Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

So is the Fly a passenger or just admiring the work??

So which risers did you get??
    I see Rox but which ones specifically?
    Last edited by ABQSpyder; 11-02-2016 at 05:42 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

That looks like a great solution. Can you send me more details or post here on what part you ordered, etc.? Congrats on finding a working solution!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Rox 2" Pivot Risers for 1 1/8" Handlebars. http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/r...-18-handlebars

i think the fly just liked them.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    Problem solved! No more zombie arms.

Brother installed Rox 2" risers last weekend. I've ridden to Hot Springs so far and they make a world of difference.

Now Joe can tell me "I told you so."
    And you used a fly to inspect them! lol!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Brother installed Rox 2" risers last weekend. I've ridden to Hot Springs so far and they make a world of difference.

Just seen this! They look good, Patti. One thing!! You really need to remove that zip tie. Replace it with a wide soft rubber one
    which is flexible/stretchy.
    Why? With the constant movement of the bars you're very likely to get broken wires in the harness under the existing tie.
    If it's the same on the other side then alter both sides. I had the problem on my BMW a while back and it can leave you stranded
    miles from anywhere!

Spyder Garage

Did you have plenty cable slack after installing the riser?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by T-Mac View Post
    Did you have plenty cable slack after installing the riser?
    YES! Once you unclip the cables from the bars, just tug on them and there's more than enough.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Default i forgot how to make a new post. can soemoe tell me how?

new post

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ArañaRider View Post
    new post
    Go to the sub-forum in which you want to post. For instance, this on is "Spyder F3-Hotrod/Cruiser." Near the top (on the left, I think) you'll see a red button "New Post."
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

i have a new F3 and a brand new rider--I too notice some arm strain after only a short time. I was going to go to local dealer and sit and try out the short reach set up. Just for curiosity, how tall are you, I am about 5foot8"; so overall do you feel the bars are now how much closer to your seated torso? what is the cable that people are referencing here?

Rox 2" Pivot Risers for 1 1/8" Handlebars. http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/r...-18-handlebars

i think the fly just liked them.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Petrom714 View Post
    i have a new F3 and a brand new rider--I too notice some arm strain after only a short time. I was going to go to local dealer and sit and try out the short reach set up. Just for curiosity, how tall are you, I am about 5foot8"; so overall do you feel the bars are now how much closer to your seated torso? what is the cable that people are referencing here?
    I'm 6'2" and we put the short reach on our bike and with the backest, you can lean back and get very comfy. Now I just need some relief for my butt. I think Can Am is wrong about advertising these bars for shorter people. To me the farther you have your arms stretched, the more fatigue.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhammy View Post
    All model f3 have the same lower steering column p/n 709401397.
    Theoretically. Try ordering the p/n 709401680 black lift posts X 4 and the p/n 231103060 Srew socket m10 x130 mm. I would get these and try them as the cheapest quick fix not sure what colour they are could be yellow but black paint can fix that.
    it appears that these may bring it closer by 90 mm. Not sure but you may need this also
    p/n 709401775 black handle clamp assembly. I think this is just a minor upgrade to make the bars tighter or maybe does not have a pin.
    Failing that.
    Just a suggestion . . Take them to a competent fitter machinist to insert 50mm sleeves to each side.
    the bars are hollow and nothing is in the middle. A good machinist and tig welder can do it. It would just necessitate getting them powder coated.
    i have chrome short reach and they are really good. I found that having foot boards helped out as well, the cannonball seat also sits you a bit differently.
    let us know how you go as their are a few people who would like this option also.
    You mention CannonBall seat. Do you have one on your bike and how well do you like it.

Spyder Garage

Cool!

Will he come over here next week end, and fix these diabolically designed shifter and brake pedals for me?

2018 F3 S, BRP SS Grill, Spoiler, Attitude Bars, #1 linkage kit, Chopped R Fender, TBR S1R slip On exhaust, Elka Stage 2 R Shock, Shad saddlebags

Spyder Garage

Was there enough slack in the cables and wiring or did you have to add to them?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BruceA View Post
    Was there enough slack in the cables and wiring or did you have to add to them?
    No problem. Lots of cable in there.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Thank you!

I'm going on a 3,200 mile ride in two weeks and want to make it as comfortable as practical.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bucketman View Post
    I'm 6'2" and we put the short reach on our bike and with the backest, you can lean back and get very comfy. Now I just need some relief for my butt. I think Can Am is wrong about advertising these bars for shorter people. To me the farther you have your arms stretched, the more fatigue.
    Im 6' and I have the Attitude bars which have me reaching further forward than the stock bars. They work perfectly for me with the stock bars I had lower back and butt problems on longer rides, but now I have no issues.
    I guess we are all different and what may suit one, doesn't suit others.
    We now have His and Hers Spyders.
    Current Spyder, 2015 F3 Steel Black, Passenger Backrest, Blue Ridge Screen with Xcreen Extention, Akrapovic Muffler, Attitude Handlebars, Blades front rims, RT Swaybar,
    Her Spyder 2011 Magnesium RSS Sportrack and Backrest, Comfort Seat, Grip Puppies, 3.5 inch Riser Bars, Wespyd Signature Swaybar. Hindle Muffler, Godiva Screen, Hiway Pegs Can Am Panniers

Previous Spyders
    2013 ST SM5
    2011 RSS
    2010 RS
    2015 F3 , Black with Blue Graphics

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Rox factory

I'm actually going to the ROX factory next Tuesday and they are going to use my F3 for either using an existing product or possibly making/mocking up a new riser that they can then recommend specifically for an F3. I'll report back how it goes.

Dave

Spyder Garage

Since my first post (above) I've installed the attitude bars (I'm 6' 2") to fit my 34" sleeve length------huge improvement over the stock bars (which felt like ape hangers to me). Note to others considering this bar; the control switch housing on both sides can make contact with the body work so be warned and careful!

2018 F3 S, BRP SS Grill, Spoiler, Attitude Bars, #1 linkage kit, Chopped R Fender, TBR S1R slip On exhaust, Elka Stage 2 R Shock, Shad saddlebags

Spyder Garage

I have the "short-reach" handle bars on my F3T. But I wish they were about 1.5 to 2 inches closer. I don't get to enjoy the "sit back & stretch out" of the F3 because I have to sit up to drive it. To the extent I do sit back, my arms are like zombie arms. It's really tiring on my arms and shoulders. Joe (Cptjam) suggested risers, but I can't find some that suit the F3 handlebar mounts. (If anyone knows of some they think would work, please post here.)

So im putting this out there. I wish some enterprising SL vendor would come up with some risers that would work. I'd buy them in a minute. I'm gonna pm Lamont about this. But there may be others who'd be interested.
    Wouldn;t longer handlebars work?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gnorthern View Post
    The “short reach” handlebars are as long as BRP makes them, gnorthern. They are for riders with a short reach, not short bars. And you can’t buy aftermarket bars as the BRP ones are unique due to the self contained grip end units.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gnorthern View Post
    See my post 43 above. ROX is going to work on a Spyder specific product.

Spyder Garage

Thanks again.
    I installed the ROX 2" extensions and they work perfectly.
    You mentioned on another post that you cant lean on the bars when getting on and off so I put some locktight on the shafts and so far so good.

Spyder Garage

Default Part # Please

I have been watching this with interest and would be interested in the Part# of the Rox unit used.

Thanks,

Tom

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TomG View Post
    I have been watching this with interest and would be interested in the Part# of the Rox unit used.

Thanks,

Tom
    I got mine at Revzilla.com
    They are ROX Risers, 2" for 1.125 diam. Bars