Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default No Complaints Here

I'm on my third Spyder (2013 RTL, 2014 RTL & 2016 F3L) and have 42,000 combined miles. I've had one or two minor warranty issues but nothing major. I love my Spyder and wouldn't hesitate to ride it anywhere.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

That's just a result of this sites success and the helpful people on it.
    • If you have a problem the first thing your going to do is post it here because you know you'll get help.
    • If we all kept posting "I rode my Spyder today and nothing went wrong" this would be a very boring forum:-)
    • When someone has a problem they always get plenty of help, because of that the threads tend to stay 'live' for longer.

Of course very occasionally you do get the odd person who just has a problem with having a problem. Not to mention we all like to have a good moan at times:-)

So just to confirm:
    • I've never broken down on my 2011 RS
    • I rode my Spyder last week for 9 hours non-stop and nothing went wrong
    • In a couple of weeks time I'm doing another iron butt and I don't expect to have any problems then either

Spyder Garage

Picked up my new RT LTD last Monday. Made it about 3/4 mi. from the dealer when it lost power and the "Limp Home" screen came up. Made it back to the dealer and they took it in right away: over heating. They thought it might have an air lock in the cooling system and needed burped. They worked on it for a while but it still overheated. One of the mechanics said " maybe the key-way might have come off the water pump impeller during assembly and the impeller wasn't spinning. They took the water pump off "NO IMPELLER". Still no comment from Can-Am....

Spyder Garage

2015 RT Limited, 11000 miles, getting ready to replace the rear tire, no other problems.
    2015 RT L , Red

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Trouble free?

I have one of the infomous 2013 RT-Ls that are talked about. It now has over 20,000 miles on it.
    The refrofit/ recall was done and the issues have been very few, I have more problems with my cars. There were 4 or 5 2013 models that caught fire out of thousands, they did an extensive retrofit that is appealing as well. I had to have a guage replaced because the bulb went out, and maintenance done. There were a few other costly issues that i paid for but those were caused when a new dealer opened very close to me, I let them do my 15k service and they made huge mistakes that were fixed by a good dealer 50 miles distant, lesson learned.

As as many have stated here, this is a great place to come when you have issues, don't get overwhelmed by them, people are asking for help. Yes we have our share of complainers, whiners and people that at one time owned a Spyder, then sold it because they did not like it. Unfortunately they still like to come here and poke the gorilla because they had a laps in good judgement. My 2013 runs like a gazell, purrs like a kitten and is by far a very sound vehicle.

Enjoy the Ryde!

Joe
    U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by south GA Farm Boy View Post
    Guys, I have only been a member of Spyderlovers for a short time. All I read everyday is problems with people's Spyder, such as vibration, poor handling, fumes in gas tank, over heating, burning up due to problems, hot foot on right side, computer problems, etc!
    Does anyone have a Spyder that has been trouble free for several thousands of miles?
    I feel bad after reading all the posting of problems, it makes me want to go buy me a riding motorcycle!
    So if your is trouble free, please post and let me know!
    Thanks
    That's the nature of an internet forum. When there are no problems there is little to write about.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

2014RT. Initial issue with parking brake, no problems since, 10K miles
    2014 RTSS , Cogna/ black

Spyder Garage

Default trouble free

Keep in mind that human nature is to complain regardless of issues. Most people, myself included, will only post when they have problems. You don't hear anything from the hordes of RYDERS that ride trouble free on a daily basis. Many of us only post the problems (however minor) to keep other ryders informed of possible issues they may or may not encounter. It makes personal trouble shooting less of a challenge when you see you're not the only one with either a problem or a fix for you to enjoy your ride. Check out forums for other brands and I'm sure you'll have the same experience, most postings are about problems and not praise for our great rides. Get out there and keep the knees to the wind. By the way, I'm on my third Spyder and wouldn't even consider going back to two wheels. '11 RTS, '14 RTL, '15 F3S. Keep in mind also that the service at the dealer could influence a lot of opinions about the machines. Shop around and read the good feedback about dealers that care about the product and the Customers.

Spyder Garage

I haven't read all the posts on this thread. But I'm sure someone has mentioned it.

I have been on forums like this for a long long time. From canam talk with my 4 wheelers to commander forums to maverick forums wtc etc etc. Even on a Polaris rzr forum. And 90% of the time you will see negative posts.

People talking about all their issues and that their machine sucks etc etc.

But in reality there are so many people that are having nothing but great luck with their machines.

And really. All these people that complain. How many actually sell their bike and buy a totally different model. Maybe 1 out of 1000. It's because the machine is great. They just seem to have one where some stuff is going wrong.

I personally had a 2011 rt and had it for 6000km (it had 13600km) when I traded it. I had no issues. Yes the right side got hot. But I used it to my advantage.

Now I have a 2015 F3S. And put over 7000km on it in a month. No issues with it either. Knock on wood.

I love it. I love canam.

I love these forums for when people have issues their is usually someone to help. Or DIY mods. Cause I'm cheap haha.

Or just last weekend when buddy was on a ride a broke a sway bar link. Others jumped in to help.

That's what these forums should mainly be about.

But in reality it is a good place to vent about problems.

Comes with the territory.

Stiff

Sent on Note 5 in Taptalk
    2011 RT Limited , White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yup... some folks enjoy complaining about everything, and every problem becomes a horrendous Safety issue, that NHTSA should be investigating... At the same time: the companies should be making full restitution to every owner of every bike produced...

