Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Back in the 70's--Indiana was pretty high. $600 or so every time you bought a new car (my last was a 79 Ford LTD wagon) for which I paid about $12,000. Tag price was reduced every three years. If that has continued, I am guessing they are really expensive now. They also had a yearly "safety" inspection required.
    that might still be close , on new autos ! mmmmmm ! thinking I might never own another new auto hahahaha

Spyder Garage

Florida motorcycle renewal $10, no state income tax, and property taxes $1200.
    Ryde as if your life depends on it,
    because it does !! Ryde Safe!
    Vietnam 67-69

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Nevada also bases off of MSRP, over $200 for the spyder every year.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    When you escape: don't head toward New York!

That's not escaping, that's jumping out of the frying pan into the fire!
    Trb-- (Roger)

2014 Cognac STL:Ultimate Seat, Nelson Rigg Tail Pack, Nelson Rigg RS/ST Half Cover, TL fender lights, Squared Away Laser Alignment, BajaRon sway bar and links, Akropovic Sport Silencer
    2022 White Pearl F3T
    Gone but not forgotten: 2019 F3S Special Series Liquid Titanium

Spyder States Visited

Spyder Garage

Since we are throwing out numbers, in 2003 I bought a new luxury coach. My first license plate cost $4800 for one year. Gradual reduction for 5 years. Second year was $4200. This was after I paid $32,000 sales tax. I don't even blink when I get the tabs for my cars, motorcycles, UTV, Airplane and three trailers.

Not going to mention the Property tax on my two homes and commercial hanger. I figure all this supports about a dozen Illegal immigrants, sends six kids to school, supports at least four families (that could get a job if they wanted to) and pays for the grants of several colleges for students to study how many molecules are in an Organic Frisbee.

I know your going to ask so I will explain it now. Organic Frisbee=cow paddy.

​Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Indiana, excise tax, $139, wheel/surtax, $15, registration fee, $26.35, total, $180.35 for a 2012 RTS.

john

Very Active Member OverHillAndDale's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Is it wrong that I'm glad that others are suffering like me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020- RT Limited
    Chalk White, Can-Am rear passenger armrests, Comfort Seat, Grip puppies, RAM Cup Holders, Providence RAM Mount
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Aluma MCTXL trailer
    BRP hitch
    Big Bike Parts wiring harness
    Permanent Smile!!!

Spyder Garage

Default $$$$

Just bought my 2016 F3 Limited here in Arizona and the tag was over $500.. It gradually goes down each year...the price we pay for low property taxes..

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OverHillAndDale View Post
    I just renewed my tags for all my vehicles - Honda Odyssey, Honda Accord, Lexus RX 350, Spyder RT Limited. All the vehicles are 2013 or newer.

The Spyder was my single most expensive tag, well over $200. This was not true in the past and I can't find any explanation for the expense of registering a 3-wheeled vehicle that weights just a touch over $1000 lbs. How does the cost of your Spyder compare to your other vehicles in other states?
    In Alabama, where OverHillandale is located.....
    One thing that I'm questioning and concerned about is the jump in just Spyder license plate (taxes and all) as compared against other vehicles to include other motorcycles. It jump about 10 times from last year. This is in sharp comparison to other vehicles who costs went down.

It appears the Spyders are being singled out to carry more, unfairly, taxes.
    Last edited by SpyderLyon; 09-16-2016 at 12:14 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderLyon View Post
    In Alabama, where OverHillandale is located.....
    One thing that I'm questioning and concerned about is the jump in just Spyder license plate (taxes and all) as compared against other vehicles to include other motorcycles. It jump about 10 times from last year. This is in sharp comparison to other vehicles who costs went down.

It appears the Syders are being singled out to carry more, unfairly, taxes.
    Some places tend to hit recreational vehicles, including motorcycles with stiffer fees than regular vehicles.

Clifford Fargason
    2013 Spyder RTL
    2007 Royal Star Venture

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OverHillAndDale View Post
    Not to mention the ever-present toll roads.

The best part of high taxes is knowing what good use they're put to.
    ABSOLUTELY!

Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

​Just renewed for a year in Ohio: $48.88.

Spyder Garage

Default Your neighbor to the west!!!

Glad this topic came up! When I went to tag our Spyder they entered the VIN into the state database and It was rejected as a non valid VIN....Came back saying it was a ATV.....Since they had to OVERRIDE the state database they needed proof of value to properly tax it right....I showed the base price I paid(Which was $5000 below MSRP mind ya) and they entered $17999 as the MSRP on a new RT and the computer accepted it...(Sneaky trick I know!) the plate ended up being $240 1st year and $220 second year....If The computer system hadn't been so decrepit and actual MSRP had been used to begin the pro-rate it would have been almost $300......

