lumbar Stability Ball is not a brace. It provides support for the lumbar while you are seated without any bracing at all. In fact, the LSB encourages you to use your own muscles and maintain good posture, spinal alignment, and core engagement while you are using it. Thanks again for your two cents.
    Thanks for the great information.
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it. Sypder Loco!