Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

When I was a kid I got one of those planes tethered to two strings. I did not even get one circle done before it crashed. That was the end of my aviation career.
    2019 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

My son's video today

Spyder Garage

Ok....for those of you that have drones, my question is:
    How easy are they to fly?
    Did you start out cheap and then buy big?
    Im gonna order one, just super nervous about spending 1200.00 then crashing the darn thing and ruining it.
    Thanks in advance for any info!!
    Debbie

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dmpsam View Post
    Ok....for those of you that have drones, my question is:
    How easy are they to fly?
    Did you start out cheap and then buy big?
    Im gonna order one, just super nervous about spending 1200.00 then crashing the darn thing and ruining it.
    Thanks in advance for any info!!
    Debbie
    Believe it or not, for the most part, the more you spend the easier they are to fly....at least to a certain point.

I really like the phantom 3. We have 2 that we use for work. They are nicer than the 2 phantom 2 that they replace. The Phantom 4 is even better. However, the first Matrice 600 we just bought is SO much nicer than anything we have ever used.

The cheap toys will leave you frustrated, bored, and likey with a pile of broken crap. Your really looking at starting at @$1000 for a true halfway decent starter drone with a decent camera.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DrewNJ; 09-20-2016 at 07:57 PM.

Spyder Garage

Wow....that Matrice 600 is pricey!! For that cost, you should be able to travel on the darn thing! Lol
    I'm seriously considering the phantom 4.
    Just not sure if I can justify it. Not sure how much I would really use use it.
    Thanks for your input! Appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    Believe it or not, for the most part, the more you spend the easier they are to fly....at least to a certain point.

I really like the phantom 3. We have 2 that we use for work. They are nicer than the 2 phantom 2 that they replace. The Phantom 4 is even better. However, the first Matrice 600 we just bought is SO much nicer than anything we have ever used.

The cheap toys will leave you frustrated, bored, and likey with a pile of broken crap. Your really looking at starting at @$1000 for a true halfway decent starter drone with a decent camera.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mGbxSiBdejo

I've had All the DJI drones. But the new Karma drone by GoPro may be nice!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Young View Post
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mGbxSiBdejo

I've had All the DJI drones. But the new Karma drone by GoPro may be nice!
    I saw an ad for the Karma but it did not give alot of info on how it would be better. Im sure every year the technolagy will explode in drones. DJI is the leader right now.
    Congratulations Lamonster! Looks like you found a pretty good package deal. I only have 2 batteries. Ill have to get another one at some point. Look into getting the Litchi App also It cost around 22.00 but well worth it. There are lots of videos on UTube to help as well. I have been flying every day now. It is easy to fly but just like Spyders, There is lots to learn. Stay safe. I am Hawkeye54 on the DJI forum.
    I would have thought you would have jumped on this package though. http://www.drone-world.com/dji-phant...range-extender
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Flew my Phantom 4 today in about a 15 mph breeze. Very steady platform. Also practicing adding audio to video clips.

Here is a video of my last flight, including at the end its "bring me home" maneuver. Enjoy!

Spyder Garage

DJI just announced the Phantom 4 Pro and just WOW!

2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

for the money Mavic Pro is going to be hard to beat. with the Mavic Pro it is so easy to transport. Phantom 4 ... not so much.
    2015 RT Limited Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

I've been flying model "drones" since I was 12, free flight gliders, control line gas powered planes, early RC gliders, gas powered trainer planes, electric powered planes, Slope soaring gliders, (I think my current fleet is some 20 plus planes, including 3 or 4 multi-rotor drones from palm sized camera carrying up to my latest Blade 350 QX that carries my GoPro Hero 4 or GoPro Hero5 Session.

The multi-rotors of today are so very well controlled compared to even 3 years ago (my Blade 350QX) that I've quit spending waiting for something like the DJI Mavic Pro that folds up small and can shoot 4k vids, many of the newer "drones" have follow-me mode so you can literally film yourself riding in motion in VERY controlled circumstances.

Added: I concur with everyone above who suggested joining the AMA, been a member since I was 18 or so, and reading and following all the new "drone" flying rules. It's amazing what some uninformed new flyers think is OK to try and fly/in/near when their skills are not commensurate with the situation.
    Last edited by DGoebel; 11-18-2016 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Added AMA member info
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DJFaninTN View Post
    for the money Mavic Pro is going to be hard to beat. with the Mavic Pro it is so easy to transport. Phantom 4 ... not so much.
    I just gave one of my boys my Phantom 4. It was just too big to transport and do what I wanted to do with it. I'll be ordering the Mavic Pro soon as this fits the bill for what I want and need.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default On the fence for a long time,

Ordered the 3 and really looking forward to it.

Spyder Garage

Saluda, Read the whole manual, start low and slow, I flew the first week in my back yard, below tree top level with lots of landings, landings, landings (it's the hardest part, really) easy does it and you'll not be replacing props and parts too quickly....<G> Just had a buddy experience his first (RC Plane) flyaway on his first flight with a new plane (Range check, what's that???? he said.) First words (that I can repeat) out of his mouth was I shoulda done that range check....
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I just gave one of my boys my Phantom 4. It was just too big to transport and do what I wanted to do with it. I'll be ordering the Mavic Pro soon as this fits the bill for what I want and need.
    My P4 box is just a tad too big to fit in my frunk because of the corners and being made of styrafoam it makes the box walls too thick. I ordered a backpack case today. They are 60 dollars off on sale. Im hoping it will fit either my frunk or my left fleetliner bag. The Mavic Pro looks real nice and much more compact to fit on your F3. Let me know how you like it.
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

This guy may have caught a UFO on his P3 footage. It looks very small but very fast. The speed was estimated to be 10.000 MPH.
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Default Flying Drones

Guys, I purchase a drone about 3 years ago after flying model airplanes for at least 25 years! The drone was fun for a few weeks, but I lost interest very quickly! If you can fly a model airplane that cost about $8000 and will fly over 200 miles per hour, please be sure you can fly a drone! When i purchased my drone, they told me i would have to learn to fly it, I told the sale man to go hold the front door open and I would fly it out the building door and back in! With all the govt. regulations on drones, be careful what you buy, and where you can fly it! I live on a farm, so I could fly on my own land! Happy flying, and be sure to get your liability insurance using AMA!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post

Glad you found this one fitting your needs. It's on my list ... but my list is too long these days it seems
    2015 RT Limited Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

I've got a phantom 4. I do not think this Hawk seen one before because he got too close for my comfort.

IMG_20161211_105852.jpg]

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I have a DJI Mavic Pro and an FAA part 107 license added to my ATP.
    Love the Mavic! Have had every drone DJI makes so far.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Young View Post
    I have a DJI Mavic Pro and an FAA part 107 license added to my ATP.
    Love the Mavic! Have had every drone DJI makes so far.
    NICE!! Have you done any jobs with the 107? I have been thinking about doing that. Just downloaded Power Director 15 but have not has any time to get into it.
    2017 F3 Limited