Spyder Garage

Default Custom Exhaust for 2016 F3-T

Guys,
    I do not see any performance exhaust systems specifically for the 2016 F3-T. I am thinking about fabricating one utilizing a Supertrapp universal slip on muffler. Has anyone found a way to adopt a high performance (any brand) muffler to a 2016 F3-T or F3 Limited?
    Thanks,
    Grady

Spyder Garage

Default Well....

It would seem they are all waiting on you... a video clip with audio when you get her done...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default exahust

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    It would seem they are all waiting on you... a video clip with audio when you get her done...
    I installed the SPYDER1ATTITUDE and I love it . Easy to install all one piece and eliminates that cat .

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I had a Super Trap on my RS-S loved it. If you go that route, check for clearance for the exhaust since it comes out radially through the discs. I liked how it was easy to tune. I had 18 discs in mine. Check and see if Lenny at Pit Bull has a system to fit your bike I have one of his on my new F3S and love it.

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks Billy!

Quote Originally Posted by billy514 View Post
    I installed the SPYDER1ATTITUDE and I love it . Easy to install all one piece and eliminates that cat .
    Billy,
    Thanks! The one piece system for the F3-T looks great on the web site.
    Did you go with the 8" or the 14" version?
    How does it sound?
    Thanks,
    Grady

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks Machinegunner

Quote Originally Posted by Machinegunner View Post
    I had a Super Trap on my RS-S loved it. If you go that route, check for clearance for the exhaust since it comes out radially through the discs. I liked how it was easy to tune. I had 18 discs in mine. Check and see if Lenny at Pit Bull has a system to fit your bike I have one of his on my new F3S and love it.
    Thanks for the feedback machine gunner. When you reference clearance are you referring to the overall length of the system?

Spyder Garage

Default DIY

i'm here to tell you that you need to BUY a good one and save your time and money trying to build one...
    WHY? you ask... i've built no less than 2 dozen DIY mufflers for both RS & RT SPYD3Rs.... and you never know what it will sound like until you have completed and installed it... and more times than not, the sound was not to my liking... that's the primary reason why i've built so many... my final RS muffler was the best one, i gutted the OEM, shortened it by 9 inches and installed a CHERRY BOMB glass-pack in it... see pix... the RT's were the same... best one also had a glass-pack in it... both sounded great, but on long rides, the loud tone got to be rather challenging to my 65+ year ears...
    which ever way you go, best of luck to you...
    Dan P
    SPYD3R
    SAM_0342.jpg SAM_0537.jpg SAM_0807.jpg SAM_0906 (1).jpg SAM_0908.jpg

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I was referring to the heat from the exhaust coming out of the discs. It made my parking brake on my RS-S very warm. I used insulated foil tape to help deflect it. I had no problems, just concerns. I like Len's one piece system better. It's not terribly load and I think sounds better than just the cat. removed.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyGrady View Post
    Billy,
    Thanks! The one piece system for the F3-T looks great on the web site.
    Did you go with the 8" or the 14" version?
    How does it sound?
    Thanks,
    Grady
    It has a deeper tone 14 inch . Go to his Facebook page and you can listen to it .