Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Just got a new F3-T....could use some help

Hi folks
    Purchased a 2016 F3-t yesterday and after 250 miles decided stock windshield has to go. What are the best aftermarket choices in a taller shield. I would like to retain the factory mount. Your thoughts would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Spyder Garage

and on your new F3. Can't give you advice on the windshield, but others will soon.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I changed my windshield on my 2016 F3T with a F4 windshield. Being 6'5" I got the 25" one and either look through the top or just over depending on sitting posture. Really like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I have the F3 windshield from F4 and I do not have a problem with exhaust being sucked up into the drivers area. I have an F3T. I have the 23" and went with clear as I felt the tinting obscured too much color. Great protection. I have a vent in my windshield as well. Definitely decreases helmet buffering and my passenger states she feels less wind turbulence as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Default F4 windscreen suck exhaust fumes?

Quote Originally Posted by spyderyderjim View Post
    http://calsci.com/motorcycleinfo/SpyderF3Tprod.html
    2016 F3T shields have a cutout to relieve vacuum behind shield, eliminating exhaust fumes sucked up into drivers area;
    Mark at CalSci will help you decide what height shield you need that will work for your wind protection.
    (the F4 2016 F3T shields do not have the shield cutout & suck exhaust fumes into drivers area).
    Enjoy your new F3T Spyder!!
    Do you have data that backs up that claim, Jim? If that public claim is simply based on heresay, it's a bit irresponsible to post it.
    I am using an F4 25" and am unaware of any such an occurrence......aside from this, the 25" comes with a vent near the bottom of the screen to bring in fresh air.
    Pete
    Last edited by Peteoz; 09-10-2016 at 07:06 PM.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

This will be a lot more fun when I'm not being buffeted on the freeway!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Leeallen1111 View Post
    I changed my windshield on my 2016 F3T with a F4 windshield. Being 6'5" I got the 25" one and either look through the top or just over depending on sitting posture. Really like it. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep. I've got the 25" too, Leeallen. I look over the top by a couple of inches. It's a big screen, but it works beautifully. The stock F3-T screen, despite having a cutout to relieve the vacuum, beat the crap out of me and my eyeballs on the trip home...........the F4 is a pleasure to ride behind and stil have your helmet in the wind.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Vegasf3t View Post
    This will be a lot more fun when I'm not being buffeted on the freeway!
    oh.....and yes.....the F4 uses the stock mounts, and is happily cleaned with Windex and paper towels, Vegas

Pete
    Last edited by Peteoz; 09-10-2016 at 07:18 PM.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Default Huh?

I'm not quite sure how asking you if you have any data to back your claim is telling you "what to post", but hey....you hang in there.

It is good to see you changed your story to now say that the 2016 F3-T does indeed have the 2" shield cutouts at the bottom despite claiming that they do not and therefore suck exhaust fumes into the riders area in your first post....and since the OP is asking about the 2016, that's the relevant bit. Kinda makes you wonder about some of the other claims though.

Pete

I have 21,300 miles with F3 shields/riding experience, best wind protection.
    I know what works in the real world of riding F3 Spyder wind protection.
    I have build several Aluminum frame mounts for F3 CalSci & (Chrome) shields, correct distance/angle to give best wind protection in front of F3 driver.
    Read the several posts from 2015 F3 Spyder drivers complaining about exhaust gas fumes sucked into driver area from their F4 shields.
    That is prove enough for me in real world F3 Spyder riding the shields need a vent.
    The 2016 F3T may not have that exhaust fume problem with the 2" space under front of shields.
    Buy what you want; I am just sharing my good experience with both of my F3 CalSci shields.
    Don't tell me what to post.
    Jim
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

I have the BRP Tallboy windshield. It works fine for me and I look over the windshield. Although, when it rains, I get wetter on it than I did on the RT.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

http://calsci.com/motorcycleinfo/SpyderF3Tprod.html
    2016 F3T shields have a cutout to relieve vacuum behind shield, eliminating exhaust fumes sucked up into drivers area;
    Mark at CalSci will help you decide what height shield you need that will work for your wind protection.
    (the F4 2016 F3T shields do not have the shield cutout, & may suck exhaust fumes into drivers area like the 2015 F3, F4 shields).
    Enjoy your new F3T Spyder!!
    Thanks Jim. LTNS

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

F4 IMHO is the best one. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    oh.....and yes.....the F4 uses the stock mounts, and is happily cleaned with Windex and paper towels, Vegas

Pete
    I use lemon pledge....spray it on ....rub it around with ur hand....let soak afew mins...then remove it with cotton cloth...dont u paper product....makes smalll scraches....i use pledge on the whole bike....works grt on painted surface also

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

A lot of excellent information! Thanks everyone

Spyder Garage

We put the F4 on the wife's F3T and she could not be more pleased with it. Liked the build quality and clarity so well I replaced the shield on my F3S with an F4. Great perfect fitting product! Looks very OEM when installed. The F3T shield from F4 has a very nice adjustable air vent just above the glove box.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Live, Love, and Ride! God Bless!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

& on your new Spyder F3T. I have the F4 windshield.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by amelectricdavid View Post
    I use lemon pledge....spray it on ....rub it around with ur hand....let soak afew mins...then remove it with cotton cloth...dont u paper product....makes smalll scraches....i use pledge on the whole bike....works grt on painted surface also

Yeah, I know where you are coming from, David, but the F4 is a bit different. They want you to use fresh paper towels as there is nothing clinging to them. Cloth can sometimes have "clingons"......it works well for the F4 screens.
    Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Ok

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Ok ...try pledge. ..work grt on bugs

Spyder Garage

Default Congratulations

Congratulations on your new Spyder. Sorry I cannot give you advice on windshields, all I know is I am pleased with my Can-Am Blue Ridge windshield.
    2015 F3-S in Magnesium with Can Am red frame
    Blue Ridge Windscreen
    Heated Grips
    Name of my F3-S - Sandra
    Xmas present to me and from myself on 6/11/2015 - 02/09/2018

2019 F3-S Special Series in Liquid Titanium with Orange frame
    Blue Ridge Windscreen
    Heated Grips
    Signature Light with switch to turn it off and on.
    Name of my F3-S - Pamela
    2019 F3-S Special Series , Liquid Titanium with orange frame

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool Maybe an alternative....

https://bikescreen.com/products/can-...lue-ridge-2015

Don't know whether Gustafssons are making a shield for the F3T yet but they do make a huge range for the F3s.
    Maybe worth giving them a call. All of their shields use the OEM hardware.

Spyder Garage

Any opinions on the can am tall shield?

Spyder Garage

Default The F4

Better quality, better built, better (cheaper) price. Get the F4. Bring it over, and Ill put it on for you! Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Vegasf3t View Post
    Any opinions on the can am tall shield?
    It depends how tall you are, Vegas. It didn't work for me, but I'm 6'7"......too much eyeball buffeting......I'm sure it works well for others though.

One major plus of the F4 is that many people have bought them and noted their own height from the seat and where their eye position is, so there is pretty good data on getting a screen that is at top lip level for minimal buffeting. (If that's what you're after).

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.