Spyder Garage

Default OK I get a P1614 Code - How do I fix?

I get a P1614 code quite a bit, when I haven't ridden in a few days. Is this the Throttle control problem I have been reading about.?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

P1614 - Throttle idle position failure on throttle release.

Throttle mechanical adjustment

No initialization after throttle body ECM replacement

Check throttle mechanical adjustment.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

"P1614" usually means that the throttle bodies will be needing to be replaced soon.
    It does not get better on it's own, and replacement seems inevitable.
    Sorry...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Indiana Ken View Post
    I get a P1614 code quite a bit, when I haven't ridden in a few days. Is this the Throttle control problem I have been reading about.?
    So the thing is, you have a 2012, which was not as notorious for throttle body failures as the earlier models. In 2015, BRP issued a TST for code P1614 and covers up through 2015 units. It outlines model years, throttle body serial numbers, and whether or not to perform a throttle body replacement, an ECM software update, or a throttle body cleaning due to this code. As well as the procedure for cleaning. My feeling is that yours first needs a cleaning and check to ensure that all your software is up to date. A trip to the dealer for sure, who will want to do a cleaning before a replacement anyway. You could conceivably clean it yourself if you don't mind the pain in the butt it's going to be to get to it.

The TST is 9 pages long in pdf, so I could email it to you if you PM me your email address. I can't add an attachment by going through this site.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

PM sent...
    Would you please send a copy of that bulletin to me also?
    Thanks!

Spyder Garage

If someone emails it to me I would be happy to host it on my google drive.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

uhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaa!!!!! I know I am now a newbie ,,, these give codes also ? would this be in the cycles screen where m.p.h. and gas water temp is displayed ? holey smokes , would love too get a owners manual and the repair manual !

Spyder Garage

Digital owners manual available free from BRP http://can-am.brp.com/spyder Choose OWNERS, GUIDE & INFRORMATION, OWNERS GUIDES. Then choose the year and model of your Spyder. To get a service manual. Check out Ebay.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    If someone emails it to me I would be happy to host it on my google drive.
    Billy,
    PM me with your mailing address, and I'll pass along a copy of it to you...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Billy,
    PM sent...

Spyder Garage

2018 F3 LIMITED

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That is the exact same scanned bulletin I posted here months ago. LOL....

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Default need help on P1614/P1615.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbelt Spyder View Post
    So the thing is, you have a 2012, which was not as notorious for throttle body failures as the earlier models. In 2015, BRP issued a TST for code P1614 and covers up through 2015 units. It outlines model years, throttle body serial numbers, and whether or not to perform a throttle body replacement, an ECM software update, or a throttle body cleaning due to this code. As well as the procedure for cleaning. My feeling is that yours first needs a cleaning and check to ensure that all your software is up to date. A trip to the dealer for sure, who will want to do a cleaning before a replacement anyway. You could conceivably clean it yourself if you don't mind the pain in the butt it's going to be to get to it.

The TST is 9 pages long in pdf, so I could email it to you if you PM me your email address. I can't add an attachment by going through this site.

can you email me on how to clean the throttle body and ECM software updates?

Spyder Garage

Please I need help with codes P1614, P1615, P0130 on the throttle body? Can anyone help me out and fixing these codes. I replaced my sparks plugs/oil and now I'm getting these. I have not been riding my 2011 Can Am Spyder Rt Limited so I need help?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-26-2022 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Caps & spaces...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Realwoman View Post
    Please I need help with codes P1614, P1615, P0130 on the throttle body? Can anyone help me out and fixing these codes. I replaced my sparks plugs/oil and now I'm getting these. I have not been riding my 2011 Can Am Spyder Rt Limited so I need help?
    . Hi Real, it always pays to check the date of the last few posts in a thread before you reply or add a post, and it never hurts to check when it was started too - This thread dates back to September 2016!!

That's not to say you shouldn't add to an old thread or ask for help on an old thread, just be aware that if you do, some of the original posters may not be around &/or visit quite so often anymore. . In this case, you might be lucky, since both Billybovine & Snowbelt Spyder are still on the boards fairly often & given a day or so for either to visit again &/or a chance to see your posts, one or both may be able to help with instructions on how to clean your Spyder's throttle body, if that's what's called for... . Buuuut IIRC, some of those earlier Spyders needed their throttle body replaced rather than just cleaned, and if it hasn't been done on your Spyder already, there's a (slight??) chance that might be covered by BRP....

You will probably need to take your Spyder to a dealer to get any ECM Updates applied, if they haven't already been done; and they should also be able to check about the Throttle body replacement status of your machine too.... so maybe you should take it to a dealer anyway?! Got any good dealers nearby??

Good Luck
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-06-2024 at 07:08 PM. Reason: orboth?? :-/
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Saw it. PM sent.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbelt Spyder View Post

Please send me a copy via PM or email in my profile. I had my throttle body boots replaced a month ago and this code came up today. Thank you so much!!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-06-2024 at 07:07 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    Please send me a copy via PM or email in my profile. I had my throttle body boots replaced a month ago and this code came up today. Thank you so much!!
    Now that you've got your first post (+1) up Deme, you can send your email address to Snowbelt Spyder as requested in his post, and you won't have to display your sensitive & personal identification information here for the whole World to see/steal/use to target you, as per the Warning Sticky requesting you not to!

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...e-Public-Pages!

Thanks!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    Hey Deme, after I made that post back then, Billy hosted that document on his Google Drive. It’s still there. Go back up this page to post 11. Click the link, the document will open, and you can down load it or print it from there. I’m away from my computer and can’t email it. This will work just as good.