Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

I've only had my spyder for 3.5 months but so far I have 7000 trouble-free kilometres on it.

Spyder Garage

Default 18,000 Kms now...

Quote Originally Posted by south GA Farm Boy View Post
    Guys, I have only been a member of Spyderlovers for a short time. All I read everyday is problems with people's Spyder, such as vibration, poor handling, fumes in gas tank, over heating, burning up due to problems, hot foot on right side, computer problems, etc!
    Does anyone have a Spyder that has been trouble free for several thousands of miles?
    I feel bad after reading all the posting of problems, it makes me want to go buy me a riding motorcycle!
    So if your is trouble free, please post and let me know!
    Thanks
    Only replaced an oil pressure switch so far ( $80) installed

Spyder Garage

traded my 2011rt with 31,000 and only coolant tank leak. now have 2015 rt no problems.
    the vibration is RPM dependent is no a problem
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black

Spyder Garage

We still have our 2008. Had a few issues, only one of which kept us from riding; and BRP fixed that. Have a minor thing with the cruise. Still a great ride.
    08 RS/SM5 (Hers) (sold)
    15 RT-S (Mine)
    2015 RT-S , Metallic Black

Spyder Garage

2011 RS-S SE5, bought preowned 2 years ago with 17000 miles. 29000 miles now. Replaced the paddle shifter, replaced the brake pads, replaced.......... nothing else except tires. Added a couple of things. Oh, yeah, I replaced the fender bracket on the right side only because some SOB decided to mash into the fender with his pickup truck bumper.

Spyder Garage

Have not had any problems with my 2014 RT now with 17,000 miles, wife has almost 22,000 on her 2010 RT, except for a recall part that should have been replaced in 2011, by the dealer....these have been great machines, and a blast to ryde ....but gotta slow down a bit on the farkles
    " My Serenity "......2017 Spyder F3T....Silver Gray in color,Red dragon on Celtic cross on frunk,Blade wheels,Spyderpops bumpskid,LED headlights and foglights,Lamonster heim joints,Lamonster powerpoint,F3 Spyder cuff, Lidlocks helmet lock,Lamonster air pack,Ron-jon sway bar,Sara Clark painted thin blue line and Sheriffs badge, Spyderpops LED strobe brake and rear turn signal lights, Lamonster gas cap, bluetooth.
    2017 F3T , silver

Spyder Garage

2011 RT bought new and only had a couple of minor problems. I love the thing.

BTW, I'm 65 and been riding since I was 17.
    Phil

I may be old, but I got to see all the cool bands.

2011 Spyder RT-AC

Spyder Garage

43,000 Miles. Had a few minor issues in the past. This year not a single issue. I have a very good dealer. Have no issue with going cross country on our 2011RTS. Bruce

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyder a life saver

I've ridden motorcycles since 1968. Usually while running a car as well. Health issues overtook me and I sold the smallest 'bike I'd had for 30 years - a Honda CB 500.
    Bought a Porsche Boxster S for my 'grin factor' vehicle, but much as I like the idea of the Boxster, it didn't do IT for me. So I sold it and bought a 2014 ST SAE5.
    It has saved my life!!
    Love riding it; love tinkering with it; I even love cleaning it.
    It's winter down here, I still don't like the cold and the rain. But then, I could be living in Canada . . .
    Cheers
    Simon

Spyder Garage

Default Runs great

I have a 2013 RT-S, the one that was supposed to have all the problems, mine has been trouble free, 24,000 miles and it just gets better.

Spyder Garage

Love mine in every way..
    Live, Love, and Ride! God Bless!

Spyder Garage

I have a 2014 RT and other than normal maint no issues. Most issues have been with the dealer. I have 15,000 miles.
    Most people if they have problems or questions, this is the place to get help and lots of advice.

Spyder Garage

We have 31,650 miles on our 2014 RT Limited with zero issues.... Awesome machine.

Our 2012 RT Limited was a good machine, but did use and leak oil. It had about 8,500 miles on it when we traded it in on our 2014.
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 Spyder RT Limited - January 2014, Cognac/Black Seat, #958, born on 1-8-14
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Guys, I have only been a member of Spyderlovers for a short time. All I read everyday is problems with people's Spyder, such as vibration, poor handling, fumes in gas tank, over heating, burning up due to problems, hot foot on right side, computer problems, etc!
    Does anyone have a Spyder that has been trouble free for several thousands of miles?
    I feel bad after reading all the posting of problems, it makes me want to go buy me a riding motorcycle!
    Thanks
    I'm on my 3rd Spyder (2010, 2012 and now 2014 RT Limited) and have NEVER, and I repeat NEVER, had any problems with any of them!!!!!!!!! And yes, it get frustrating to read about the problems that some of the owners have.. I feel the only people commenting are those with some sort of problem and those like me that are trouble free do not leave any comments. I would hope there are thousands of trouble free spyder owners out there.
    BIG F

Spyder Garage

2014 rt-s only problems I have had was, I got the DESS screen last Monday, four/five cycles of the key and it went away. And rear tire shot at 6500 miles. Only got 7000 miles on it because-- and I will admit it--- I got scared to go any distance because of reading all the problems on this site. But I've got over that and am really enjoying this machine. I absolutely love it.

Very Active Member tofriendscreek's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

09 GS, 33K miles when sold and ZERO issues. [emoji2]
    12 RT, currently 44K miles with ZERO major issues and normal maintenance. I love it. [emoji106]

Sent from my little piece of paradise!
    2022 Plasma Red, F3 Limited, Special Series

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default We've owned 2 Spyders

No real issues at all. Considering another.

Spyder Garage

Well, people with problems are far more vocal than those without. I am a loud one because there is $10K of repairs to my F3. It has 9,600 miles on it. If I did not have a warranty, I would have to sell it for spare parts.

I also have a Kawi Ninja and it solders on like a tank and cost a fraction of a F3.
    Last edited by Rogue Hawk; 09-15-2016 at 03:36 PM.
    2019 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

Default trouble free spiders

Thanks Guys,
    It was great to see so many positive statements, and the mileage you have on your spiders! Thanks for all your answers, I read each one them! Hope to see some of you at the Spyder rally in Maggie's Valley!
    Thanks again to each one of you!!!
    South GA Farm Boy

Spyder Garage

Thanks
    I have owned 2 RTs and I have been trouble free from day one. I have nothing to complain about except dealer service but that's another story

Spyder Garage

Default Trouble free spyders

My 2015 RTs has been trouble free for 12,000 miles. Completed a 3100 mile trek across the plains to Durango Colorado without even thinking that I'd have a problem.

file:///Users/thomasholberton/Desktop/VisitedStatesMap.jpg

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I bought a 2010 Limited Edition RT ( #279 of 500) with only 3,500 miles on it in September of 2014. I've put 12,000 miles on her and just replaced the rear tire. I have to take her back for a belt adjustment since I'm getting a tympanic vibration now. Only issue since I bought it.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Default Trouble free Spyders

I have a 2013 RT-S. Had it 3 years. Mine had 400+ miles when bought. At 7000 now. It did get hot and I could smell gasoline fumes now and then. Road for that first year. the next summer BRP fix/recall and no trouble or heat or smells. There is an annoying chirp/squeak in the right front that I think is brake pad/rotor related. been there from day one. Brake upgrade this winter I think. I love mine.

Spyder Garage

I have had two Spyders. A 2008GS and a 2012 RTS. Over 20,000 miles and only one problem that I had to go to the dealer. Under warranty, spent one night in the shop and no charge. I will buy my third Spyder next year.

Spyder Garage

I have a 2013 rtld , 50,000 miles. Love every minute of it. Other than the heat rework, no major issues. Will not trade up until it dies.