Hyperbole is a wonderful thing; ain't it?

My 2010 had some issues, and I did have to put it on a trailer once... only once!
    My 2014 just keeps on chuggin'!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

There are plenty of posts on this forum from people who enjoy their Spyders and have no complaints. A forum such as this is designed to help people when they DO have problems, therefore you will always see more posts from people with problems then you will from those who do not have problems. It's just the nature of the beast.
    I have had my Spyder for 14 months and over 23,000 miles with only one issue, which was quickly taken care of under warranty by the dealer. Those of us who love our Spyders and have little or no issues are busy riding, and don't typically post daily love notes on SpyderLovers, which is why you see more posts about problems than you do about no-problems.

Pam

• 2015 RT-S Special Series / Red & Black
    • Baja Ron Sway Bar
    • Utopia Backrest
    • F4 Customs tall and wide vented windshield
    • Stebel Super Loud Air Horn
    • Baker Built Air Wings
    • LaMonster Highway Pegs
    • SpyderPops Exhaust Block Off Plate
    • SpyderPops KOTT Grill
    • SpyderPops Belt Guard
    • Cat Bypass
    • Laser Alignment by Squared Away
    • TricLED Fender Lights
    • General Altimax RT43 rear tire
    • Dual flag holder
    • Mud Flap
    • A$$hole seeking missile system

Spyder Garage

Default Just a little love note-----

My wife loves the 2014 RT-S. I still ride 2 wheels when I can but both of them are road bikes and when I get in a situation of limited traction( rain, gravel, groves/tracks, steep with gravel) then I just love the

Only problems are the dealership where we purchased it. I would go to another shop in a heartbeat but next nearest is ober 100miles away. All problems were related to dealer prep of new .

Over all our has been GREAT.

No KAOS here.
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

2011 RTS 24K miles.
    NO ISSUES
    Had one warranty repair for a set screw in the engine found on an oil change.
    I have done all my own service except for that warranty repair.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ruralgirl View Post
    I don't know if 3K qualifies as several thousand, but my 2015 RT-S has been a dream DESPITE my constant fears that she's not built for the horrendously bumpy, stony roads that I must ryde on. She rattles like a bucket of plastic, but has so far soldiered on. It's the nature of the forum beast to post concerns and requests for problem solutions, so I'd bet that if you visited the forums of any of the other leaners, they'd scare ya, too!
    Boy that's no lie. Riding our spyder re

ally makes you know the crappy roads that my car has endured. [emoji35]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Take a look at my signature.

Five Spyders/132000 miles. No issues with any of them accept for normal maintenance items. Would I buy another? Heck yes.

Since this is a public forum, the tendency is at least ten complaints for every praise. Sometimes the complaints are overstated by those with an agenda.

Those who are having little to no problems don't post a lot. They are to busy having fun on their 's.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Runs and drives perfectly with 2500 on the odometer. Looking forward 25,000 of the same.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Go to any auto or motorcycle forum and you will find the same.

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

just over 17,000 miles in 13 months, first trip from Michigan to Nova Scotia, several mini trips around Michigan, and the last trip from Michigan to Utah.
    I have had to change the oil twice, and the rear tire once. Never had to add oil between changes, never low on coolant, no dreaded DSS failure, no problems of any kind!

This machine is awesome. I would jump on it and head to Alaska without any thoughts of a failure.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

I guess if I had to complain about something it would be the trailer hitch. It's a very poor idea to attach it to the rear axle and transmit all of the road shock straight to the trailer tongue. You won't find a car or truck with the hitch attached that way. Other than that it's a good ride but mine is still for sale cause it's real hard on my neck and back.

Spyder Garage

33,800 miles no problems

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Default 2014 RS-S

26500 mi no problems still running original front tyres. If you do not ryde ryde your highly polished Spyder it will hate you and give you problems.

If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it. Sypder Loco!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

A dirty Spyder is a sign of a ridden Spyder... and a happy owner!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Hi Crisis,

Re: 2008 GS, bullet proof! Except for a defective coolant tank...

12,000 miles on my '08 & I'm now in that club. Had to wait about 1 1/2 weeks to get a replacement tank; $100 and all is well with the world again.

Jerry Baumchen

PS) If it moves, it will break.
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Spyder Garage

We have over 25K on ours, had two problems, both fixed under warranty. 1st one was a bad ignition switch the second was a bad instrument cluster. Other than that, been an awesome bike and we ride all year!

Every forum I have ever been on has issues with whatever the forum is about, ride your bike and don't worry as much. I have learned in my 50 yrs that if I look hard enough for a problem, even if there isn't one, Ill find it, or make it seem like a problem.

Kent
    Ride Safe All
    2014 RT Limited (Charlotte) in Cognac, Kuryakyn Grips,Tri-Axis Handle Bars, Rivco Armrests, a "finless" BT Dongle, TricLed Fender, Saddlebag, 3rd & 4th brake Lights, Custom Dynamics "Magic Strobes Brake Flasher", BajaRon Sway Bar & Spring Adjusters, Lighted Bumpskid, Rivco Highway Pegs, Rivco Cup Holders and Baker Built Air Wings. 215/60R-15 General Altimax Rt rear tire. 155/60R15 Kumho Solus front tires.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    A dirty Spyder is a sign of a ridden Spyder... and a happy owner!
    Yup! That's me. Was washed one time so far--in April.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red