Thread: Modifications

Spyder Garage

Default Modifications

I finally completed the modifications to my 2015 F 3. Most were Lamonster parts and I can't say enough good things about the company and products. I added both the LED fog lights and rings. I didn't think the installation looked complete so I added the BRC heat shields to make things look more finished. Here are some photos.
    image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
    I also added BRC passenger foot boards, a pieced-out GPS mount to use a non-motorcycle TomTom GPS I already had. Also a custom saddle and passenger seat from Bill Meyer Saddles.

Like many people, I managed to cross-thread one of the brass inserts. Being unable to find a stock replacement, I used a metric thread tap to redo the threads. Much easier then cutting it out and kludging in a non-standard replacement.
    Last edited by CA Railwhale; 09-10-2016 at 12:24 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default Congrats. ..

Looks great..job well done and the little additions are sweet... Lamontster does have quality products...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Yes he does.. I have a few on my bike!
    Live, Love, and Ride! God Bless!

Spyder Garage

Default Heat shields?

Whale:

Do you have a link to a photo/PN for the BRC heat shields?

I can't make them out in the pics in your post above.

Thanks,

Pete
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-11-2022 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display
    Pete Tamblyn
    Cleveland, GA

2020 F3 Limited (black)

Time Out XL1800 cargo trailer

2019 Royal Enfield 650 Interceptor
    2018 Kawasaki Versys-X 300

2013 ST (sold)
    2015 F3-S SOLD
    2014 RT-Limited (cognac) SOLD

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CA Railwhale View Post

Like many people, I managed to cross-thread one of the brass inserts. Being unable to find a stock replacement, I used a metric thread tap to redo the threads. Much easier then cutting it out and kludging in a non-standard replacement.
    Below is a handy little tip :-)

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/member.php?17998-Wildrice
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by motoswami View Post
    Whale:

Do you have a link to a photo/PN for the BRC heat shields?

I can't make them out in the pics in your post above.

Thanks,

Pete
    They call them heat shields but they are just bezels that go around the driving lights. I'll see if I can find the part numbers when I get home....
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-11-2022 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Default Heat Shields

Quote Originally Posted by CA Railwhale View Post
    I finally completed the modifications to my 2015 F 3. Most were Lamonster parts and I can't say enough good things about the company and products. I added both the LED fog lights and rings. I didn't think the installation looked complete so I added the BRC heat shields to make things look more finished. Here are some photos.
    image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg .....
    Motoswami, If you enlarge the first photo, the heatshield is the ring and curved piece below and to the left of the fogllight. The part numbers are: LH Heatshield 705 008 995 and RH Heatshield 705 008 996. They were $8.95 plus tax each.
    Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-11-2022 at 11:08 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display

Spyder Garage

Hello,
    I'm john in Tolleson and I just purchased a 2021 F-3- L. What would you advise for add ons. Do you know of any planned rides in this area. I need to get out more and meet more spyder riders.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jpranger View Post
    Hello,
    I'm john in Tolleson and I just purchased a 2021 F-3- L. What would you advise for add ons. Do you know of any planned rides in this area. I need to get out more and meet more spyder riders.
    Don't hurry into addons, your bike will tell you what it wants/needs for comfort, handling, wind protection, etc.. Stay tuned to this forum, there are a lot of Spyder wise people here with great info.
    Put at least a couple thousand miles on before deciding on car tires and a couple 2K more before adding a sway bar. That way, you will know what they do for the bike.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Hello,

Hi John, welcome to the Forum & posting.

Just a quick note - it always pays to check the date a thread started & the dates on the last few posts in the thread, as it's easy enough to reply to a thread that was last posted in back in 2016 - like this one. That in itself isn't a biggie, but sometimes the original posters in an old thread might not be around any more (most of those in this thread are tho) so you might not get any relevant replies by posting in an old thread - altho it does help make searching by others for the same/similar info easier if you keep all the related info/questions etc in the one place!

Aaand, if you check on the Main Index page, there are Forum sections for most US States & some Regions that'll let you check out who's around your area & see if there's any active local Ryders; plus, there's the Membership list too - most people have at least a Country &/or State in their Profiles' Location field, which can be handy; altho there are a few who are a bit confused about where they are, maybe even about what planet they might be on?!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Default Rides

Hello,
    I ride with a group called Flying Wheels out of Sun City West. The Group is mostly retirees and rides Monday’s, Tuesday’s, Thursday’s and Saturday’s. Right now the rides start at 0900 from the MacDonalds at Grand and Reems and are almost always under two hundred miles with breakfast somewhere on the way.