Spyder Garage

$460 for mine, which includes $25 for personalized tag. I think Arizona is the second highest in the country. But at least everything else here is less expensive

Pam

• 2015 RT-S Special Series / Red & Black
    • Baja Ron Sway Bar
    • Utopia Backrest
    • F4 Customs tall and wide vented windshield
    • Stebel Super Loud Air Horn
    • Baker Built Air Wings
    • LaMonster Highway Pegs
    • SpyderPops Exhaust Block Off Plate
    • SpyderPops KOTT Grill
    • SpyderPops Belt Guard
    • Cat Bypass
    • Laser Alignment by Squared Away
    • TricLED Fender Lights
    • General Altimax RT43 rear tire
    • Dual flag holder
    • Mud Flap
    • A$$hole seeking missile system

Spyder Garage

Sumthin' ain't right. I too live in Alabama (Elmore county), and I just checked my registration for my 2014 RT-S; I paid $155.75 total.

FWIW, I had several assignments across the US courtesy of the Air Force. In my experience, the overall cost of living in Alabama is very low compared to almost any other state. For example, I often hear folks in other states gripe about four-digit property taxes; their jaws drop when I tell them I only paid $550 in property taxes last year for a nice four-bedroom house with two-car garage.

For all the jokes about Alabama (state motto: "thank God for Mississippi!"), it's not bad at all. C'mon down!

Spyder Garage

I wrote about $1400 for my new F3T's tag. About half of that was remaining un-paid sales tax. Next year it'll be about $600 I think.

Vehicles are taxed pretty heavily in CO.

Spyder Garage

$52.00 for the Spyder (Vanity Plate), $19 for the trailer. Don't even want to start talking about property taxes, and personal property taxes, i.e. Spyder, trailer, and two cars.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Moved to GA from MS this year. MS tag would have been about $350, and that's every year. GA tag cost me about $1000 for the initial tag + a one-time ad valorem tax. After this year, it will only be $20/year.
    Mark in GA

2014 Cognac Spyder RT Limited - SOLD
    2014 Cognac RT-622 Trailer - SOLD
    2014 RT Limited , Stock Cognac

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DC1 View Post
    Glad this topic came up! When I went to tag our Spyder they entered the VIN into the state database and It was rejected as a non valid VIN....Came back saying it was a ATV.....Since they had to OVERRIDE the state database they needed proof of value to properly tax it right....I showed the base price I paid(Which was $5000 below MSRP mind ya) and they entered $17999 as the MSRP on a new RT and the computer accepted it...(Sneaky trick I know!) the plate ended up being $240 1st year and $220 second year....If The computer system hadn't been so decrepit and actual MSRP had been used to begin the pro-rate it would have been almost $300......

My 2015 RT came back as invalid vin number also. Had to take it to the NCDMV to have an inspector inspect it and send paperwork in to Raleigh. Still waiting on my title??? This is in N.C.

Spyder Garage

Default Why same every year?

Quote Originally Posted by GA_Spyderman View Post
    Moved to GA from MS this year. MS tag would have been about $350, and that's every year. GA tag cost me about $1000 for the initial tag + a one-time ad valorem tax. After this year, it will only be $20/year.
    I know every county is different on tax rates for tags in MS but in Greene County every year as the estimated value depreciates the tag slowly goes down...... In Greene Co The difference between a car and a bike is a car fully depreciates in about 10 years down to a base price of around $37.....A bike does not, it continues to carry some value all the way to the day it qualifies for an antique plate...Kinda unfair I think but at least after that 2nd year sticker shock it does begin to slowly drop in price......Your county must have had a different plan.....

Spyder Garage

Default Glad it wasn't just me....

Quote Originally Posted by ncgrl1 View Post
    My 2015 RT came back as invalid vin number also. Had to take it to the NCDMV to have an inspector inspect it and send paperwork in to Raleigh. Still waiting on my title??? This is in N.C.
    LOT of red tape getting it straight in NC.... I Just showed the lady at the tax Accessor's office the sales paperwork and base price I paid, she says "Is that MSRP?" I say "Absolutely!!" She popped it in the computer and it took it for gospel! LOL! I do love my home state!

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Bob Denman;1182123] When you escape: don't head toward New York! [/QUOTE
    Thats right all the land in central New York's been sold! No more room here.

Spyder Garage

They are $17.00 a year in Minnesota. They get us every where else.

Spyder Garage

Default used to live in Jefferson, GA

Quote Originally Posted by GA_Spyderman View Post
    Mark, I live in South GA, but when I retired I was living in Jefferson, GA the next county to you, and worked out of Gainesville!

Spyder Garage

Just renewed my new tags on the 2014 RTL. My old registration was still in the envelope and remembering this thread I thought I would pass this along.

2014 $527.13

2015 $454.15

2016 $389.19

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick